Beacon of Light and LoS

If i'm not in LoS of my beacon target will they still get healed if i'm healing other people?

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

Re: Beacon of Light and LoS

yup

They won't get healed if the target you are healing is not in LoS of the beaconed person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatinia View Post
    Deathwing begins to explode as he explodes

Look I made a pretty paint picture to explain everyone how it works

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatinia View Post
    Deathwing begins to explode as he explodes

Quote Originally Posted by DreadLobster
    Look I made a pretty paint picture to explain everyone how it works

Thank you a lot for that, I've been wondering the same myself. Recently I started doing casual 2's with a mate of mine (mage), I would beacon him and LoS behind something, then notice a lot of the time he was not receiving the heals. But this has completely cleared it up, thanks again.

neither of those work, at least not with the dalaran north bank, go try it in game right now.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Ronnin

You need to have LOS to both your target and the target of your Beacon. This is specifically done to prevent Arena shenanigans. In PvE this rarely matters, but it does come up on occasion. For instance, this is why we stand about 8 yards away from the iceblock on Sindragosa - so that you can Beacon the tank and heal the raid while dropping your stacks.

If you're going to try and test this in game, make sure that the obstacle you use is actually blocking your LOS by attempting to put a HL directly on your Beacon target. A lot of things in game look like they'd be obstacles but really are not.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

The range and line of sight for beacon heals are both based on your position, not your target.
    Too cool for a sig.

Quote Originally Posted by thrizie
    The range and line of sight for beacon heals are both based on your position, not your target.
    Beacon does have a 60 yard range in relation to the healing paladin right? So if the beaconed target is out of healing range (40 yards) but within 60 yards compared to you, and your heal target is within the 40y range, it should still work? (haven't had much chance to heal much outside of VoA and ToC PuGs where range is never* an issue :P)

Valhuur was holy now prot in cata

Yes, it has a 60yd range, based on your proximity to the beacon target. The positioning of the target of your heal has no effect.

The diagram a few posts up is wrong.
    Too cool for a sig.

Yeah I agree that the diagram is wrong. On Sindragosa, if I'm hiding behind an Icetomb in P3 I can heal the beacon'd tank by healing myself or anyone else hiding with me.

Yeah, during phase 3 you can still top off the tank from behind the tombs, makes it easier to drop stacks.

Deleted

The diagram is correct.

The beacon heal "jumps" from your target to the beacon. Therefore there must be line of sight between your target and the beacon.

The 60yrd range is only from your target to the beacon. Your distance has nothing to do with it. You can effectively heal a target 100yrds away.

You definitely cannot heal the tank with beacon by casting on yourself when not in LOS of the tank.