[Resto] Gear For Heroic 10 ICC

Hello MMO-Champion !! I have been trying to get into 10 icc HM runs on my server. So far I have had 2 groups tell me I am not geared enough to do so. I donno what they mean by that =[ I feel I have enough gear for at least 10 man heroic probobly 25 heroic as well. 1 of the group leaders said "I don't I think I even have to tell you whats wrong with your gear and spec, because it should be obvious" So here is my armory link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cgos&cn=Zabrix pls give some advice on what to change. Thanks !!
    [img][/img]

Re: [Resto] Gear For Heroic 10 ICC

U got almost everything right except there is few things what i would change:

Head enchant - PvP enchant is just failure in PvE except tanks
    Chest gem - 10 all stats?? haste / mp5 would be better
    Head gem - Sp crit? Change that to sp haste
    Specc - Dont take imp reincarnation. U dont need that. Instead take ancestral healing also u can drop elemental weapons. Its only 45 sp or something so it isnt that much. Take Imp Shields 3/3. I found my self gettin oom in 10man fights and im also using mana regen glyphs but in 25man i dont have any problems.
    Relic - if i remember right that isnt so superiot what u can think. If u need to use alot chain heal then that ulduar relic which gives u boost for ch and if ur using more lhw then pvp relic for that

But these wouldnt change that fact that ur gear is fine to heal icc 10 hc. I have done it with crappier gear than u except LK hc

I suggest taking 3 points out of elemental weapons and two points from improved reincarnation and putting them into improved shields and ancestral healing. If I had to guess I would say it was the lack of ancestral healing that is causing your issues with getting into heroic icc10 - it's considered mandatory.

As for your gear, you could change the Spell Power/Crit gem to Spell Power/Haste and change the nightmare tear (+10 stats) to pure haste. To meet the meta requirement you could put a Haste/Mp5 or Haste/Stam gem in your ring and get that socket bonus too.

Also - you're missing glyph of water shield.

I see some people are handing out some helpful tips. Take that advice, as for those who said you didn't have enough gear for 10M ICCH they're either idiots or have really high standards, I do Hardmodes with the same gear except I only have Sanc gloves.

Take ancestral healing, its awesome where its needed.

Your not getting into hardmodes because your missing 2 Key talents. Your gear is good, though you should change headenchant/gem and replace the +10 stats gem as has been stated.

Not having Glyph of Water Shield and lacking Ancestral Healing makes you look like someone who should not be doing hardmodes, because its just wrong not to have it. also 3/3 imp Shields is a must have, simply because earthshield is your best spell (1 gcd every 30 seconds for ~10% of your healing done).

If you want to keep imp reincarnation or elemental weapons you should (though i would not recommend it) specc out of healing way.

Oh, and for 10 mans i would recommend using glyph of lhw instead of riptide, since you will often be casting lhw and you will often be casting it on a tank (in wich case this glyph becomes extremely powerfull).

This is either bad trolling attempt or raid leaders on your realm are completely unrealistic.

Your gear is definitely up to the challenge of ICC HM modes, 10 or 25. There could be certain tweaks done to your gear, gem or enchant selection but it is far from serious hindrance on your performance.

To name few possible adjustments:
    1. Get rid of one T10 piece, gloves or pants -- possible options are either crafted Leggings of Woven Death or mail gloves from HM
    2. Change those strange gems in your gear to sp/haste or haste/mp5 if socket bonus is worth it, else gem pure haste.

Although your gear is definitely ready for HMs, you initially might get pushed hard to cope with the amount of damage dished out. My experience is that HMs are best suited for guild runs anyway. No matter how good PUGs on your realm are.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillu
    Your not getting into hardmodes because your missing 2 Key talents. Your gear is good, though you should change headenchant/gem and replace the +10 stats gem as has been stated.

Not having Glyph of Water Shield and lacking Ancestral Healing makes you look like someone who should not be doing hardmodes, because its just wrong not to have it. also 3/3 imp Shields is a must have, simply because earthshield is your best spell (1 gcd every 30 seconds for ~10% of your healing done).

If you want to keep imp reincarnation or elemental weapons you should (though i would not recommend it) specc out of healing way.

Oh, and for 10 mans i would recommend using glyph of lhw instead of riptide, since you will often be casting lhw and you will often be casting it on a tank (in wich case this glyph becomes extremely powerfull).
    Glyph of Water shield is much more convenience than performance glyph. Number of persistent raid wide damage auras that trigger Water shield is rather limited. It is cheap, there are no other options for the glyph slot but it is not something disqualifying you from doing HMs.
    Suggested spec changes are solid, both Ancestral healing and Imp. Shields should be part of any raiding resto shaman.
    Glyph of LHW is optional pick depending on your healing assignments and preference--some like Riptide, some prefer LHW and lately there is 3rd selection of updated Earthliving weapon.

Deleted

PvE Resto Shamans are so easy to spec and glyph. Your glyphs are Chain Heal, Earth Shield as standard. The last being either LHW or Riptide. Depends on how much you LHW your tanks. Glyph of Water Shield is a must too, I find my shield getting knocked down without me noticing - gives me better uptime of WS and lets me refresh it a bit later if needed.

