Rugaz of Steamweedle

I filled in the first 3 parts of dawnguardian's Q&A, as I liked this better then just writing a plain bio. I do not have the time at the moment to fill all of it, so I decided to post it like this as I think you get to know my character good enough from these questions. If it's needed I fill in the rest when I have more time (or I could just wright a regular bio).

Please note that, since there is not much known about hobgoblins, I did make some stuff up regarding the name, regarding family (Hobgoblins originated from goblin alchemists experimenting on their own race, but I assumed the hobgoblins who live now are born from other hobgoblins instead of being created by alchemists) and the age of adulthood (WoWwike states that hobgoblins live very short; 3 years = very old, so I guessed they turn into adults pretty fast).

Part 1: The Basics

1. What is your full name?
    I am Rugaz of Steamweedle. Rugaz is my own name, and the second part shows that my master is of the Steamweedle family.

2. Where and when were you born?
    I was born in Bilgewater Port one year and 6 months ago. A week after I was born I was given to goblins on a trade ship. I think the name of the ship was ‘Steamweedle’s Pride’.

3. Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
    Hobgoblins do not know parents. We are given to goblin masters when we are little. My master was captain of the ‘Steamweedle’s Pride’. I believe he was a cousin of Trade Prince Steamweedle, but I am not sure.

4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
    Because we do not know our parents, we do not know our siblings.

5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.
    After I escaped my master, I did not know where to go. So I travel around the world to see if there is a place I like.

6. What is your occupation?
    When I was on the ship I protected my master. I was good at smashing things, so I became his bodyguard.

7. Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.I am a hobgoblin. Other people are tiny. I did see some cow-like people a few weeks after I escaped, they were almost as tall as me. I do not know my weight, but I think I am heavy. I had an accident on the ship once, my feet were hurt. Three other hobgoblins needed to carry me off the boat, and I know hobgoblins are strong. I do not have much clothes, just these leather shorts, a shiny belt and a very pretty woolen cape for when it is cold. I also have a chain around my neck from my time on the ship; only the goblin master has the key so I can not get it off.

8. To which social class do you belong?I am a hobgoblin fighter, I think you people call it 'Warrior'.

9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
    Hobgoblins are very strong, so we mostly do not get sick. One orc told me that hobgoblins do not live very long; when I heard that it made me a sad hobgoblin.

10. Are you right- or left-handed?
    I always use my right hand for when I have a small weapon. The axe I have now is very big, so I use my both hands to swing it.

11. What does your voice sound like?

I think I have a deep voice. Some people say I talk very slow, but I can not help this. Thinking and talking at the same time is hard.

12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?On the slave ship I did not talk very much, but when there was danger I always shouted: ‘You not hurt master. I smash , you gone’. Yea, I was not so smart back then.

13. What do you have in your pockets?
    I always carry axe on back. I also have a few gold coins I got from the orc who told me that hobgoblins live short. It made me feel less sad. There is nothing else in my pocket: I just ate my last bread.

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?Some people I meet say I am stupid. I was very stupid before, but I think it is getting better now. Also, when there is danger, when someone is making me sad or when I see a tiny goblin I get very, very mad. It is better to not be near me when that happens. When none of these things are happening I am very kind to others. I also want to learn more of the world because I do not understand very much right now.

Part 2: Growing Up

15. How would you describe your childhood in general?
    I lived on the trade ship most of the times. Sometimes we would go off the ship for a few days: I believe the names of the towns were Booty Bay, Ratchet and Bilgewater port and some other I can not remember. I As a little hobgoblin you live with other small hobgoblins inside the ship’s belly. A goblin master tried to teach us how to fight and how to protect our masters. That was my childhood, once we learned how to fight we were given to a goblin master. At that time we were much bigger then the masters, but we were only a few months old.

16. What is your earliest memory?
    Hmmm. My memory is not so good, but I think my first memory was the first time we could go to the deck of the ship and see the great sea. It was very nice.

