Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Raid Boss: Shub-Sathogg

I had WAAAY too much free time, so I decided to create myself an Old God boss and see what you guys think about it.

Lore:

Imprisoned beneath the Tirisfall Glades, the Old God Shub-Sathogg has been reawakened by the coming of the Cataclysm and is now whispering fear into the living, and undead, creatures around the northern parts of the Eastern Kingdom. Heed the call to defeat this new threat, and save everyone from ultimate madness! [/cheesylore]

HP: Very high for Cata Standards.

The battle takes place in a big room deep beneath the Tirisfall Glades, and at the start of the fight half the room will be covered by a mirror where you of course will see your raid group. At this moment, a whispering, female voice will be heard.

Shub-Sathogg whispers: Do you see, hero? This is you, and you alone...

The other's will start to fade away from your screen. This happens for everyone in the raid, and they will only be able to see themselves in the mirror.

Shub-Sathogg whispers: You are alone in this world... You have no friends, no enemies... Except yourself...

The picture of you starts to transform into a big, hideous creature with a slug like body, a reptile head, dozens of eyes that cover it's body and a plethora of tentacles. This is Shug-Sathogg ([/obvious]).

Phase 1:

Shub-Sathogg will stay at her place all the fight, but additional tentacles will sometimes jump out of the ground to grab raid members. While the raid member grabbed by the tentacles are able to use melee attacks against the tentacle, they will be unable to cast any sort of spells and no special abillities. Each tentacle has HP equal to a big add in comparision with Shub.

At a regular basis, Shub-Sathogg will swing one of her longer tentacles across the entire room. At this moment, the raid will have to jump if they don't want to take a high amount of damage.

Along with this, Shub will randomly throw shadow bolts at raid members, and use ranged attacks with her tentacles on whoever she has aggro on. The Phase ends when Shub is at 75% HP left.

Phase 2:

This is when the fun begins. While Shub will continue to throw Shadow Bolts, the tentacles stop appearing and instead Shub will use abillities that will destroy your friendship with raid members.

The abillity Betrayal from Within will turn everyone around you into hostile, and you will appear hostile to your friends. You will still have control of your character and you will still be able to attack Shub, but since your hostile you will be unable to be the target for heals and buffs. You will also take damage from AoEs. While under the BfW debuff you will get the stacking buff Driven by Vengence that grants 5% AP and SP for each 5% of damage you deal to raid members. DbV stacks 20 times, which is 100% of someones HP, and it stays for longer then BfW. When BfW fades, you will get a Broken Friendship debuff. BfW stays for 30sec while DbV stays for 2min.

Another of Shub's abillities is Devour Friendships, which will grant Betrayal from Within to each raid member, and it will also spawn 5 (for 10man) or 12 (for 25man) adds. Shub will also become immune to all attacks, and BfW will stay, as long as there's adds alive. This makes AoEing very dangerous since you will hurt your fellow raiders. While she watches you hurt eachothers, Shub will just sit there laughing. When Devouring Friendships is over, another stack will be added to the Broken Friendship debuff.

When the Broken Friendship debuff reaches 5 stacks, it will disappear and be replaced by a debuff called Consumed by Madness. This will completely remove the character from your control, and it will enlarge you and you will deal more damage and take less damage while under this debuff. The bad thing is that you will automaticly attack your friends for 3 minutes or untill they've decreased your HP by 33%.

This will keep on untill Shub is finally defeated. Congrats, you've earned yourself some loot and have defeated two great enemies; both the Old God Shub-Sathogg, and yourself...

Phase 3:

Shub-Sathogg yells: Imbeciles! It's not over yet! It was all an illusion... You will all be trapped in this nightmare we call hell!

At this moment, Shub will "blast away" her tentacles, that crashes into the walls and the whole room will start to collapse. As the whole room starts shaking, a timer will appear in the upper part of the screen. You should know what that means, you will have to flee, or else you will be trapped beneath the Tirisfall Glades forever. Anyway, while fleeing up the stairs from where you came, 1-3, depending on raid size, random persons will be targeted by Shub-Sathogg's tentacles. While targeted, you can avoid getting trapped by avoiding the tentacles by jumping. If you are catched by them, though, the same thing will happen that happend during Phase 1, except that you will die within 5 seconds if the tentacle is not killed.

