Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

DPS @ Saurfang HC

Played with DBS heroic tonight and was not happy with my dps. Felt like I had to hold back to much to not over aggro beasts with a DS and sat there to long waiting for CS/Judge to come off CD.

Is there anything I can do to up dps, like timing on a consecrate or w/e. (10.5-11k @ 20% buff while holding back a little)
    Want to be able to max out what I can to help get him down.

armory - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...light&cn=Awake

Re: DPS @ Saurfang HC

The only thing you can do to artifically inflate your DPS on that fight is to Blow wings during an add phase and prioritize DS. I do this on hard mode for a ~150 dps increase, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're confident that your ranged don't suck ass.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Our ranged are pretty good about snagging adds quick but I feel like Im going to rip them away and add RP to boss and push out marks premature. The only time I try and get a DS out is when typhoon hits and ive got a small gap before they reach me again.

If you avoid consecrate when there are less than 10 sec before beasts, and don't DS when they're spawning, you won't aggro them. I just wait til the ranged has them and they're moving away from melee, then i'll put DS back in rotation, even if they're still in range. As long as the ranged have taken control of them, you shouldn't pull them back to you. Just don't pop DS as they spawn or you'll have big problems getting stuck with them in melee range and adding runic power to the boss.

Don't worry about topping meters on this fight--as a ret pally you can't keep up your normal rotation bc of the beast mechanic, and sacrificing a little DPS for the sake of executing the mechanic correctly is fine. Just pop your CDs as soon as beast are out of range and you can go all out without any worry. If you're putting out 11k holding back, it sounds like you're doing your part. Just be smart about when you pop aoe abilities and CDs and you can probably squeeze out a little more.

is HC supposed to stand for Heroic?

I was under the assumption that the adds had a strong aoe damage reduction...and like a poster before me said shadowfury is often used to let casters get aggro on em.

Unless you have wings up (it penetrated their aoe reduction by %50) you shouldn't change your rotation all to much with good ranged dps.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    I was under the assumption that the adds had a strong aoe damage reduction...and like a poster before me said shadowfury is often used to let casters get aggro on em.

Unless you have wings up (it penetrated their aoe reduction by %50) you shouldn't change your rotation all to much with good ranged dps.
    Actually did not know that, makes it a little easier on my part.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Hm.

How do you guys handle controlling beasts at the start? Suggested shadowfury to some people online and they liked it (lack of locks in group ftw)
    We have just been using typhoon and having dk toss chains and a rogue FoK to get slowing poision on them. Its working pretty good for us but could use improvement.

& Marks on people are driving me crazy, which was our only downfall. Getting to many out, or not enough heals to cover them

It is safe to cast divine storm 1-2 seconds after the adds spawn. Due to the AOE dmg reduction they have it is almost impossible for a paladin to take aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Macki
    Hm.

How do you guys handle controlling beasts at the start? Suggested shadowfury to some people online and they liked it (lack of locks in group ftw)
    We have just been using typhoon and having dk toss chains and a rogue FoK to get slowing poision on them. Its working pretty good for us but could use improvement.

& Marks on people are driving me crazy, which was our only downfall. Getting to many out, or not enough heals to cover them
    Have a lock soulstone you. At 30%, assuming you don't have a mark on yourself, DI the lowest damage melee who is marked. Take your soulstone, rebuff, and continue to DPS as normal. It helps a lot late into the fight when healing all of the marks can become a pain.

As for the adds, we usually just have our Moonkin use Typhoon. Shadowfury isn't necessary, and if add control is a problem then you probably shouldn't be attempting heroic mode yet.

15+ Year Old Account

I average between 14-15K weekly on Saurfang and I don't hold anything back at any point and time during the fight, The damage buff that Icc provides scales better with just about any class other then Ret unless you have a Shadowmourne. I would say being cautious is fine but there is really no reason to hold back so much that it negatively effects your DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I always have to hold back a bit because my DBM usually forgets the cd on beasts. It shows it on the first wave and then *puff* who knows when the next wave is. Quite annoying.

OP: i'd swap that 128int trinket with something else
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shornaal
    ^ ;D

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shornaal
    I always have to hold back a bit because my DBM usually forgets the cd on beasts. It shows it on the first wave and then *puff* who knows when the next wave is. Quite annoying.