17. How much schooling have you had?
    Goblins only trained us how to fight and protect. Not that we are smart enough to do something else.

18. Did you enjoy school?
    No, the masters were mean to us when we made a mistake and after a day I had a lot of pain from all the training.

19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
    I learned fighting on the ship. But, after my escape I met a very nice orc, I think I have talked about him before. When I told him how I lived on the ship, he did something with magic to make me smarter. Now I am not so stupid anymore as I was on the boat. Just look how much I have talked already with you! If the orc did not ‘bless me’ as he said it, I could not do this.

20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
    When I was still little I wanted to be as big and strong as the adult hobgoblins on the ship. But when I became that I did not like that; the only thing I did was listening to my master and protecting him.

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
    I do not know if I have family, but I liked the other hobgoblins.

22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
    I wanted to be a strong hobgoblin and leave the ship.

23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?
    We trained hard every day and it was no fun. Masters watched us all the time so we could not have fun before or after.

24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?I was strong, I was the strongest of all the children I trained with. Because I was the strongest I had to protect the captain, my master.

25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
    There were not much other children, but one …. I liked very much. We always trained together and we became guard of the same master. He was killed by my own master when he made a big mistake; it made me hate my master.

26. When and with whom was your first kiss?
    I know what a kiss is, but there were no female hobgoblins on the ship. I once saw one in Bilgewater Port; she looked very pretty. I wanted to talk to her but my master said I had to keep on walking.

27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
    I am not sure what a ‘virgin’ is.

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.When my master killed my friend, I started to hate him and I wanted to get off the ship. When we were in Ratchet two months ago, my master went into a house to do some business. I stayed outside with a other hobgoblin guard. I saw a great path leading up and I saw the sun, and all I wanted to do was run away from my master. I punched the other guard in the face and he fell to the ground; then I ran as fast and long as I could. After a day of running I fell to the red ground (I think you call it Durotar) and the nice orc I told you about found me and helped me by making me smarter and giving me some food and money.

Part 3: Past Influences

29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
    When the orc made me smarter then other hobgoblins. I can finally understand things and talk for myself. Also, the escape from the boat is very important because now I am free.

30. Who has had the most influence on you?
    When I was on the ship I did what the master told me, but now I do what I want. The orc told me to see the world and that is what I am doing now.

31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
    If you mean what am I proud of, I am proud I was the strongest hobgoblin on the boat. I am also proud I am now smarter then other hobgoblins.

32. What is your greatest regret?
    I regret protecting my master; he was always very mean but I still defended him.

33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
    Killing people that attacked my master’s ship.

34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
    I think my master is still looking for me; I even heard he rewards people when they bring me back to him.

35. When was the time you were the most frightened?
    When I became the masters personal bodyguard; all the other hobgoblins were proud of me sometimes the little goblins on the ship or businessmen were scared of me.

36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
    A few weeks after my escape I saw three people at a campfire. I wanted to go there and talk to them, but they called me stupid and said I should not be there.

37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
    I would stop my master from killing my friend, because I really liked him and he did not deserve it.

38. What is your best memory?
    After the orc made me smart, I realized I was free and I could do what I want. It made me feel wonderful.

39. What is your worst memory?
    When my friend was killed.

PS: My first try as a role player, hope you like it. I am also not a native English speaker so there might be some grammar and spelling errors. On the other hand, I can just blame those on the character (even though he is a 'smart' hobgoblin does not mean he is smart compared to other races )

Deleted

Re: Rugaz of Steamweedle

Great bio! Your character is great - simple, but complex. I look forward to RPing with you! Additionally, props for picking a mostly unused race. ;D

Cheers, I wanted something else then the standard races. I like the goblin lore and culture, but I wanted something original so I picked a hobgoblin. I'm looking forward to send him to the corners of Azeroth

I actually think that the fact that English is not your first language makes how you wrote Rugaz's story even more charming and real-sounding.

Thanks However, I did add a few errors on purpose. You will never know if a mistake is made by me or by Rugaz 8).