Your loot will be determined by how many survivors there is when you are able to escape. No survivors equals no loot, obviously. Less then half (-5 or -12, respectively) results in 1 Quest Item + Good loot. More then half results in 2 Quest Items + Good Loot + 1-2 (depending on 10/25) Piece of better Loot. If everyone survives, a mount will be included, altough I don't know what kind.

This was a quick summary on the major ideas I had for Shub-Sathogg. Let's see what you guys think about it ;D

Loot as of yet:

Shub-Sathogg's Glowing Slime
    Use: Dye the targeted piece of armor purple.

NOTE: This one drops for everyone in the raid, and is sellable on the AH

Shub-Sathogg's Memory
    This Item begins a Quest
    Grants the Quest Memories of an Old God.

Memories of an Old God Quest Rewards:

Memories of the Lonely Champion
    Trinket
    +X Stamina (High amount)
    Equip: Increase defense rating by Y.
    Equip: Increases dodge rating by Z.
    Equip: Increases parry rating by W.
    Use: Summons a phantom of the Lonely Champion to fight for you for 2 minutes. (10 minutes cooldown)

Memories of the Lonely Madman
    Trinket
    +X Agility
    Equip: Increases attack power by Y.
    Equip: Increases armor penetration by Z.
    Use: Summons a phantom of the Lonely Madman to fight for you in 2 minutes. (10 minutes cooldown)

Memories of the Lonely Caretaker
    Trinket
    +X Spirit
    Equip: Increases your haste rating by Y.
    Equip: Increases your spell power by Z.
    Use: Summons a phantom of the Lonely Caretaker to heal you and your party and raid members for 2 minutes. (10 minutes cooldown)

Memories of the Lonely Sunderer
    Trinket
    +X Intellect
    Equip: Increases your spell power by Y.
    Equip: Increases your hit rating by Z.
    Use: Summons a phantom of the Lonely Sunderer to fight for you for 2 minutes. (10 minutes cooldown)

Re: Raid Boss: Shub-Sathogg

Let me blow your mind:

Azeroth = Azathoth

BAM!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I know that, I was originally going to call her (him, with that name) Azathon, but realized that Azathoth was the namesake of Azeroth.

Not gonna lie. That sounds like it would be a great fight. Having to try and damage your raid but also keep it to the point where you don't kill them would be fun to balance out. Good job OP on the creativeness.
    Invisible fire is scary fire- Capt_jesus

sounds cool, but would be cooler at 30% or something if the mirror smashed and u were all friendly again and the room started to collapse and u have to burn her down in 30 seconds or the room collapses and its a wipe... ofc u get a buff like the one with icehowl

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

The idea is that Shub-Sathogg herself is the mirror, and she shows you and your friends, then you alone and then shows her true form while whispering lies to you.

If blizzard would put that boss in the game. I demand a boss named Fluffy who shoot lazer beams.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Neltharion the Black
    The idea is that Shub-Sathogg herself is the mirror, and she shows you and your friends, then you alone and then shows her true form while whispering lies to you.
    i would really love that, even better would it be if you in the mirror starts to cry befor you turn into shub-sathogg

That would be a awesome boss fight.
    "A forest of thorns shall be his tomb.
    Borne through the skies on a fog of doom!
    Now go with a curse and serve me well.
    Around Stefan's castle, cast my spell!"

I had WAAAY too much free time, so I decided to create myself an Old God boss and see what you guys think about it.

Lore:

Imprisoned beneath the Tirisfall Glades, the Old God Shub-Sathogg has been reawakened by the coming of the Cataclysm and is now whispering fear into the living, and undead, creatures around the northern parts of the Eastern Kingdom. Heed the call to defeat this new threat, and save everyone from ultimate madness! [/cheesylore]

HP: Very high for Cata Standards.

The battle takes place in a big room deep beneath the Tirisfall Glades, and at the start of the fight half the room will be covered by a mirror where you of course will see your raid group. At this moment, a whispering, female voice will be heard.

Shub-Sathogg whispers: Do you see, hero? This is you, and you alone...

The other's will start to fade away from your screen. This happens for everyone in the raid, and they will only be able to see themselves in the mirror.

Shub-Sathogg whispers: You are alone in this world... You have no friends, no enemies... Except yourself...

The picture of you starts to transform into a big, hideous creature with a slug like body, a reptile head, dozens of eyes that cover it's body and a plethora of tentacles. This is Shug-Sathogg ([/obvious]).

