Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

How do i gain respect in a guild? (for gm's, officers, guild veterans)

Besides showing up to raids ontime and doing my best how can i gain respect in my guild? What makes you respect a guildie?

Re: How do i gain respect in a guild? (for gm's, officers, guild veterans)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnx014
    Besides showing up to raids ontime and doing my best how can i gain respect in my guild? What makes you respect a guildie?
    Help out the bank with quality stuff/gold.

Deleted

Mostly doing that little extra thing, calling out strats mid-fight, warning people their standing in goo (the last part might work contraproductive)
    Give plenty of flasks away, try to sound mature on vent and joke around with people on gchat

10+ Year Old Account

lead 10 mans, supply fish feasts, explain tactics, perform well, perfect attendance.

10+ Year Old Account

Be quality, be interesting and donate.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

If you are knowledgeable on your class / other classes, show the incentive to better the members that are lacking so that the guild becomes better.

In my guild, those that show the initiative to do anything to make us better receive far more than just raid spots. They are given a voice into the guild decisions and everyone shows their respect to them.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Wildhammer&cn=Nibelung

Go fish in wintergrasp for a couple of hours, then dump all the fish feast matts you fished up into the gbank, instant brownie points right tharr. Long term though, you want to continually min-max and contribute to the guild outside of raiding. Dont just be the guy that logs on 10 minutes before invites go out, who logs out 5 minutes after the raids called.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode
    Mostly doing that little extra thing, calling out strats mid-fight, warning people their standing in goo (the last part might work contraproductive)
    Give plenty of flasks away, try to sound mature on vent and joke around with people on gchat
    Most guilds I've seen, any of that is frowned upon unfortunately. Sometimes it is needed but typically in most decent raid guilds, policy is stfu or gtfo when it comes to vent unless youre a leader already. But then again most guilds anymore are run by one person and their buddies and most of the time, none of them are the best players there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Well guild members gain my respect by being good. Bad players who stand in fire receive my scorn and contempt. *Cough* Sindragosa bombs *Cough*

Basically playing well, playing their class well, open to advice from other players but confident enough in their choices to offer more then "EJ's told me to do it" reply to questions/advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnx014

to gain respect...best thing to do is not act like you're retarded. know strats. know ur class. don't be retarded. stfu and do ur job.

edit: also do lots of dps while not being retarded

Best thing you can do is to be helpful outside of raiding. Be aware in raid, come prepared to raid, and keeping good attendance is a nice chunk of the fight but the best thing is to be active and helpful outside of raid. Run instances, do random achievements, and just talk to the people in your guild. Best thing to earn respect outside of raids is to show you have a personality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

You need to be better than everyone else at your class.
    Basically you can't be a carry.

STUDY TACTICS before the boss so you're not the reason the raid fails.
    And yes, all of the above.

Create a good atmosphere in the guild, joke around, fool with the others, perhaps also creating some fun events for the guild. Maybe something like a Gurubashi arena tournament with prizes.

Also help other guildies with alts and/or gearing

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account

Link funny Youtube videos when appropriate, pass on loot and sound friendly on vent (this last one is a problem for me).
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Good numbers (dps,hps)
    Good attendance
    Good attitude
    Prepared. Bring mats and gems for that new gear
    Flasks and fish..
    Don't be a little bitch drama queen
    Help out with less then trivial shit like helpin a guildie with some raid u don't really need.
    Don't troll /2 or gchat..this rule depends on the guild.

Come prepared to fail but expect to win.

Be nice, at least that always worked up in the guilds I joined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

you could provide with more insight, are you a new player or have you been in the guild longe but dont feel respected.
    Do you mean social respect meaning everyone likes you or *professional* respect meaning you are important in raids and everyone has to take your opinions seriously ?

If you mean a social aspect, just be nice ... (not in a creepy way) and help out
    If you mean in a professional way, just be good. You can even be an ass, but then you have to be "Dr. House" like good ....
    If you are not good, watch *pretender* and learn ... lol

I usually just try to act active, Do daily heroic with different people each day, help out on raids eventhough you dont feel like it, stand outside the raid instance 30 min before raid invites to show that your ready right from the start, kick yourself in the ass and make sure you had flask buffs before you get asked to pop one, be quick on rebuffing, be quick on your marks (be ready to taunt adds off people IE LK fight with the stupid ghouls(im holydin but i can move to the OT)) stuff like that.... and for the love of god BE YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've had quite a few people try to lie their way into being someone they're not. and if you get caught by that everything you fought to build vanishes immediatly.

(insert random . and ,'s to support arguments)

By spending your gold and frost badges on primordial saronite and giving it all to me...well...that would earn something from me. :P

Honestly, I don't think this is an easy question to answer in just a few lines...first...why do you want to be respected? Do you want to be more than simply a member or raider? Is it because you want to feel special in some way, or do you want to feel like your better than other people? Or is it because you want some authority and feel that this is a way to get it? Ask your self why you want these things first, and be honest. Once you know why, think of how other people go would about getting your respect and praise. Then try and do those things.

*Edit* Typing while slightly tipsy is not always the best of ideas.

Show up in time for the raids
    Be prepared always
    Do NOT fail
    Do high dps (there's nothing I hate more than being in ilvl 264 gear and do 4-5k dps...)
    Don't be an idiot