Spec is http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hZ0xxhZx0euIeoxkrIRt maybe shifting Healing Focus to Elemental Weapons if you're going for those no pushback fights, you can shift 2 points from Tidal Focus into Improved Reincarnation if that really compliments the way you progress. Speccing out of HW is usually a bad idea. You could argue its uselessness on SOME fights if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron01
    Glyph of Water shield is much more convenience than performance glyph. Number of persistent raid wide damage auras that trigger Water shield is rather limited. It is cheap, there are no other options for the glyph slot but it is not something disqualifying you from doing HMs.
    it costs nothing to have and in some cases can cost you say a gcd / minute. not having it is just plain bad, sry.

oh and whats with t10 pants? he isnt wearing them, hes wearing 4 piece with offset legs, wich is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC
    Speccing out of HW is usually a bad idea. You could argue its uselessness on SOME fights if you wish.
    theres a very long discussion on EJ you might consider reading concerning lhw vs hw. extra hw healing (compared to lhw) will almost always be overhealing. if not, you'll at least almost always have 25% overhealing, wich makes the talent obsolete. its still better than 50 spellpower from elemental weapons, because 50 spellpower is just not that much (plus theres more than enough sp on gear, and all good trinkets have spellpower on them too). i actually have it almost only for NS (wich is still worth having it actually). oh and those "omg both pallys got unchained, hw spamm!!!" moments.

Thank you all for the replys! I have made some changes. To my spec I picked up the 3/3 imp sheilds and 3/3 Ancestral Healing. I dropped Imp Reinc. and Elemental Weaps to get the points. For my gear first change, I finally got my sheild off marrowgar 25 . Got the new head enchant. Put 12 sp / 10 haste in helm. 20 haste in chest. and put blue gem of 12 sp / 5mp5 gem for meta bonus in my ring which got me my socket bonus.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cgos&cn=Zabrix

Any more change suggestions?
    [img][/img]

There is no problem in speccing elemental weapons. THere is really no need to spec healing way unless maybe ur a tank healer but who the f makes a shaman a tank healer? They will deff put you on raid healing in which you'll be chain heal spamming and using riptide on CD yes i say, using riptide on CD. Keep earthshield up and don't allow it to fall off. Specced imp shields and earthshield will crit for a crap ton. Use a lesser heal in the OH sh** and dont have time to cast chain heal moment or use ur natures swiftness. Why cast a healing wave when you can cast a chain heal in the same amount of time. Unelss you are soley a tank healer there is no reason to not go elemental weapons and forget about healing way. Haste and sp are your core gems, glyph of earthshield, riptide, chain heal googog.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Replace Glyph of Riptide with Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave and replace your shoulder enchant with Spellpower/Crit.

Other than that you look pretty good tbh.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by matt64730
    There is no problem in speccing elemental weapons. THere is really no need to spec healing way unless maybe ur a tank healer but who the f makes a shaman a tank healer? They will deff put you on raid healing in which you'll be chain heal spamming and using riptide on CD yes i say, using riptide on CD. Keep earthshield up and don't allow it to fall off. Specced imp shields and earthshield will crit for a crap ton. Use a lesser heal in the OH sh** and dont have time to cast chain heal moment or use ur natures swiftness. Why cast a healing wave when you can cast a chain heal in the same amount of time. Unelss you are soley a tank healer there is no reason to not go elemental weapons and forget about healing way. Haste and sp are your core gems, glyph of earthshield, riptide, chain heal googog.
    elemental weapons is such a crap enchant when you are geared for icc HMs, its only 45 sp, where as healing way is 25% extra healing. I must say I dont use it much the spell itself, but on dreamwalker its just amazing. But even then overall I rather have healing way then elemental weapons.

And besides, I am mostly tank healing in icc 25, and chain healing the melee. seeing as most ranged are to spread out, so CH isnt the best way to heal.

Quote from: matt64730 on 27 May 2010, 01:51:44

So there is no use for healing wave? have you done dreamwalker? and there are plenty of other occasions i find use for healing wave. spamming nothing but chain heal and riptide is *not* the ideal thing to do on every fight. Yes healing wave does a lot of overhealing *in most situations* but on princes, healing the tank being hit by empowered shadow bolts, festergut with no blight out, or even LK there are plenty of opportunities to use it.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sher&cn=Gouban

Give me an internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    No, they're the exchange students from China who cut your lock with bolt cutters, steal everything in your locker, then put their own padlock on the locker.

@ zabrix, i would also recommend either belt from frost emblems haste/crit no sp, or the cloth belt off of marrowgar until ruby sanctum comes out.

Give me an internet?

No, they're the exchange students from China who cut your lock with bolt cutters, steal everything in your locker, then put their own padlock on the locker.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouban
    So there is no use for healing wave? have you done dreamwalker? and there are plenty of other occasions i find use for healing wave. spamming nothing but chain heal and riptide is *not* the ideal thing to do on every fight. Yes healing wave does a lot of overhealing *in most situations* but on princes, healing the tank being hit by empowered shadow bolts, festergut with no blight out, or even LK there are plenty of opportunities to use it.
    agree to this and with riptide+2pt10 it's ungodly fast and hits damn hard. but i guess that for some 25m raiders there is only one spell on the bar...

@frester yep, some shaman think we're still in sunwell.

Give me an internet?