Reg Mag'Hari vs. Trauma + Shriveled Heart

I searched but didn't find quite what I was looking for so..

I am currently running with Trauma (http://www.wowhead.com/item=50028) + Shriveled Heart (http://www.wowhead.com/item=50309) as DISC. I was using the +113 hit staff from Heroic PoS and the only other person who rolled was another disc priest, otherwise I would have passed on it.

In ICC 10 tonight, Mag'hari Chieftain's Staff (http://www.wowhead.com/item=50805) dropped and no one else needed it, so I rolled OS for it and was the only one. I am really at a loss about which one is better for disc.

The proc from Trauma isn't very good for disc, in my opinion. We did 6/12 in ICC 10 today (inb4 lolurbad, this is a regular group who progresses through icc 10 2-3 days a week and are 10/12 atm) and it totaled out at 0.7% of my healing which is lackluster. IMO, it'd be much better in the hands of a resto druid/resto sham/holy priest (no, I do not want to go holy).. hell, even an H Pal.

With Trauma + Shriveled Heart, I get 87 int, 50 haste, 882 sp (counting the +63 enchant), 51 crit.

With the staff I get 101 int, 136 spirit, 784 spell power (counting the +81 enchant and 2 runed rubies in the staff) and 136 haste.

The raw SP on the mace is nice, but I have a very decent bit of sp but pretty crappy regen.

I am currently sitting at 3107 SP, 499 regen, 591 haste, 27.52% crit (32% holy crit) unbuffed. Which should I use?

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Reg Mag'Hari vs. Trauma + Shriveled Heart

1. SP is the only thing that matters to a Disc Priest, so don't 'meh' at it.

2. I would easily call Trauma 2nd BiS for Disc just behind the LK Crit / Haste mace. In 10 mans you won't see as much use from it, but in 25 mans where you're Shield spamming GoPW:S will proc it quite frequently.

Sorry, I was NOT trying to meh at it at all, even if it seemed so.

H trauma is probably 2nd BiS for disc but reg Trauma? I don't think I'll ever see a Heroic Trauma let alone get one.

I spend more time in ICC 10 than 25 for sure, but not much more time. I usually peek at the meters after every raid but have never seen the Trauma proc go too crazy =\

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by phoebe
    Sorry, I was NOT trying to meh at it at all, even if it seemed so.

H trauma is probably 2nd BiS for disc but reg Trauma? I don't think I'll ever see a Heroic Trauma let alone get one.

I spend more time in ICC 10 than 25 for sure, but not much more time. I usually peek at the meters after every raid but have never seen the Trauma proc go too crazy =\
    what Fmercury said it's true, and remember you dont use the trauma as disc for the proc (that is 1% for disc) you are using the trauma 'cause you got more spell power.

use Trauma and offhand and keep the staff for holy.

IMHO.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by phoebe
    Yes, the normal version of 2nd BiS is going to be better than the normal versions of things that aren't 1st or 2nd BiS.

I ran into the same (luxury) "problem" but as holy.

I had the 251 staff from Saurfang10 (had 2 purified gems in it and a spellpower enchant), and I recently won the 264 dagger from Marrowgar25 (and already had a Shriveled Heart from HoR HC)

I've put spellpower on the dagger and am using that now. My spirit went down quite a lot and I must say, I really do notice the difference. On the other hand my spellpower and crit went up.

I carry them both with me now. I use dagger+offhand on trash always and on most bossfights. Just if there is a fight which you know will OR be a long fight, OR where you can't use the FSR, then I switch to the staff.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Exclusive
    I ran into the same (luxury) "problem" but as holy.

I had the 251 staff from Saurfang10 (had 2 purified gems in it and a spellpower enchant), and I recently won the 264 dagger from Marrowgar25 (and already had a Shriveled Heart from HoR HC)

I've put spellpower on the dagger and am using that now. My spirit went down quite a lot and I must say, I really do notice the difference. On the other hand my spellpower and crit went up.

I carry them both with me now. I use dagger+offhand on trash always and on most bossfights. Just if there is a fight which you know will OR be a long fight, OR where you can't use the FSR, then I switch to the staff.

well in your case as holy, all depends on what you need on your equip. if you need stats, go always for the staves, if you need spell power cause you are low on it, take mh + of.

i was in the same situation; i was unlucky with the Dying Light hero drop, and i had the saurfang 10 man normal staff; i changed to the trauma 277 + mysti charm 245, and i got like 250 spell power, that for me was really good, 'cause i didnt had issues with the other stats.

it's up to you.

CHeers

Quote Originally Posted by Collection
    what Fmercury said it's true, and remember you dont use the trauma as disc for the proc (that is 1% for disc) you are using the trauma 'cause you got more spell power.
    It's 1% for everyone... it always has been. All that was changed is how it procs. The only reason the proc is better for say Holy, or Druids is that they have many more proc opportunities over the course of a fight. It's also useless to them except on 4 fights in ICC... so...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    It's 1% for everyone... it always has been. All that was changed is how it procs. The only reason the proc is better for say Holy, or Druids is that they have many more proc opportunities over the course of a fight. It's also useless to them except on 4 fights in ICC... so...
    i was talking about 1% healing, not 1% proc.

seems i spelled wrong, Trauma Hc for disc gives you 1% healing during a fight (looking at some datas for the world of logs of my mate Disc Priest), while as Holy you kinda have 2-3%, because for sure we got many more proc opportunities (Renew, PoH glyph, CoH, PoM bouncing etc).

sorry, but you know, english is not my native language so sometimes i fail... ;D

MH/OH should always beat 2h at this point, with superior throughput.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylmarande
    MH/OH should always beat 2h at this point, with superior throughput.
    Yeah, I figured as much I just have extremely low regen. Guess I can switch in some luminous gems here and there. Thanks!