Feral - 4pcT10 and its gemming

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if any of you, having acquired 4 T10 pieces, have tried gemming Agility, instead of the usually favored armor penetration, and see if the dps does get higher ? Because, correct me if I'm mistaken, arpen does not affect the kitty dots, only agility does. Thank you for your advice =)

Re: Feral - 4pcT10 and its gemming

If you gem agi you will go past the crit cap by a large amount

Arp is by far the best stat to go for. You'll want to pick up as much as u can, since the more you get the better (obviously up to hardcap).

Nothing, 23k shreds is where its at

Even while gemming arp, you'll end up with loooooads of AP anyways, so no worries about your rips/rakes.

Deleted

With only agi gems you will reach crit cap (74,9% I belive) and with raid buffs it's kinda wasted. And, with your crit chance around cap, you will crit more ---> more CPs ---> more FB and your rotation get more hard to maintain.

Not to mention that ArP will give you overall better dps, try run you character through RAWR or SimCraft

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pautate
    Hey guys,
    I was wondering if any of you, having acquired 4 T10 pieces, have tried gemming Agility, instead of the usually favored armor penetration, and see if the dps does get higher ? Because, correct me if I'm mistaken, arpen does not affect the kitty dots, only agility does. Thank you for your advice =)
    You are correct in that it does not affect dots, however, 2 of the 3 main attacks that kitties use ARE affected by ArP. Those two are Melee Auto Attack and Shred. In a perfect fight, you should be doing about 33% Melee Auto Attack, and 22% Shred with the rest of your attack accounting for 19% [Rip] and less. That is about 50% of your attacks being affected by ArP. Other notes, Rake, the innitial application is affected by ArP, but the dots do not. Ferocious Bite IS affected by ArP. Mangle is affected by ArP.

As mentioned, once you get high amounts of gear, you will soon be worrying about crit capping when gemming for Agility.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    reach crit cap (74,9% I belive)
    77.8% (count buffs and idol, not trinkets/proccing enchants) with ret paladin/ele shaman in the raid, but what everyone said is correct

Deleted

77.8% (count buffs and idol, not trinkets/proccing enchants) with ret paladin/ele shaman in the raid, but what everyone said is correct
    thanks

OP; can I have your armory so I could run it through SimCraft? The dps incrase from using ArP instead of agi is fairly big