thought i screwed up....but then again....maybe i didnt.

So i finally got my FrostE badge cloak last night. i see alot of fellow resto druids with [Drape of the Violet Tower] (has 30 MP5) ......as i went for [Volde's cloak of the night sky](+60 spirit).

i was always taught that MP5 is a very important stat for resto druids. but what i have been reading lately is that resto druids get more of a benefit from spirit than from MP5.

did i totally screw up and get the wrong cloak. or did i actually do it right and get the correct one to get more of a benefit and an upgrade?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...og&cn=psyclonn

if i did screw up, ill have to save up another 50 Frosty's. lol!!!

oh well, its all for the love of the game.

psyclonn

Deleted

Re: thought i screwed up....but then again....maybe i didnt.

The cloak from badges is actually pretty dirt , crit just isn't a nice stat. MP5 is not as important as spirit is , we get a lot more from spirit then mp4 so don't worry about that but the cloak is still not great :P

That cloak is fine, however if you are not at the 1 second GCD with your current haste then there are certainly better options. If you can still get to 735 haste with 3/3 in CF and you raid 25 mans with all the haste buffs then you have no problem

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by tibben
    That cloak is fine, however if you are not at the 1 second GCD with your current haste then there are certainly better options. If you can still get to 735 haste with 3/3 in CF and you raid 25 mans with all the haste buffs then you have no problem
    If you do this get the saurfang cloak instead it's much better :P

ya my haste is currently 745. so im over the soft haste cap. and i was just thinking. how much would it drop down if i did respec "out" of CF. and into something else, would it be super hard to get back to where i am now, cuz if it drops alot, im sure i will be able to tell a huge difference from what i have now. my goal is to reach the "800 something" no crap Cap. im sure once my guild clears more of icc ill have chances to get better gear to alleviate that. with a wow heroes GS of 2951. and an in game GS of like 5588 almost 5600, im sure i will still be able to do more than enough in our guilds 2 simultaneous 10 mans. has anyone done that...? had CF ,got high enough haste, then pulled out of it into something else? if so what did you put those extra points into? i was thinking along the lines of Revitalize to be a little more of a whole raid utility. any opinions?

in terms of pure mana regen MP5 is more powerful, however when you step back and look at it from a broad perspective spirit is more appealing. You get slightly less mana regen, but gain a small amount of spellpower to compensate. The added SP is the kicker, since in most cases mana regen in ICC gear is pretty huge to begin with. So dropping a little is perfectly acceptable and preferable.

But as others have said, the cape isn't all that great for resto druids. there are definitely much better options out there (ICC10/25, TOC25, PVP, Ony25) all have capes that are superior to the frost badge cape IMO. Though by looking at your progressions, the ICC capes may be out of reach for you at this time. The PvP cape is very simple to get, just do WG a few times a week and turn in your stone keeper shards and you should have it in no time.

As far as your gems go: don't ever ever ever ever gem for straight MP5/spirit. In you have a blue socket with a appealing socket bonus (SP or haste only) then use a purified dreadstone. Otherwise put a runed cardinal ruby in that slot. SP> any other stat, always. Other than the blue gems in your chest, weapon, and feet, everything else looks fine.

Quote Originally Posted by OP
    oops
    use this spec:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...oeKBooz,,11723
    has 2 points left over to decide between tranquil spirit or natural perfection.

If you get 856 haste (check this because I'm not sure if that's exact) you can spec completely out of CF and go to an 11/0/60 spec. I would go with something like this:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0VG0zZZf0fuduxiuAGsVo

Because I am usually a portal healer for VDW and the extra crit from Natural Perfection can make a difference. If you spend all your time raid healing and you don't need the crit then the previous suggestion would be fine as well.

many above already said it: with T10 crit drops a lot in value, so you'd want a haste cloak (greatcloak from saurfang 25 is good)

but indeed, between the 2 from EoF badges you should want the spirit one.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by tibben
    If you get 856 haste (check this because I'm not sure if that's exact) you can spec completely out of CF and go to an 11/0/60 spec. I would go with something like this:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0VG0zZZf0fuduxiuAGsVo

Because I am usually a portal healer for VDW and the extra crit from Natural Perfection can make a difference. If you spend all your time raid healing and you don't need the crit then the previous suggestion would be fine as well.
    You can check mine out in the armory it's pretty similar with just a few changes in the resto tree , both viable once you have enough haste to spec out of CF , it's really just preference.

If you want your badges back you can always simply make a ticket.

The temporary sell-back option is a quick fix to misslooting, but they did not remove ticketing.
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

Deleted

but if you've gem'd and enchanted it and have used it for a few days they wont let you.

ok cool. so im pretty much sold on the one i got. final disposition is that i didnt make that bad of a decision

as with my spec, i havent had a chance to look at it. since im currently at work. but ill definatly check it out.

thanks for all your help guys. very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    You get slightly less mana regen, but gain a small amount of spellpower to compensate. The added SP is the kicker, since in most cases mana regen in ICC gear is pretty huge to begin with.
    Yeah, I was fine with losing mana regen but seeing some drops in SP definitely made me shift thinking on some pieces. Luckily I get alot of DE save items to play with.

I would always say go for the spirit item over the mp5 item and if you run the 25s, you can nice options.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted

Em... why would you get more regen from mp5 ? It doesn't stack with 10stats on chest nor does it stack with kings or any other buffs whereas spirit does ??? I'm confused >

Quote Originally Posted by Poldara
    Em... why would you get more regen from mp5 ? It doesn't stack with 10stats on chest nor does it stack with kings or any other buffs whereas spirit does ??? I'm confused >
    From Elitist Jerks:

The mana regeneration formula on level 80 is: ManaRegen(SPI, INT) = (0.001+SPI*0.003345*(INT^0.5))*5

Spirit
    1 spirit provides the following (assuming Living Spirit, Intensity, Kings and Improved Mark of the Wild):

* Assuming 1400 intellect and 1400 spirit, 1 spirit increases your main mana regeneration with 0.807 mp5 out of the five second rule or 0.404 mp5 in the five second rule.
    * If you have improved Tree of Life, 1 spirit also increases your spellpower with 0.194.

Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t88836-r...#ixzz0lxXfmhvN

This means at 1400 int and 1400 spirit with the right spec and full raid buffs and you had 30 mp5 on one item you would need over 74 spirit on an equivalent item to reach the same level of Mp5 while casting.

So you would actually gain more Mp5 from: http://www.wowhead.com/item=50610 than you would from: http://www.wowhead.com/item=50636. It's not a lot more, but it is certainly more. The second ring would, however, give a little more spell power.

This is assuming you stay in the Five Second Rule for the majority of the fight. Most fights in ICC require more than one spell cast every 5 seconds so...

Quote Originally Posted by Poldara
    in terms of raw mana regen, yes it provides slightly more regen. this is because spirit regen was nerfed at some point in wrath because it was too high. dont remember the date or patch where it happened, but it is true (maybe the patch TOC was released in?). An item with similar item levels and stat allowances but substituting spirit for mp5, mp5 will give you slightly more regen on your character sheet.

and when i say slightly, I am talking on the order of splitting hairs (1-2 MP5 at most). and yes, you are correct, when adding in stat multiplying buffs spirit will pull equal or somewhat ahead on MP5.