cleansing totem idea for cata

so i for one dont like how cleansing totem is being removed from the game, so i thought of an idea that could help save it.
    blizzard said they want dispells to be a choice and not just a spam and its gone, so why not remake the cleansing totem instead of removing it. we could make it either a resto talent, or it can stay as it is but have talents in resto that enhance its ability. it would cost as much as a dispell in cataclysm with a cooldown, but when you drop it it cleanses in the same way as fire nova totem used to work. so for pvp the enemy has a second to attack it but if not it explodes like a fire nova and cleanses those those who are in its range. then it dissappears until its off cooldown then use it again.
    what do you think?

Re: cleansing totem idea for cata

For PvP: I don't think the removal will make any difference, now that DK diseases are undispellable via unholy blight and mut rogues poisons being almost impossible to remove if he's sitting on you...

For PvE: Removal sucks, but it did make shaman much more preferred in places like AN where poisons were a nightmare. Best hope they make poisons/diseases a less of a burden in the future!

A single use aoe cleansing totem wouldn't be much use, disease and poisons would be back up immediately.. eh, they're also removing our poison and disease dispels, I wouldn't give any more hope for cleansing totem. (R.I.P)

Re: cleansing totem idea for cata

Yea, it was fun while we had it, now it's going to be gone.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Blizzard has shown they know what to do with a game and how to balance new design and such. So all in all, wait till Cata comes out and enjoy the crap out of it.