Haha my gear changer didn't have my second trinket saved when I switched back from holy

you should never have to hold back or stop your rotation at all. They should be AE stuned and picked up by there respective ranged targets in that stun time. if they arent being so your ranged is just plain fucking up. if your RL gives you flack point them to the bellow message.

=================

Dear raid leader,
    If a melee, including the tank, pulls a blood beast than a ranged fucked up. No "but the tank used thunderclap right than!" or "the ret pally used DS and had con down!" con ticks for less than 100. DS does less than 500 crit, probably substantually less. If a ranged cant use a spell that does more than 600 damage tell them to open their spell book and pull out there maxed ranked frostbolt, shadowbolt, etc. If the ranged trys complaining that a melee "pulled off of them" just kick them from the raid, because they are being bad and making excuses for it, thus proving they arnt going to fix it.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Dear raid leader,
    If a melee, including the tank, pulls a blood beast than a ranged fucked up. No "but the tank used thunderclap right than!" or "the ret pally used DS and had con down!" con ticks for less than 100. DS does less than 500 crit, probably substantually less. If a ranged cant use a spell that does more than 600 damage tell them to open their spell book and pull out there maxed ranked frostbolt, shadowbolt, etc. If the ranged trys complaining that a melee "pulled off of them" just kick them from the raid, because they are being bad and making excuses for it, thus proving they arnt going to fix it.
    ^^ Well atleast unless you don't spam DS procs while AW is up, with AW being the only thing you really need to avoid doing if your ranged dps are not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Karashote
    is HC supposed to stand for Heroic?
    I'm pretty sure it comes from "Hardcore", but it's almost the same anyway.

Deleted

what's also fun is when you got 3 DK's in the raid on 25man, who decide to pop their armies individually 5 seconds before each wave of blood beasts spawn.

it's really stressful on the healers to have a mark out at 85%, then another at 75%, then yet another at 60%. before you know it, you are overwhelmed by marks.

but on topic: you should not hold back when beasts spawn. they have such a DR that any self respecting ranged DPS should be able to kill them.

<Pie Chart> WoL Report for Deathbringer Saurfag 5/25/10

I delay my DS usage during Blood Beast spawns. Also, I have been experiencing a slightly annoying bug with this fight. For some reason on this fight alone, I will occasionally stop targeting DBS and as such miss a white attack or two. It's really frustrating. The time spent not targeting him is only a second or two at most each time it happens because Judgement and CS will both regain target. I really wish I could fix this somehow.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    <Pie Chart> WoL Report for Deathbringer Saurfag 5/25/10

I delay my DS usage during Blood Beast spawns. Also, I have been experiencing a slightly annoying bug with this fight. For some reason on this fight alone, I will occasionally stop targeting DBS and as such miss a white attack or two. It's really frustrating. The time spent not targeting him is only a second or two at most each time it happens because Judgement and CS will both regain target. I really wish I could fix this somehow.
    I used to have a mouse with a glitchy left-button, sometimes just moving it would
    make me untarget and have to retarget again, i got myself a new mouse pretty
    quickly cause as you surely know... it´s fucking annoying!
    1. Check your mouse.
    2. Check if you have some targeting-macro that does /cleartarget and have it bound to some
    key you easily push by accident.

all i could think of that can cause that to happen now...

Quote Originally Posted by Evilution
    I used to have a mouse with a glitchy left-button, sometimes just moving it would
    make me untarget and have to retarget again, i got myself a new mouse pretty
    quickly cause as you surely know... it´s fucking annoying!
    1. Check your mouse.
    2. Check if you have some targeting-macro that does /cleartarget and have it bound to some
    key you easily push by accident.

all i could think of that can cause that to happen now...
    I am currently using a Logitech MX Revolution wireless laser mouse. I have been using a wireless mouse since I started playing this game because I HATE THE WIRE!! Originally, I was using a Logitech MX1000 that I dropped about $100 on. This newer mouse dinged me for $85, but I am really starting to debate the whole wireless thing. I know wireless isn't the ideal for gaming, but it really has never been much of an issue because my button spamming is all done on a wired keyboard.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD