What would World Of Warcraft (2) mean for you?

What would it mean for you if blizzard decided that Catalysm was it's last expansion for World Of Warcraft.

Just imagine this scenario.

Catalysm has been live for 18 months with half a dozen content patches, changes etc.

Blizzard still has not announced any plans for new expansion, MMO-Champion is unable to find any evidence of an expansion.

After 24 months Blizzard finally releases information about how they're in the process of creating World Of Warcraft 2 and that Catalysm is the last expansion for World Of Warcraft.

Everything in the old WoW and it's expansions will not carry on to WoW2. Everyone will be starting fresh from level 1 again with no gold.

Old WoW would still be kept running, but all the under-populated servers would get disabled and forced free transfers of all characters to other realms would start happening

What would you be thinking and what do you think you would do? Would it make you want to quit WoW, or would you keep on playing Catalysm for years to come? Would you be happy about this or would this make you feel like WoW as a whole is over and the good times are gone?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: What would World Of Warcraft (2) mean for you?

Blizzard would not create a WoW 2, they have seen the results when Everquest II and Asheron's Call 2 came out. The player bases didn't flock over, EQII didn't die off with AC2 because of SOE's Station Pass allows SWG and EQ players to create an account without the extra charge.

I would hate it, because I wouldn't want to start over.

Would seem like a waste of resources to make a WoW 2 and not carry over people's characters. Sure, WoW is extremely popular but a lot of people really wouldn't want to all over for what would potentially be the same game with an updated engine and a few minor perks.

It would be a bad move on their part, if WoW was dying, yes, I could see them doing this but it's no where near that.

15+ Year Old Account

I could understand new characters.. what's the point of a new game if you start at max level?

However I would expect things that people have payed for to carry over like Pets and mounts.

WoW II would be epic in my opinion. They could do all the things right that they can't do now cause of technical limitations.. If I remember right WoW runs on the Warcraft III Engine >.>

I'd play WoW 2, but I'd prefer it if some things carried over, maybe certain mounts and pets, e.g. maybe you can convert certain things from WoW 1 into tokens which can be traded in at a vendor on WoW 2, such as rare mounts.

Mounts, and titles, and my achievements. Personally, I would quit the genre all together or go to a completely different game.

Salkor - Blood Elf Mage (US Illidan)
    Bottom - Tauren Druid (US Altar of Storms)

Hunters; The special children amongst retards.

I would quit the game. And open my door, and yell down: ''I AM SOCIAL NOW, MOM!''

Honestly, I would quit, and most likely start with another game :P