Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Look at this, got suspended for 72 hours

Quote Originally Posted by gargarr
    we'll see later, i hope. i got this post in bookmark, i will post here once i get an answer from them.

anyhow, i used the address i got in my bookmarks, even though the site in the mail was the same, the two tabs in firefox (the one from the mail and the one from the bookmarks were the same).

it's just pisses me off they got such a easy hand on banning and suspending accounts.
    You clicked accept to the Terms of Service. If you actually read it, it states that you are playing their game and that they can do pretty much whatever they want.

Blizzard does not usually randomly ban people, why would they eliminate a customer that is paying them money? Chances are you somehow got keylogged and someone may have used your account as a mule for trading or something of the sort. Good luck getting your issue solved.

I got game time in my account, can't do anything about that,

i thought about a scam, but the address is legit. and i tried to log on onto my account before resetting the password, it was suspended. anyhow, i logged from the normal Battlenet address. this one is not fake.

i will post here once i get reply from Blizzard.
    I recently got a fake email, and it didnt ask me for anything. Just said my account was under investigation
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dubbz
    Unless I'm not following you right, or you're trolling... "Online Trading Activiites" =/= (does not equal) using AH or making JC deals...It means you were trying to trade your account.
    this.

15+ Year Old Account

Jesus christ, only about 4-5 people in this thread seem to have even read the OPs post.

It isn't a damn scam mail, he didn't click shady links in the mails he got.

He seems to have had his account suspended for some error on blizzards side (since his characters have their gear still intact).

Blizzard employees are not almighty gods that never make mistakes, as uncommon as it may sound it can still happen.

this ridiculous this.
    Did anyone else laugh hard as that or was it just me? ;D
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dulci5
    Did anyone else laugh hard as that or was it just me? ;D
    Just you :P

Bash, Bash, Bash, Trash, Trash, Trash, Conclussion. You recieved. <Banned>. Making 4 Threads More Will Make You Unbanned.

-Blizzard.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

You got hacked sorry for your loss
    The true vanilla wow test is whether or not they miss Vanilla. If they do, they didn't play in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Stings
    Bash, Bash, Bash, Trash, Trash, Trash, Conclussion. You recieved. <Banned>. Making 4 Threads More Will Make You Unbanned.

-Blizzard.
    Your trolling is unnapropriate, unnoticed and utterly useless, gtfo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    yes I think its safe to say that brother is mad.

10+ Year Old Account

if i was to believe my emails i would have been banned 16 times

http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=20483

Blizzard has thousands of pages dedicated to answering any stupid question you might have.
    Originally Posted by My account is banned or locked (Blue Tracker)
    If you receive the message that your account is locked or banned when attempting to login, you will need to contact the World of Warcraft Account Administration team at WoWAccountAdmin@blizzard.com to assist with any questions and concerns that you might have. The Billing and Account Services department will be unable to assist you with these matters.
    From a logical point of view it should be easier to google your question (or if you have a brain (which I'm not going to assume) you could look for the faq straight on the Blizzard support site), than posting on this forum. Just surprised people don't want to help themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Naliiz
    Jesus christ, only about 4-5 people in this thread seem to have even read the OPs post.

It isn't a damn scam mail, he didn't click shady links in the mails he got.

He seems to have had his account suspended for some error on blizzards side (since his characters have their gear still intact).

Blizzard employees are not almighty gods that never make mistakes, as uncommon as it may sound it can still happen.
    people responses arent that much wrong as you make it look. His password is reset and he talks about an email.

So we know he got hacked pretty much for sure. it aint that weird to assume is has to do with the email.
    An email like that would lead to the same looking side, will always result in a message that your password isnt correct (ofcourse they logged in the background the password you tried).
    but from his updates we know now he didnt use the links other than his own bookmarks.
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Congratulations, either you recieved spam mail, or you were hacked and then suspended for it!

Why make a topic like this when there are 10,234 other ones similar to it?

"Fate has made us enemies...But this ring will make us brothers." -Gravemind to the Master Chief and the Arbiter, (Halo 2)
    "Were it so easy" -The Arbiter (Halo 2,3)
    "That is the worst grenade throw ever, of all time" -Agent Washington (RedvsBlue, season 6)
    <3 Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia
    Stupid people are.... stupid.

*sigh*

My account wasn't hacked. it's all fine and dandy, i got suspended for 72 hours for whatever blizzard thinks, my stuff is still there, armory is all good, all is well. i will post here once i get reply from blizzard.