Phase 1:

Shub-Sathogg will stay at her place all the fight, but additional tentacles will sometimes jump out of the ground to grab raid members. While the raid member grabbed by the tentacles are able to use melee attacks against the tentacle, they will be unable to cast any sort of spells. Each tentacle has HP equal to a big add in comparision with Shub. and no special abillities.

Along with this, Shub will randomly throw shadow bolts at raid members, and use ranged attacks with her tentacles on whoever she has aggro on. The Phase ends when Shub is at 75% HP left.

Phase 2:

This is when the fun begins. While Shub will continue to throw Shadow Bolts, the tentacles stop appearing and instead Shub will use abillities that will destroy your friendship with raid members.

The abillity Betrayal from Within will turn everyone around you into hostile, and you will appear hostile to your friends. You will still have control of your character and you will still be able to attack Shub, but since your hostile you will be unable to be the target for heals and buffs. You will also take damage from AoEs. While under the BfW debuff you will get the stacking buff Driven by Vengence that grants 5% AP and SP for each 5% of damage you deal to raid members. DbV stacks 20 times, which is 100% of someones HP, and it stays for longer then BfW. When BfW fades, you will get a Broken Friendship debuff. BfW stays for 30sec while DbV stays for 2min.

Another of Shub's abillities is Devour Friendships, which will grant Betrayal from Within to each raid member, and it will also spawn 5 (for 10man) or 12 (for 25man) adds. Shub will also become immune to all attacks, and BfW will stay, as long as there's adds alive. This makes AoEing very dangerous since you will hurt your fellow raiders. While she watches you hurt eachothers, Shub will just sit there laughing. When Devouring Friendships is over, another stack will be added to the Broken Friendship debuff.

When the Broken Friendship debuff reaches 5 stacks, it will disappear and be replaced by a debuff called Consumed by Madness. This will completely remove the character from your control, and it will enlarge you and you will deal more damage and take less damage while under this debuff. The bad thing is that you will automaticly attack your friends for 3 minutes or untill they've decreased your HP by 33%.

This will keep on untill Shub is finally defeated. Congrats, you've earned yourself some loot and have defeated two great enemies; both the Old God Shub-Sathogg, and yourself...

This was a quick summary on the major ideas I had for Shub-Sathogg. Let's see what you guys think about it ;D

This guy pure genuis
    No beta club.....Yea i dont have a fancy pic of it.

Nice job! Sounds like a great idea, wonder what blizz would say if they read it? :P
    I'd definately /sign this idea!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Altough it has a very low chance of happening, maybe if this boss get's enough love Blizzard will consider it? [/hopingforwaaaaytoomuch]

Also, I posted this on the Official Forum, where it has yet to receive any comments at all :P

Sorry but I just can't stop laugh at Shub-Sathogg :/

15+ Year Old Account

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Altough it has a very low chance of happening, maybe if this boss get's enough love Blizzard will consider it? [/hopingforwaaaaytoomuch]

Also, I posted this on the Official Forum, where it has yet to receive any comments at all :P
    Iv tried, they havent recognized my old god fight :-\
    I like this quite a bit good job
    *you arent supposed to know about Saggoth yet >*

I think it's cool that you tryed making a boss fight .. respect
    I think the first phase is too easy. There should always be a deadly cause to wipe on every single phase.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Added a Deep Breath/Fire Tsunami thing for Phase 1.

Problem during add phase, and main phase, tanks are recieving no heals at all. You also made bringing healers to this fight pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    IF YOU CAN'T COMPETE IN ARENAS YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE IN RATED BGS!! LEARN TO PLAY!!!

Lore wise sounds too similar to Yoggy.

Also the name makes me think of a Shrubbery... old plant-god?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenmen
    This guy pure genuis
    NO need to quote the whole fucking post genius.

Sounds good, but is the whole raid made hostile to each other at the same time, or is it just a few players?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    NO need to quote the whole fucking post genius.

Sounds good, but is the whole raid made hostile to each other at the same time, or is it just a few players?
    Betrayal from Within is thrown at only one player at a time (maybe two-three during 25man) while Devour Friendships affects the entire raid.

The adds during Devour Friendship has very low health and is as strong as a Heroic mob (for 10man) or as a 10man mob (for 25man).

I didn't really make any lore for this one, but aren't all the Old Gods like "You have no friends and are all alone!"?

If Blizzard (like that's ever going to happen) is about to implement this in Cata or any future X-pack then I expect them to make up some awesome lore.