Ferals and the Resto tree

Looking over the new Talent trees for druids. As a feral, i have always played 0/55/16 or 0/56/15 and those 15 or 16 points in resto were almost always useful apart from the 3 points in furor and 3 pints in shapershifter for imp shapeshifter.

Now looking at them, it appears there are no reasons in 1st tier resto for a feral (unless blizz are forcing feral into powershifting a lot to take advantage of furor but i never found it useful at all), reduced shapeshifting costs for resto (which doesn't even have a different form any more so why so deep?) and some improved damage for shred in tier 2 and then improved shapreshifter, Omen of clarity and naturalist all at t3, requiring 19 points in resto.

Are you prepared to "lose" 8 talent points in resto to pick up the 11 useful feral talents as a cat? Or for Bear will you pick up perseverance as blessing of the grove is useless...

15+ Year Old Account
    "Lose"?
    We already live with NSS and it's no problem, what we'll be getting new is a Shred buff instead of Imp.MotW, and while going down we'll get some survivability as well. I wouldn't call that "losing", unless of course you're one that thinks staying alive in raids is not also your job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're gonna be gaining 10% spell damage reduction. There is no math you could show me that taking 5 points in perseverance is a loss by putting points into resto.

PVE cats likely won't put points into Perseverance. They're also going to lose 30% aoe damage reduction.