Page 23 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    huh interesting and kewl

Press in dire situations http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flashheart View Post
    Orginially the the Black Morass (CoT) instance Gnomes had to swim between all the islands whereas everyone else could run.
    it still happens to my gnome mage......

one of the best threads on here! so many interesting things! i'm almost sure i've seen that fluorescent mechanostrider when i started playing wow xd

at one point pre burning crusade you could try and open smites chest but it would stun you

10+ Year Old Account
    The search function seems to be in the chopshop, so I'm just gonna throw this one in there, because I didnt see it on the main post:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Captain_Placeholder
    Warlock (SL main)

10+ Year Old Account
    Some things I remembered over night:

- Rogues needed "Thieves Tools" to be able to picklock (and I think to disarm traps). There was also a quest that had to be completed to unlock picklock. Was a royal pain. =/ I still have the item in my bank XD
    - Rogues couldn't disarm hunter traps in arenas (Might still be active)
    - A lot of Pally gear would drop for horde back in Vanilla. "Oh look nothing new just more pally gear !@#$" Was most likely the same for alliance and shaman drops.

realy realy interesting !!

Quote Originally Posted by Razya View Post
    Druids used to only have combat rez
    this sucked, having a tree as a healer with no other rezing classes was not fun. then again i usually had a ret pally or shadow priest in my groups

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    mining took multiple hits
    and having ppl trying to ninja nodes out from under u, or having world PvP fights start from one side ganking the other side as they are mining.... ahh good times

you could only mail one item at a time unless you had an addon i believe
    gold from ah came instantly
    any gold sent between players via mail appeared instantly while all other items took one hour, even between characters on the same account

15+ Year Old Account
    druids where tameble by hunter for a short time
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's one for you. Feel free to add it to your list...

Back in Beta (or very early vanilla... cant remember), the Polychromatic Visionwrap used to be shirt:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=12609#dropped-by

It was considered mandatory because it was the only shirt with stats... and +20 to all resists on a shirt was ridiculous!

It took me forever to get it because EVERYONE rolled on it, and it got changed almost immediately after I did.

It should've stayed a shirt.. pretty cool IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Daxus View Post
    this sucked, having a tree as a healer with no other rezing classes was not fun. then again i usually had a ret pally or shadow priest in my groups

and having ppl trying to ninja nodes out from under u, or having world PvP fights start from one side ganking the other side as they are mining.... ahh good times
    When TBC heroics were still difficult, I would frequently get booted from heroic runs (especially the Coilfang ones where death sucked) on my Tree b/c I did not have an OOC Rez. That was probably the thing that annoyed me more than any other Blizz decision as we were the only healer without one.

I've seen the rogue poisons being charges mentioned a few times in here. But do you also remember the bug that lasted for several months where poisons would disappear from your weapons whenever you zoned in and out of instances or between continents? That was annoying, to say the least.

Also, good old vanilla days of raiding MC: "Okay, who has the water for the runes?" "..." "Right, who's going to Azshara go get it?"

Back in the days you could also use gift paper and wrap BoE's (or even grays) and send them to other players, and make it pay when they looted it, it was one of the more widely known scams back then, impressed it havent been mentioned yet (=

D:

Quote Originally Posted by xibo View Post
    Also female trolls looked ridiculous video:
    Dear gods, it's like they took the male Troll model and just stuck on longer hair and boobs. Scary! D:

Also, it's more of a cosmetic thing, and I dunno if anyone else noticed or cared, but I miss the original Backstab sound effect. It was this awesome "splurtch" sound that you expect to hear when jabbing a sharpened length of metal into someone's lower vertebrae.

However, during late Vanilla or early BC, they changed it to the now-familiar "pwang!" sound that just isn't the freakin' same. I know, QQ moar, but that kinda felt wrong to me. I'm a ROGUE, I kill things by either a deft application of poison that leaves them crumpled in an "untouched" heap, or I make a complete and bloody, stabbity mess of things. That "pwang!" effect just sounds effing cartoony. :-\

*thumbsup* I learned alot.

Twenty three pages read and you guys missed a couple.

-Rogue poison application counted as spells and would proc 'on spell cast' effects. The dagger that dropped off Princess in Mauradon had a chance to proc 100 damage shadow bolt on spellcast.

-Thrown weapons used to be consumable items and were bought in stacks of 5. When they changed them to durability items they didn't correctly code in the BS crafted ones and they'd disappear after 1 use.

-When Warlocks gained Seed of Corruption in tBC you used to be able to go back to Scholo and use it in the whelp room to pull the entire basement.

-Paladin Doomlord Kazzak bombs in tBC. Aggro him, get debuff, use BoP/Hearth...run into auction house...LoH, boom 5k damage to everyone near you.

-You could create cast sequence macros with 'wait' commands. (removed due to botting)

-There was a debuff limit on mobs that would push off the first debuff when the max was exceeded. "Hunters quit dotting the boss, my sunders keep falling off."

-Hunters' pet birds had the "screech" ability that was a small AoE then single target silence. Also the most annoying noise ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Very nice thread and you get nostalgic from these really odd sounding things you took for normal back in Vanilla :]
    Conquered and claimed the epic Chex thread and turned into a lolkitty and failpicture thread making it produce more then 10 pages every minute.

Orcs had a Racial called Blood Fury. When activated, it increased Strength by some amounts
    and reducing healing on you by 50% but then they removed it

I just want to point out something. Someone way back there (too far to find it) said that INT used to increase the rate of learned weapon skill. It actually still does. I found it was very easy for my paladin to skill up weapon skills in his holy gear. Got all the relevant achievements in short time.

Fortunately, there will be no weapon skill levels come cataclysm, but until then, if you need to quickly train up a weapon, stacking INT is the way to go.

OH! I remember one. You used to be able to duel someone of the opposite faction while flagged, then /forfeit to get them to keep attacking you, then own them because they thought the duel was over.

Starcaller Moonthunder of Shadow Council

Currently NOT taking signature/avatar requests.
    Queue:0

Will set up a 'my work' photobucket when I do more