The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Back to Holy - "Griding" some help!

Hello my dear Holy Palas, as the name of the topic says, I'm back to Holy after some months of heavy Protection tanking all around and I'm looking for some help.

At the moment I'm on Putricide HC, so I have to control who is with the Unbound Plague and who had it already,and has Plague Sickness now, not because I need to know it as a healer but because I want to.That together with Beacon of Light/Agro warnings, leave my GRID frames with no room for anything else.

The question I have to you is, how do you have your GRID configured when you are playing as a holy, to show all the things that you need to keep and eye on? Or do you use more than grid to control all that kind of stuff?Maybe an extra timer for Beacon and so on would help..?

Thank you!

Re: Back to Holy - "Griding" some help!

I use an addon to track SS, Beacon and the SS FoL hot, so my Grid is pretty clean.
    I use agro in the left upper corner.
    Inc heals left down corner.
    Cure/poison/magic stuff in the middle.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Hm ok, can you tell me the name of the addon you use to track SS , Beacon and so on?
    Maybe I like it!
    I use pretty much the same stuff as you on GRID but there are some fights that needs some more "tracking" than usual, and I could you use an extra add on to help me

do the easy thing, put the plague in melee and have it pass between them so fast it doesn't ever tick! :P

he wants to track it so he knows who it goes to so he knows who to heal

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/clcbpt.aspx
    Is what I use, it's very easy to configure

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Thank you a lot to all of you
    I'll try that add on for sure Elessa!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmygøødness
    Hm ok, can you tell me the name of the addon you use to track SS , Beacon and so on? Maybe I like it!
    I use BOLT. Very good, easy, and lightweight addon. You'll find it at curse.com.

I just use grid.
    I have a spot in my UI for ClassTimer but mostly for other toons.

I have a few grid addons that help:

Grid DynamicLayout
    *this automatically organizes grid by Tanks -> Healers -> Ranged -> Melee. It does mean that your your grid screen isn't a neat 5x5 box, but imo it helps tremendously with intuitive prioritization... esp. as a pally. And it's really easy to toggle on/off in case you are assigned a group and need to prioritize your healing that way.

Grid Indicator Corner Icons
    *this is just cool, instead of a box, the corner icon is a tiny icon... try it, you might like it too.

Grid Indicator Corner Text
    *this is incredibly usefull, it puts a tiny number over the box so you can see when it's going to expire. I have bottom-left set for Beacon, and bottom-right set for SS... it't the perfect place for a cd indicator and don't need anything else.

Grid Manabars
    *shows mana\power bars for everyone... kinda usefull

Grid SideIndicators
    *i have bottom-center set for FoL HoT... not that it's that important.

GridStatusHots
    *use it on my druid

GridStatus RaidDebuff
    *essential... will show center icon for raid debuffs... can be customised to show only the ones you want

GridStatus RaidIcons
    *very usefull, esp. if your raid leader runs an addon that marks people with certain debuffs/raid conditions. i have this set to put a raid icon top right

GridStatus Self
    *just lets you put a box around your own grid frame... so you don't lose yourself

*i use the top-right AND top-left indicators for aggro, since that's almost always one of my top priorities

As with all Grid configuration, it takes a bit of time, patience, and testing to get it all working correctly. But once it is, it's invaluable.

Screenshot
    http://yfrog.com/4jwowscrnshot050410211524j