This is why i never chat in forums, any forums, 90% of the people don't read, think they are smarter then everyone else, bad mouth others, or just plain dumb.

*sigh*

My account wasn't hacked. it's all fine and dandy, i got suspended for 72 hours for whatever blizzard thinks, my stuff is still there, armory is all good, all is well. i will post here once i get reply from blizzard.

This is why i never chat in forums, any forums, 90% of the people don't read, think they are smarter then everyone else, bad mouth others, or just plain dumb.
    Glad all your stuff is still there, however more people would believe what you are saying if you would have posted the e-mail (disabling the links of course) so that everyone could see it was legit.

There is still a matter of how did you get "hacked." There is really no way for you to get "hacked" in this day and time. You should really be careful what you do on your computer and the sites that you visit. As has been said multiple times in this thread never click on links in e-mails, I do not know for a fact that is how you were compromised but it has to be something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva
    To the people who get emails like this and say "Pfft, this will never fool anyone": Here is proof that scammers succeed in what they do
    hah, very very true. I find it funny how he doesn't even think that the email is fake, and thought it was a real one.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

10+ Year Old Account

I would like it to be noted that an account that blizzard believes is being traded between people will be suspended for 72 hours so that whoever is the original owner, if it was hacked and NOT traded, can get in contact and say it was hacked and they will unlock it(hence the reset password btw).

It was stated, by me, at least 3 times in this thread. Wish people would read EVERYTHING. Not just the same posts over and over.

here is the mail, in all of it's glory, it goes for 5 different languages, posted English only

Greetings,

We are writing to inform you that, unfortunately, we have had to temporarily suspend your World of Warcraft account and place a final warning on it.

Account Name: ****
    Type of Violation: Involvement in online trading activities
    Investigation Concluded: 18/05/2010
    Consequences for Account: Account suspended for 72 hours, Password Reset and Final Warning issued.

It is with regret that we take this type of action, but it is in the best interests of the World of Warcraft community as a whole, and for the integrity of the game. After your suspension has expired, you will be able to access the World of Warcraft servers again.

Please note that should any further violations of our Rules and Policies occur, this will almost certainly lead to the permanent closure of your account.

Online trading refers to the exchange of in-game content for real world money, and includes, but is not limited to, the sale or purchase of gold, the sale or purchase of experience in the form of powerlevelling, and the sale or purchase of honor points, reputation or items.

Account access is the responsibility of the account owner and account sharing is against our Terms of Use (http://www.wow-europe.com/en/legal/termsofuse.html). Therefore, should you believe someone other than yourself (the account owner) has committed this violation of the Terms of Use with your account, these sanctions would still apply, as our action is taken against the account, not the individual.

To protect the account’s security, we have also reset your password and issued you with a computer generated one, which you will receive in a separate e-mail. You will be able to change this password at your leisure, using the Account Management feature on our web site, located at: http://www.wow-europe.com/en/

Your password will be sent from NOREPLY@BATTLE.NET. If you do not receive it after one hour, please add this address to your email address list so that it is not rejected by any spam filter you are using, and reply to wowaccountrevieweu@blizzard.com informing us that you have not received the password.

Please do not disclose your new password to anyone, including Blizzard staff, or change it back to one of your previous passwords as this could result in your account becoming compromised.

As a precautionary measure we have also removed your recurring subscription details from the account; if you wish to continue your subscription you will need contact our billing department, via our webform: http://www.wow-europe.com/support/we...lt.html?lan=en or by phone http://www.wow-europe.com/en/support...ntbilling.html

We strongly suggest you review our current Rules and Policies to avoid further action in the future, they can be found at:
    http://www.wow-europe.com/en/policy/

Regards,

Account Administration Team
    Blizzard Entertainment Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Morako
    I love the smell of keylogger spam mail in the morning.
    Tips on avoiding this:
    Check the email address. & ahave a proper mail account wich deletes all unwanted spam mail as it should be so you never have a chance to open that shiit in the first place
    Remember blizzard never asks for account information...they already have it.
    Go to the offical website yourself and log into your account and see if its banned.
    Don't be retarded?
    Quote Originally Posted by FHNNNG View Post
    Cool next time I'll say LFM ICC25 Need 1 Rape Victim, 4 Rapists, and 3 Therapists.

Hehe thats a lot of rape