Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Ruby Sanctum Availability, TCG Loot Giveaway, 3.3.5 Vote Kick

I sleepily went "Hell yeah..." at seeing the kick vote changes. I only kick obvious leechers (ya know, close enough for xp and loot, far enough to NEVER get in combat), odd idiots (hai Mr 400dps prot warrior (whom signed as dps) trying to outpew us 4k+ people while never ever replying to ANYTHING we say), and arsehats. The type that'll kick up a huge drama for no reason, or decides to join as a tank tho' all it can do or is willing to do is pew and refuses to leave.

Otherwise I'm quite tolerant of the people I find in pugs, and very rarely use the kick system whatsoever. Never really abandon instances too, even when it's occy 4 times in a row!
    To purr, or not to purr...

i love how they're forcing us to deal with the morons...
    Daily pugs are horrid now a days having to deal with a dumb tank... i refuse to heal pugs and thats the only reason i picked up healing gear to begin with... tanks are morons you cant say "hey lets speed this up" because they're passing a vote to boot u... ITS ALWAYS THE TANK!
    If you wanna take a half hour on a 7 minute dungeon go play somewhere else.
    Then again it might just be my kingslayer tittle and 277 gear.

Are the changes to the Votekick system live yet ?

We had a lock 2 nights ago who went afk for 13 min. at the start of the instance, claiming that he needed something to eat... we tried without success to kick the bugger but it said "cant kick player for another 15 min" and then counting down until he actually came back and did the last boss with us...

I was under the impression that they removed the CD to kick ppl from the start of the instance last patch ?

Quote Originally Posted by Miranger
    Daily pugs are horrid now a days having to deal with a dumb tank... i refuse to heal pugs and thats the only reason i picked up healing gear to begin with... tanks are morons you cant say "hey lets speed this up" because they're passing a vote to boot u... ITS ALWAYS THE TANK!
    Naah ts not your kingslayer title, hell anyone who can clear 10 can get that...its not even your 277's (gunship lawl). People can clear an instance in under 10 min usually, some instances aside like freaking CoS which still takes about 10 min because of the retarded conversations the NPC's have.

No tank in their right mind will boot a good healer, so either you are lying about your gear or skill OR you are acting like a dick in your groups and basically berating people into doing what you want in a system where all they have to do to get another healer is kick you and wait a couple seconds. It honestly sounds more like the latter but hey, no profile to back up your claim of '277 gear' means it could be either...

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianX
    Naah ts not your kingslayer title, hell anyone who can clear 10 can get that...its not even your 277's (gunship lawl). People can clear an instance in under 10 min usually, some instances aside like freaking CoS which still takes about 10 min because of the retarded conversations the NPC's have.

No tank in their right mind will boot a good healer, so either you are lying about your gear or skill OR you are acting like a dick in your groups and basically berating people into doing what you want in a system where all they have to do to get another healer is kick you and wait a couple seconds. It honestly sounds more like the latter but hey, no profile to back up your claim of '277 gear' means it could be either...
    I wont "twitter" you my armory you'll get over it.
    Anyone can fight both sides of it you can complain about someone being a prick or you can be the one telling people to stop wasting time and move on there's no need to stand around chatting get on a social networking site if you want to do that.
    Another thing that runs rampant due to playing with people within a battle group is people waiting for everyone to greed and need a blue drop or w/e it might be... Where does that come from?
    Ive'd seen a Ton of TANKS that ninja stuff then claim its for alts or "other stats/side spec" which is fine if you ASK not just need after we all greeded or sharded. Don't pass up legit issues with just being a dirtbag.
    Again it might be my toon that gets a "elitist" rep the second i bark at someone for trying to go faster or it might be just my great battlegroup hah

I'm not claiming all tanks are morons even do as my healing experience tells me they don't like to be told to hurry up.
    As a dps i say something and everyone ignores me which is expected since were expendable

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Are there 3 Horde characters in the bottom right-hand corner of the wallpaper?

Looks like a Troll Rogue, Undead Mage and Tauren Warrior with Thunderfury.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by WyriHaximus
    Love the votekick change ;D. Hope this results in a lot less useless kicks from trigger happy tanks.
    This. And yes, the wallpaper is naiz.

guess this will mean that the ones abusing the vote to kick will have a cd while the ones who dont wont.

