Thread: Valithria10hc

Valithria10hc

I had a lot of fun on this fight yesterday. I was healing outside, and after a few attempts I went for a radical build for this fight: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bVcbhZfLtcczqVu0euAo
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ear&cn=Nyneave

Swapping abacus for my good ole spark of hope. Even like this, and playing 'tbc style' as much as possible (nuke Gheal with stopcasting/fsrwhoring) as much as possible, mana was horribly variable. Some attempts were fine and other attempts sucked. This probably comes down to how many frostbolt volleys were interrupted (and maybe how good the dps were at dodging various explosions and stuff).

The thing is, our best attempts had us reaching the soft enrage (is this just where like 4-5 aboms pour out and rape everything?) when she was at like 91%.

We had a tree and a holy pala in the portals. Normally i'm super confident in our healing line up, and the druid is pretty good, but the holy pala really lacks in this fight. Part of the problem however, was that the dot really started to hurt her and she had to stop to heal herself.
    I was wondering if we should try with 4 healers, and/or whether SS on herself + FoL for the hot would be enough to keep her alive more or less (the dot starts hurting a lot, but your healing is also incredibly buffed, so that HoT would probably be pretty beefy, no?

Re: Valithria10hc

As I don't know anything about priest all I say is cool name

The holy paladin should not be having issues on this fight, as she's healing herself the entire time.
    What a holy pally is supposed to do for this fight to maximize output is to Beacon valithria, then spam HL on themselves while standing next to her So Valithria get's the HL and the splash from it.
    This should be able to keep her up.

Well i dont know if maybe youre using a hunter pet near the boss and the paladin is healing that. But if the paladins attention isnt required for the raid (since my mainspec is tank I've only healed valithria on normal mode), the paladin should be beaconing valithria and standing close and spamming holy light on herself. This works great for 2 reasons, the dot from the buff obviously becomes a non issue, and this is the important one you use your holy light glyph to its maximum potential. Because if you do this the holy light glyph heal also hits valithria, the higher your stacks get the better the glyph gets. The glyph heal is based on your holy light, which is increased by the stacks so the glyph heal gets higher. But the glyph heal itself gets increased by the stacks again, so it double dips in the healing increase of the buff. This leads to the glyph heal becomming a very nice extra heal as the stacks get higher and it can make a serious difference to the paladins healing output on valthria.

As i said i only healed this on normal so i cant be sure if this is viable on heroic, maybe she really needs to heal the raid. But what i normally do is beacon valithria and ss the tank (me and another paly go in the portal and she allready got her ss on valithria), refresh the beacon as your running to a portal so that you can start healing quickly after comming out. Then just stand close to the boss and spam holy light like mad on myself, cleanse the abomonation spray debuff from the tank asap and touch up the raid with holy shock if needed and if things get a bit out of hand i switch to healing the raid ofc.

The rest of your questions i cant say a lot about but i thought id see if i could help with the paladin

The main problem is that the dot hurts while inside the nightmare. She has to stop getting stacks and heal herself every few seconds while inside.

Hm ss herself, holy shock on cd, on holy shock crit an instant fol which also gives a hot. Maybe put of a fol hot a second before the portal spawns? Shouldnt all of that be enough to not have to stop inside the portal? Or ask the druid to put a rejuv on her just before the portal

If your having problems this fight it's on your holy pally. We 2 shot it our first time doing 10 man in an organized pug. Make sure the holy pally has Crusader Aura up. I really never see our holy pally drop down below 50 percent. We even brought a different holy pally this week that was having max healing problems, and we still got her down without any problems. GS the boss in the beginning of the fight and after the last portal. Pop AM and Div Sac when shit starts to hurt. IDK, never really had problems on that boss.

The pala should beacon herself there and use holy shock and sacred shield while inside. Also healers inside should stack for easyer pickup of orbs and to make sure you don't run out of orbs.

Beacon doesn't have much better use in that fight and it allows you to just spam.

4 healers won't help you

1. Your paladin should beacon the boss and use crusader aura to 'swim' faster

2. Have your resto druid rolling hots on themself and then paladin whilst downstaits, this should negate the damage being taken but the portal debuffs. Also use holy shock and sacred shield while inside. If the healers stack they can share orb pops and also they will always be in range of each other for the HoT rolling.

3. Get a pally tank/dps where possible to cleanse the gut spray off the tanks and if possible always avoid getting it on the raid. Using too many GCD's to dispel it will mean you fall behind on healing.

4. In terms of your mana healing up top. Call for an early innervate if you will have mana issues! We also made a bit of competition between each side of the raid as to who would let out the least frostbolt vollies. The frostbolts don't drain that much mana... it's those damned black portals that rape you so don't forget about dodging them quickly!

