... LastLast

Re: Blue posts, MMO Report

awesome MMO report as always

<3 MMO-report

10+ Year Old Account

Underwater zones....yay.....*cry*

New class changes : Underwater breathing spells can no longer be cast on other people and now have a duration of 2minutes with a 30min cooldown!

World changes: All underwater breathing items and potions have been removed from the game

New mount changes : A new mount has been released its a yellow submarine! this single person mount costs 120k G and allows players to breath underwater however the submarines air tank only lasts for 30 min then an additional air tank must be purchased for an additional 20k gold.

MMO report was awesome as usual.

Deleted

haha brandom at mmo report

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef
    New mount changes : A new mount has been released its a yellow submarine! this single person mount costs 120k G and allows players to breath underwater however the submarines air tank only lasts for 30 min then an additional air tank must be purchased for an additional 20k gold.
    Yeah, as if it'd cost gold....

Single Person Mount: 30 Dollar
    Additional Seats: 5 Dollar/Seat

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthunter
    haha brandom at mmo report
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    Thank's for the honey, father bear.
    Nom Nom nom!

Quote Originally Posted by Unorthodox
    Yum Uldum sounds good.Hopefully it can revitalize expectations of the large instances such as Brd while not being too large so many people avoid doing. Atleast it in the right direction to make the instances larger.
    Blizzard's biggest mistake since vanilla has been to think "hey look, majority of people like X, lets make everything X". For example, "most people say SM was their favorite dungeon in vanilla, lets make every single TBC dungeon into 3-winged SM copy", or, "most people seem to enjoy paladin AoE tanking and AoE nuking in TBC, lets make everything clearable by AoE spamming in WotLK."

The mistake is that while the majority might prefer one type of mechanic, dungeon, playstyle etc., they probably don't like the same thing all the time (e.g., doing BRD style instance every once in a while can be fun even if you prefer short AoE fest instances) and there can be a sizable number of people who prefer something completely different (even if 90% prefer one thing there's still over a million players who want something else).

This is why the homogenization of WoW results in so much whining in the forums. I hope Blizzard learns from their mistakes and gives us diverse content in Cataclysm. For example, each major content patch could add one long, hard, un-puggable progress raid instance, couple of puggable 2-boss raid encounters, couple of short AoE-fest 5-mans and one longer 6-8 boss 5-man. That adds up to roughly the amount of work they've been putting into content patches, maybe a bit more, but would ensure diverse content for everyone to enjoy.

Brandon is my hero

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Rogue (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Rogues Cooldowns

In actuality it's not quite this extreme, but the stereotypical rogue encounter is that if they have their cooldowns available, they're going to wreck you and if they don't have their cooldowns available, you're going to wreck them. Giving Cloak a chance to fail was a way to make sure that rogues couldn't guarantee that they would be immune to spells for a few seconds. Usually they would be, but sometimes they'd get unlucky and the lock or whoever would have a chance against them.
    ...would have a chance against them... Blizzard's subtle way to say rogues dominate casters ... >
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrok
    Yeah, as if it'd cost gold....

Single Person Mount: 30 Dollar
    Additional Seats: 5 Dollar/Seat

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    woah shit mindplode.

Quote Originally Posted by Travio
    Good way to do that would be to give slightly better rewards for doing the longer ones. Now, I don't mean higher iLvl necessarily, but, for example, in heroic mode two bosses dropping epic gear instead of just the one; then again, extra "emblems" or whatever they use in this expansion might make it worth it in and of itself to do the longer one - assuming it doesn't take so long to do that it becomes more efficient to do, say, three other dungeons in the same amount of time (back to where the multiple bosses with epics might keep enough people playing the dungeon).

Loving MMO Report, as always.
    I like that idea.

Otherwise, I think too many people will leave once they see that they have been choosen to do uldum by the LFG random tool.
    The better rewards (without making the donjon harder ) could solve that problem

Brandon is probably from MMO Champion.

Good job Brandon. Way to represent.

So Bladestorm damage won't get crapped on like WW?

10+ Year Old Account

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Whats with all the guy love to the presenter of the mmo report :P

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Paladin raid healing will be weird
    Insert Signiture here.

Don't get your hopes up about Uldum, guys.
    While I agree with most of you in that how you all are describing it would be awesome, remember, they claimed that the "ICC 5 man would have 7 bosses and an epic storyline" etc..., and it just turned out to be 3 pretty irrelevant (from one another) instances. That said, I did thoroughly enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

I'm kind of worried/excited about paladin raid healing, depending on how they choose to do it. The underwater zones sound cool however.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

15+ Year Old Account

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mage (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Winter's Chill
    Yeah, we probably need to make Winter's Chill apply the entire stack at once like Improved Scorch and Improved Shadow Bolt. (Source)

Deleted

Casey Shreiner is a GOOOOOOD!

And as such, I probably slaughtered the spelling of his name.

I hope the wont give out free underwater mounts for vashj'ir, cozz i want to keep my turtle rare since i farmed it for a long time