Page 15 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I feel so cool that I knew about a ton of these

Awesome thread, im surprised to find so many things i didnt know. Dont forget to talk about the abysmally boring poison skill!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moaradin
    What do you do when you see a Xbox 360? You turn 360.2 durr

Should Have Posted this before but i forgot.

As of (i think 2004) who(world health orginization) bases its studys on the effects of pandemics on the basis of the Blood curse of Hakkar in world of warcraft. For anyone who didnt know the BLood curse was a dot that hakkar would leave on you if you got near his corpse, and you could use pets to spread it. Following that, a couple million toons were killed by the disease in org and other citys(i forget how many but i know org and if). This was the first time that the WHO actually got to see the effects a pandemic of that scale would have on people, and is one MAJOR case study for the effects of pandemics in the real world.

I thought that was kinda cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggy1111 View Post
    Should Have Posted this before but i forgot.

As of (i think 2004) who(world health orginization) bases its studys on the effects of pandemics on the basis of the Blood curse of Hakkar in world of warcraft. For anyone who didnt know the BLood curse was a dot that hakkar would leave on you if you got near his corpse, and you could use pets to spread it. Following that, a couple million toons were killed by the disease in org and other citys(i forget how many but i know org and if). This was the first time that the WHO actually got to see the effects a pandemic of that scale would have on people, and is one MAJOR case study for the effects of pandemics in the real world.

I thought that was kinda cool.
    yeah a few people have said it, heres a nice wiki article about it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_blood

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I love you for making this. Nostalgia inc

feign death caused rez sickness back in vanilla

In TBC, if you were spec'd into demo, summoned your felguard and then put up Soul link, you could respec to destro and still keep soul link and the felguard. Boy that was fun to dual people for gold.

---------- Post added 06-18-2010 at 05:36 AM ----------

In BC days, if a rogue used Exposed armor, warriors couldnt sunder armor at all. We had a rogue rage leave MC one night by doing that on one of the bosses and hearthed.
    Last edited by Lyeranth; 2010-06-18 at 05:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyeranth View Post
    In TBC, if you were spec'd into demo, summoned your felguard and then put up Soul link, you could respec to destro and still keep soul link and the felguard. Boy that was fun to dual people for gold.

---------- Post added 06-18-2010 at 05:36 AM ----------

In BC days, if a rogue used Exposed armor, warriors couldnt sunder armor. We had a rogue rage leave MC one night by doing that on one of the bosses and hearthed.
    Still doesn't stack

Here's some druid stuff I remember.

Innvervate used to be a talent and swiftmend didn't exist.
    There was only one set of raid gear for each class so druids, priests, shamans, and paladins were kinda forced to be healers.
    There was no feral charge and no boomkin at all.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scilla&n=Wenger

Quote Originally Posted by Kabasue View Post
    Still doesn't stack
    No, sunder armor could not be applied at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    "-The only enchanting trainer at higher level was in Uldaman."
    OH THE HORROR,had to fight myself inside each 5 skill lvl, was a pain, specally when i wasnt more than lvl 50

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Nice! I learned quite a bit! ^_^ I liked those female troll models tho..they looked like trolls....
    I wholly agree with this. The current 2x4 ones make me cry.]

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikah View Post
    yeah a few people have said it, heres a nice wiki article about it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_blood
    OMG I remember this on my server, I ran into IF at level 30 after flying back from questing. I ran to the mailbox and BAM, dead.

Edit: What are the modes of transportation that are available to each race?
    Not limited to the following: (land/air)

* Human: Horse/Gryphon
    * Troll: Undetermined/Wyvern
    * Night Elf: Nightsaber/Hippogryph
    * Orc: Wolf/Wyvern
    * Dwarves: Ram/Gryphon
    * Undead: Undead Steed/Giant Bat
    * Gnome: Undetermined/Gryphon
    * Tauren: None: Plains Running/Wyvern

*Warlocks will also have the ability to summon Nightmares as their mounts.

All I can say is LOL.
    Last edited by Grimora88; 2010-06-18 at 06:18 AM.
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)

There were a number of things on this list I actually new, since I've been around since Vanilla's release just about, but all the alpha/beta stuff was quite interesting. I'll be referring back to this thread again, great work! Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorlakand View Post
    Interesting link...

You can talk to the spirit healer NPC (currently located at graveyards) to immediately resurrect yourself at the spirit healer's location for an experience loss.
    Anti-Magic - Having discovered a few of the deepest magical secrets, Warlocks have learned how to render it useless against them.
    Gave it to DKs instead?

Shapeshifting - Druids can assume a variety of animal forms to aid them in both travel and combat. The Night Saber panther and Storm Crow are just two of the shapes Druids will be able to assume.
    They were planning on this form/flying in general even before release?

Original bear form, same as every other bear

Invisibility - Whether a mage needs to infiltrate an enemy camp or quickly avoid a bad situation, they can make themselves undetectable using the Invisibility spell.
    Already been said, but they come up with this spell really early on

Old Human Model

I didn't think dwarf females could possibly look any uglier...

The world looks a bit different these days...
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

Don't know if this has been said but,
    You had to cast your seal before you used a Judgment

Also female trolls looked ridiculous video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMx9sy2cDMc

Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    -Recently, in the Ulduar patch, a Gm accidentally mailed a player with Martin Thunder. That is a GM weapon that (i think) has a "on use" effect that one shots everything. He used it to one shot Malygos, and couple of bosses in Ulduar. People noticed on his statistics tab that he had an abysmally high "Highest hit ever" number, and he got a permament ban shortly after.
    I knew this, I was reading up on items a fe months ago on heirlooms and legendaries and found a WoWWiki page on it. Still an interesting list, great read and can't wait for more!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheetos View Post
    - Troll priests also had Shadowguard (I think, lightning shield-esque spell) and Nelf's had Starfall (again proper name alludes me but it's something along those lines)
    'Twas Star Shards. Back in those days, I played a NE Priest instead of a BE Priest, and the few patches just before they removed Starshards, it was the most OP thing at the time.

Just before they removed the Priest Racials, they altered Starshards to be from a channeling attack with a short cooldown (The way I remember it being since I first started playing a priest), to a DoT with virtually no cooldown (it stuck on the target for 30 seconds, and had a 30 second cooldown; it was possible to keep a 100% uptime with it).

I remember throwing SW:P and Starshards on just about any player and then kiting them to death.

Oh; Starshards also cost no mana. At all. Thus allowing you to kill something with just Starshards (which actually did damage comparable to SW:P) while preserving mana for healing.

hit enter more often >:|

that really sucks about the GM weapon one he shouldn't of been banned its the GMs fault for mailing i mean who wouldnt use it if it got mailed to you.