Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Relentless Tanking Gear?

You will have no problem tanking in pvp gear. The stats you miss, esp. hit, you can get by switching trinkets, and you might consider to socket one or two expertise gems. Threat comes mainly from your fap on your weapon, so if you have relentless weapons you should have no problem at all.

Of course you should not use the pvp rings or cloaks, they only offer ap and sta. But you can get those easily from emblems after your first heroics.

I would not even think about switching the 251 relentless with 232 emblem items, go for accessoires and 245 non sets first.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortano
    Don't listen to the guys in this thread who think bears have ANY aggro problems in ICC; you don't.
    I do.
    That being said, i gave up stacking stam, and gemmed ArP, well basicly just threw cat gear on and a few stam trinkets.
    No issues now, no issues with damage in.
    http://tcgloot.freeforums.org/
    TCG Trading forum, seeing as blizzard took our old one away...

Sorry, I thought I was a little more specific than I was. Essentially I'm looking to do older raid content and tank ICC trash mobs. I don't intend on running in and trying to tank any of the bosses in ICC.

As for raids scrutinizing healers/dps less: I was kicked multiple times this week from first an Ulduar 10, then ToC 10, and finally Naxx 25 for having full PvP gear as Resto. Admittedly I am wearing 2 piece Moonkin/3 Piece Resto but I have my 1800 weapon and well over 3k spellpower.

Kel'Thuzad isn't a very forgiving server. They are pretty convinced that PvP is easy mode and PvE is where it's hard.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzero
    Sorry, I thought I was a little more specific than I was. Essentially I'm looking to do older raid content and tank ICC trash mobs. I don't intend on running in and trying to tank any of the bosses in ICC.

As for raids scrutinizing healers/dps less: I was kicked multiple times this week from first an Ulduar 10, then ToC 10, and finally Naxx 25 for having full PvP gear as Resto. Admittedly I am wearing 2 piece Moonkin/3 Piece Resto but I have my 1800 weapon and well over 3k spellpower.

Kel'Thuzad isn't a very forgiving server. They are pretty convinced that PvP is easy mode and PvE is where it's hard.
    US Alliance? That's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    US Alliance? That's amazing.
    US Horde.

I was kicked multiple times this week from first an Ulduar 10, then ToC 10, and finally Naxx 25 for having full PvP gear as Resto
    PvE resto gear is actually better than PvP gear when it comes to PvE healing.

PvE feral gear is essentially rogue-wear. Picking up stamina, agility, and armor (from item level) at the expense of hit, crit, and haste is a great trade. The sad fact is that PvE wear is NOT well itemized for bears.

Think about it this way: would a warrior be better off tanking in full PvP gear or in full DPS gear? If tank gear didn't exist, which would they use? That is basically the trade-off that feral druids make.

DONT listen to any of the f****** that says pvp gear cant get you far. sure, you will still need a bit of hit and expertize from other gear, but pvp gear got amazing stam, and just as much agi that pve gear got. pve gear for druids got what? haste and arp which arent much better than resilience...
    If you can, get the wep. You cant get better in icc10(even the one LK drops), and the ones that drop in 25 prob dont even get close to the amazing stam from the pvp wep(tho i cant say for sure as my guild still lack people for 25man so i havent checked what drops far inside).

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...trom&cn=Moujuu
    my druid which i have 11/12 icc 10 with, and yes, thats all i use as tanking gear, even the neck(dinged on the druid 2-3 weeks ago).
    have killed Lk on my war(this wednesday ) so obviusly my guildies trusted me and i have never even heard them comment my gear(oh, and we are the only guild on the server that only do 10man and have killed Lk on both faction sides!)
    people often ask about my avoidance(in pugs), and before i tell them i tell them of the savage defense ability(our ''block'') and how it works. and pvp gear works great with this ability due to all the crit and ap it provides.

pvp gear are a great way for(bears) to start gearing up with. wrathful pieces are better for tanking than toc gear and you cant get better from triumph emblems and below(tho you still need hit and expertize, but hey, we get 10 expertize from talents and hit are easy to come by).

Quote Originally Posted by XilasX
    pve gear for druids got what? haste and arp which arent much better than resilience...
    Haste and ArP help w/ a little thing called "threat." In my book that's a whole lot better.

The point isn't that pvp gear is bad for tanking, but that for the most part it isn't optimal - especially in excess. The weapon slot is the one item that holds up well against its pve counterparts, offering the best EH itemization in the game.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    Haste and ArP help w/ a little thing called "threat." In my book that's a whole lot better.

The point isn't that pvp gear is bad for tanking, but that for the most part it isn't optimal - especially in excess. The weapon slot is the one item that holds up well against its pve counterparts, offering the best EH itemization in the game.
    you need to intentionally stack them for it to have any noticable effect. 3 parts with haste and 2 with arp wouldnt help, and a bears threat comes from different abilities, whereas only auto attack benefit from both. bleeds dont benefit from arp, all our physical attacks except auto attack dont benefit from haste and faerie fire from neither

That being said, i gave up stacking stam, and gemmed ArP, well basicly just threw cat gear on and a few stam trinkets.
    I don't think gemming ArP is ever better for a bear compared to using agility.

Agility is avoidance, armor, crits. Crits benefit savage defense, rage generation, DPS/threat, healing with iLotP. Avoidance benefits rage generation. Agility scales with our stat boosters and BoK. Agility is a great threat stat and a great avoidance stat, with a minor effective health boost. Agility scales extremely well for bears (as does stamina.)

ArP doesn't scale well, since you won't get close to the caps.

but back to the main topic... ignoring the PvP weapons, which are arguably best in slot, take a look at the other gear.

For example: how many PvE boots are better than

Wrathful Gladiator Boots of Triumph (requires 1400 rating)
    E264 457 Armor, +137 Stam, +112 Agi, +122 AP, +72 Crit, +80 Res, B (+4 Res)

or even all the gloves better than:

Relentless Gladiator's Dragonhide Gloves
    E251 398 Armor, +122 Stam, +99 Agi, +108 AP, +63 Crit, +71 Res, B (+4 Crit)

you need to be doing 25man heroic ToGC OR Icecrown to get anything better... you aren't going to get an upgrade with Badges of Triumph, or PuG'ing a 10-man ToC / Onyxia.

If you can grind the 1800 out the lower tier wrathful staff is far far and away the best thing you can get.(arguably better than all ICC options)

Wrist/belt/boots are solid choices for pure agi/stam/armor(item level), rings/cloak/neck are badly itemised.

t10 legs from vault or daily/weekly frost badges are great, t9 hand and helm also help you pick up valuable hit/exp for starting tanking.

Looking at these slots if you want to purchase pvp gear to start tanking with go with chest/shoulder slot as the other easily accessable options are better in the other slots.