5. I've done it upstairs as both disc and holy now. Both had their merits but the 40% bonus healing on Guardian spirit is massive for when you pop hero and your other two healers go to town!

6. Rotworms.. are the killer in heroic imo. Just have your tank on either side call out over vent when they are up so dps know to go to town on them and you know your healing requirements are about to spike.
    Cemetary - Holy/Disc Priest | Quiteconfuzd - Arcane/Fire Mage | Torden - Feral Druid

or just go disc and /afk
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1...p10records.png
    Signature too large, resize please.

Quote Originally Posted by Calendra12345
    or just go disc and /afk
    lol.. i found healing this to be one of the toughest encounters so far perhaps because I haven't had replenishment both times I did it and was focusing a lot on mana management as a pose to just blanketing over heals.
    Cemetary - Holy/Disc Priest | Quiteconfuzd - Arcane/Fire Mage | Torden - Feral Druid

We have done this encounter with a resto shaman and a holy paladin going inside the portals once and me as a holy priest staying outside to raid heal, the next time i was going inside with a holy paladin and a resto druid staying outside. I was using a pretty much classis holy build, i was building serendepity up to 3 stacks with binding heal since it heals more than flash heal and after 3 stacks using greater heal. Should be no problem to pull that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary.
    lol.. i found healing this to be one of the toughest encounters so far perhaps because I haven't had replenishment both times I did it and was focusing a lot on mana management as a pose to just blanketing over heals.
    I had a hard time doing it aswell in the beginning, but when you go disc it is like 3 times easier. Just keep abolish running on the tank that is tanking the abomination, always have weakened soul on both of them, throw penances and spam flash heal on worms, always keep prayer of mending up, especially when a blazing spawned, and if you have nothing to do throw a renew or something similair on the tanks, PI a paladin when he comes out/shield the healers when they get out of the portals and get into the portals.

It is alot easier as disc, its not to easy though, probably alot harder then any fight your gonna heal up to LK heroic, that one is a bitch, and I didnt even get a decent try to the face raper phase.

PS make sure you can just camp in the middle and dont have to move at any time - the tanks should be in your range, if they are not make them Paladin tanks are awesome aswell, as they can remove the disease instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lleonn
    We have done this encounter with a resto shaman and a holy paladin going inside the portals once and me as a holy priest staying outside to raid heal, the next time i was going inside with a holy paladin and a resto druid staying outside. I was using a pretty much classis holy build, i was building serendepity up to 3 stacks with binding heal since it heals more than flash heal and after 3 stacks using greater heal. Should be no problem to pull that.
    Yep, just use your sol proccs > have renew up > serendipity = 3 you cast gheal, still you will never even get close to a good paladin or resto shaman as a even flawless holy priest, unless you whore the clouds which is a BAD thing!

about the dps:

Yes, its doable with 4 dps but i dont advise it. frostbolts volley should ALL be interrupted (every archmage should only be able to cast 1 volley before he dies - and this one gets interrupted by 1 single person). Also the 4 Archmages at the pull shouldnt be able to volley once.

Make melee run away from blistering zombie - their explosion has a huge range but everytime you manage to get out without getting hit is a grace for the healers mana.

I'm a melee and I can help keeping supressors down.

Don't have melees run around. assign melees to a dedicated side.

If you have a hunter:
    A Abomination spawns on the right side. Right side tank picks it up, you kill it. Now the hunter puts up MD on the left side tank and volleys on the worms. No the dps can pick out the worms while they are heading to the left side tank.

Keep the Lay Waste cast to a minimum as they dmg Valithria.

Our longest attempt was 6:30, but there the healers screwed up - she should have been healed by then.
    Our successful attempt lasted 5:30.

Its possible to last 6:30min but healers are likely to get some aggro there from all the spawning adds. 5:30 and less is the mark to aim for.
    "Sir, we are surrounded, Sir"
    "Excellent, we can attack in every direction"

You could have your holy pally ask the druid to throw a Rejuv on him/her while inside the portal just to keep his health up while moving and then of course spamming glyphed holy light while outside the portal and standing next to Dreamwalker will keep him up the rest of the time. I don't know if they are sharing orbs or just taking half the room while in the portal, but if they are sharing then there should be no issue putting one Rejuv up after the druid gets his first orb to keep the stacks rolling.

Also when I portal heal on my druid I always put an Innervate on the outside healer as soon as I drop out of the first portal to help with mana in case someone missed an interrupt on the Mages. The main thing is that your Holy Pally is concentrating solely on healing Dreamwalker. If the second portal healer has to throw out a couple of raid heals or an innervate it isn't too big of a deal. Someone mentioned the hunter pet strategy and if you don't have a hunter you can use the warlock strategy as well.