What spec to choose

Hello fellow Shamans. Im Arimond, Im an Elemental shaman and have been playing elemental for a long while and have by late started to feel that its not as fun anymore. As i can see my friends doing really high dps, so can i when i stand still. So i have been thinking alot of maybe changing to Enhacement as we got ZERO in my guild and it seems to be veryu few good enhancement shamans around also. As im doing quite good as elemental (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ood&cn=Arimond) I have been wondering how Enhacement is?

I Lvled as Enhacement and it was really fun, but i wanted to go for the mega crits with lava burst. But i have been a bit bored of the elemental rotation and such. So im just asking the community what spec do you play and why? Would you suggest me go enhacement becuase its alot of fun?

Im really curius about the cata changes to enhancement.

// Arimond

(Sorry for some spellings, im not from an english speaking country)

Re: What spec to choose

Go resto, because resto shamans are win.

IMO Resto Shamans are the most boring healers, both PvE and PvP.

Go Elemental and Enhancement (as dual specs), but Enhancement is the most fun Shaman spec imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89
    IMO Resto Shamans are the most boring healers, both PvE and PvP.

Go Elemental and Enhancement (as dual specs), but Enhancement is the most fun Shaman spec imo.
    I am personally offended.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic
    I am personally offended.
    That makes two of us... Resto shamans are really fun to play

But if you're looking for a fun Melee class to play, Enhancement is really cool too.. just don't get frustrated if you can't nail your rotation right for awhile though.

The problem with Enhance shamans is that they are the bastard child of WoW atm. Now that frost DKs are viable again, they can provide the melee haste buff. DKs have a lot of utility in raids including the ability to reduce incoming damage to themselves (something enhance can't do since they use their one damage reducing ability as a dps tool). Every guild I have seen only has room for at most one enhance shaman and the enhance shaman in my current guild, while a very good player, keeps getting edged out of a raid spot for progression 10 mans and likely our upcoming 25 heroic LK attempts. At least as ele, you are ranged dps which is generally more highly sought after than melee.

While you may have a home in your current guild as enhance, if you ever switched guilds you are going to be in a tough spot. I know the enhance shaman in my prior guild had to change mains after our guild dissolved because he couldn't find any takers for him and he was doing 10k dps with the 5% buff as enhance.

So in summation, go ele main spec with a resto off spec (random Qs will be almost instant). The best part is that a lot of your gear can be used for both specs so it will make gearing your offspec a lot easier.
    I am the co-host of a WoW related podcast at www.warcraftlounge.com. Check it out for tips on making gold, commentary on general WoW news, and entertaining recaps of the stupid shit that has happened to us in game. You can download us at iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners.

Enhance is nothing like it used to be. Well I guess it is the same as it always has been just with three times the amount of spells to cast. Although I also find elemental slightly boring, in a Heroic ICC atmosphere it's not always the best thing to be playing a more complex spec.

For instance when I'm doing Lady Death 2nd phase, I have to watch for 5 stacks of MW, Magma totem, Lightning shield, stormstrike, lava lash, shocks, wind shear interupts, as well as run away from ghosts. It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Personally my shaman is Enhance main spec and Ele offspec. I do Enhance for our 25 man raids and Elemental for 10 mans. Enhance takes a lot more buffs then Ele to do max dps, so I'm able to put out considerably more dmg as elemental in 10 mans. With equal gear the dps is going to be pretty similar. You can pull off more dps as Enhance on the spank and tank fights, but if there's any movement involved you dps is horribly reduced.

It took me a few months to get used to the playstyle of enhance. I did a few weeks of constantly queuing for heroics to etch the priority system into my head. If you don't do this you're going to find yourself staring at your action bars when something big happens and you're going to wipe the raid.

Basically if you wanna try out enhance go ahead, it's definitely more challenging then ele. But don't make the switch immediately, ease yourself into it. Everyone acts like ICC hardmodes are ez pie but if they were we'd all have LK Heroic on farm by now. Playing the easier spec is going to keep you alive longer in the harder fights.

The biggest problem with enhance is you have the smallest HP pool for a melee spec, and your defensive skill is always on cooldown because of our t-10 2 set bonus. Pretty much all of your raid buffs can be brought from different classes that are capable of doing more dps, the single uniquebuff you give to a raid is +23 more str/agil from your totem compared to a Dk's horn of winter. These 3 things can slowly eat away at your soul.

Thanks for the answers Tho i have been doing some research on my server and it seems that over 60% is restro shamans and 30% is elemental. Wich leaves only very few enhacement shamans over and as it seems all guilds are looking for one, but im an officer in a friends guild, so i think i will have my spot

And there might be 1-2 frost dk's around. We just forced one to change to frost after many buts, But i feel that if he does not like it then he should not play it. therfor will consider Enhancement and try it out at some HC and see how it goes, i have only lvled as an enhancement, wich means i will have to collect all gear and such. So i guess i will be reading up on the enhancement stats and prios.

But will the enhancement rotation be alot more fogiving in Cata as it seems now? or will the rotation allways be so f*cking hard? :S

// Arimond