Page 32 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ammikaameri View Post
    I've never noticed spirit healers saying anything, mostly because I usually listen to music so loudly. Do they still do that ? Can't check it now that I'm at work.

Did you even read the authors post? It was mentioned on it and a few times later.

Orly? gonna reread it again. Maybe I skipped it my mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    -There is an NPC next to Haris Pilton in shattrath city, that is only viewable by priests who have level 60 trinket equipped. (forgot it's name)
    the trinket is the eye of divinity and the npc is richole nichie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    People in China are still playing TBC and there's no WoW in Japan at all? Can anyone explain why?
    I think in China they're already playing WotLK by now, but they do tend to be late on Xpacks releases.
    Why? In China, everything has to be reviewed and censured by the "government" before getting to the general population.

About Japan not having WoW... well, most Japanese don't really like this type of MMORPG, that's why you look at an Asian MMORPG and they all have the same style and gameplay, it's what they like.

Warriors had a Fury Talent that was a Guaranteed Critical strike within 10 seconds, with no limit. So killing a lvl. 1 would proc it; for some ekstra amount of damage(200%?). Critted at mob 1594 as lvl. 37 with the "warrior quest unique-axe". Was changed quite quickly, as i remember it being gone before i hit lvl. 50.
    Former Wotlk Paladin Blockbot | 105,2% avoid / 3700 BV | Lots of old content soloed, incl. 3 factionleaders (Wrynn, Gnome king, Valen). - Currently exploring the fun of Soloing with new characters.

- I tend to think sentences faster than I can type, in replies, so often there is spelling and wording mistakes. Sorry.

Ouro only took 2 days to be killed after the hotfix.

Before the hot fix, the quake would do too much damage and he was unkillable.

Kinda meaningless to count all that time, it more a reflection of how long it took blizzard to fix it than the actual difficulty.

Hardest bosses:
    WOTLK - Alone in the darkness 84 days
    BC - High Astromancer Solarian - 59 days (Kinda unfair though, SSC and A'lar were around too).
    Vanilla - Four Horsemen - 54 days, way more than most vanilla bosses.

In beta, there was a coppernode outside IF that made your game bug. Only way to fix it was a restart (sometimes relog wasnt enough). In live it wasn't fixed either for quite some time.

As i recall it, the +defense cloth-set from scholomance was added along with another set when AQ came. (Guess it was designed for the castertanking of twins, though you needed some awkward gearing for that).

tbc: Western Blade Edge mountains, before Ogrila was added, you could enslave the huge demons (size = Kazzak) as lock, in the southern region and kill the Felreavers in the northern part... If you had epic flying skill. If not, you enslave would expire before either had died. Great way to get gold, as you could loot the Felreavers.

Oh damn, this thread brings back memories.
    Former Wotlk Paladin Blockbot | 105,2% avoid / 3700 BV | Lots of old content soloed, incl. 3 factionleaders (Wrynn, Gnome king, Valen). - Currently exploring the fun of Soloing with new characters.

- I tend to think sentences faster than I can type, in replies, so often there is spelling and wording mistakes. Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love your post, keep it coming!

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid's Cyclone was a talent.

Druids had to do the class-specific quests to get the Forms (Cat Form, Bear Form, etc).

Druid's Omen of Clarity was a self casted buff and so, could be Dispelled, etc.

Druid's Entangling Roots never broke, it would hold the guy in place until the timer ended (lolol, loved this, it was so OP )

Same goes for Warlock's Fear, never broke, it still rarely does unlike Roots that breaks at first hit most of the time, but at least now there is DR to balance these things.

DR didn't exist you could CC an opponent until the end of times, or end of mana .

Balance Druids didn't really exist for various reasons depending on the WoW timeframe we're talking about. Initially they would go OOM in 2 or 3 spells, then they fixed that but they could only kill someone if it was a 1vs1 fight and it had to be vs a Melee class, and still, it was not fun, the fight went like this... roots, wrath until roots ended, roots.......

Mages and Warlocks could 1 or 2 hit anyone.... oh wait...

There were unique events in-game (unique as in, they only happened once in WoW history). Now every year is a copy of the year before, with some tweaks.

The Trade Chat was actually for Trade, and people used the World/Local Defense chat.

GM's appeared in-game most of the time to talk to you and not just with a whisper. They would also just appear in a big city for no reason what so ever and start playing with people, spawning bosses and transforming into other creatures.

Having some items made you a God because they were actually difficult to get.

There were very few guilds per server and many guilds had probably over 2 hundred unique players in it.

Honorable and Dishonorable kills counted to get your PvP title.

50% of the players didn't knew WTF they were doing after playing the game for over a year, i think they didn't even knew what game they were playing.

There was something called World PvP.

mmh, can't really remember any more right now, i'll had more later.
    Last edited by m4xc4v413r4; 2010-06-21 at 02:33 PM.

Deleted
    -This was the placeholder for the world tree in Hyjal http://photos1.blogger.com/photoIncl...ha%20Hyjal.jpg
    I kinda laughed my ass off

the problem isnt bones, pandas or any similarity between chinese and any wowrace. the problem is their government, it doesnt want any foregin company (blizzard)to get majority in any market in china. therefore they throw any kinds of silly excuses to prevent blizzard from expanding there. (sry for bad spelling).

edit: hmm quote failed for some reason, the post was a reply to why china doesnt ahve wotlk (or got it late which ever is true).

Hunters could have shield and polearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathos View Post
    You couldn't summon the whole raid, because you couldn't summon inside instances before one of the BC patches, 2.2 or 2.3 i think
    that is not true, im very sure i remember locks being able to summon other ppl inside of instances. i remember my guild doing it sever times in suppression room in bwl, at teh end of fankriss tunnel in aq and in the heigan tunnel in a corner. what came in the bc patch was the ability to summon some1 from outside the instance, into it.

-Priests used to be able to communicate with the other faction by Mc'ing the person. We we're using that to warn people from ganking us when doing world bosses in vanilla =)

Lots of fun facts here. Wish I played wow early enough to see it.

Best forum post ever. Thank you

15+ Year Old Account
    " -Warlock succubus pets used to have less clothes, but they added more later."

Anyone got pic about this... i got interested..hehehe
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by miekkagoon View Post
    " -Warlock succubus pets used to have less clothes, but they added more later."

Anyone got pic about this... i got interested..hehehe
    http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Succubus_Old.png

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    -Spirit healer whispers you hear when you die, say following things "Play World of Warcraft" "Give us your money". Of course they are very hard to hear, so very few people notice it.
    It's very good example of "you hear it because you're told to hear it". They make some whisper noises, that with enough good will can be understood as what you quoted, but it's very ambigous.

Quote Originally Posted by Boldwyn View Post
    It's very good example of "you hear it because you're told to hear it". They make some whisper noises, that with enough good will can be understood as what you quoted, but it's very ambigous.
    Check out the youtube video about it