If you overgear something then yes, us mere mortals aren't going to make it that fun for you.

If you find other people annoying, then form a guild or level an alt, then you will come down to our level and realise there's an awful lot of difference.

Or you could relax a bit, chill out, and take it as a game, then perhaps it wouldn't bother you.

There's no need to call someone a prick because you don't agree with them. Your last message was rather selfish behaviour. It's a multiplayer game. I like chatting to people - I don't babble, but I interact with my guild while levelling and with my party when I do randoms. I enjoy it much more than a single player game, which sounds like it would suit you a bit more, then you could speed run to your heart's content.

Lighten up a bit and I think you'd enjoy things a lot more. Or don't do randoms if you don't trust people in them to live up to your high standards.

@Svad - this comes with the new patch. The notes last time around were mainly to do with the PTR testing, then they found out they needed more research on the issue and delayed the roll-out until they were sure people wouldn't just abuse the feature. I'm happier they decided to do it dynamically because it means we can all boot leechers and jackasses without the fear that someone who queues for a random dungeon with random players can't just cherry pick who he wants to continue with and then boot the rest *every time*.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Oxi
    Are there 3 Horde characters in the bottom right-hand corner of the wallpaper?

Looks like a Troll Rogue, Undead Mage and Tauren Warrior with Thunderfury.

Just a thought.
    I personally cant say what kind of characters are there but I sure see some.
    And yeah it is Arthas right shoulder on the right , and the dragon head on bottom left seems more like Malygos' one to me.

boub I think you chrushed facebook with the giveaway

Deleted

Hihi at first I thought they want to boost americans to WF kill simply because they really suck lately and Blizz feels patriotic xD. But I guess not, go Paragon. 8)

Also the votekick seems interesting, finally we can kick morons like DK in i200 DPS gear that queued as tank for FoS and refuses to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake
    The wallpaper makes no sense, why is Onyxia, KT & Raggy all in it?
    the best of vanilla!

btw not onxyia but her brother, nefarious.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Deleted

Interesting votekick change. I do hope Blizzard will make the achievements visible. I'd love to check out my fellow partymembers (or (future) guildies, or randoms in Dalaran) to see how often they kick and get kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake
    The wallpaper makes no sense, why is Onyxia, KT & Raggy all in it?
    Ony and Rag were 2 of the first raids in Vanilla WoW and Naxx was actually the LAST raid in Vanilla, which got revamped for 80 as the entry level raid in wrath! So My guess is its a wallpaper tribute to the good ol days!
    CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS RAIDERS! YYYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!

interesting changes in the LFD system, I hope this means the cooldowns also go away if I get kicked for bugs ?

It would not be the first time I have to leave or get my behind kicked because the system had fun dropping me right on top of the boss.
    Not to mention thers still teleport bugs. Message to DPS ;in the 30 minutes your waiting, don't do AT mounted combat :-X

Well there goes the last shaman only buff left (5% spell haste)
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

I wont "twitter" you my armory you'll get over it.
    Anyone can fight both sides of it you can complain about someone being a prick or you can be the one telling people to stop wasting time and move on there's no need to stand around chatting get on a social networking site if you want to do that.
    Another thing that runs rampant due to playing with people within a battle group is people waiting for everyone to greed and need a blue drop or w/e it might be... Where does that come from?
    Ive'd seen a Ton of TANKS that ninja stuff then claim its for alts or "other stats/side spec" which is fine if you ASK not just need after we all greeded or sharded. Don't pass up legit issues with just being a dirtbag.
    Again it might be my toon that gets a "elitist" rep the second i bark at someone for trying to go faster or it might be just my great battlegroup hah

I'm not claiming all tanks are morons even do as my healing experience tells me they don't like to be told to hurry up.
    As a dps i say something and everyone ignores me which is expected since were expendable

please stop being so full of yourself, everyone and their mother has the kingslayer title, and just about everyone who takes raiding even remotely seriously is decked out in 277 pieces. you're not special, noone but you thinks you're special. so stop thinking you are.

The giveaway sounds like its rigged, why arent they using myspace? only twitter and facebook? ok. so your racist against myspace?

The kicked LFD stats are very interesting. The only time I've ever kicked anyone was when they disconnected.

Good luck to everyone getting tickets, wish I could go this year
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge