Page 59 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    -Blackrock Spire, Stratholme and Scholomance were all tuned for 15 people raids, and they were still way too hard even with 15 people, which they later toned down to 5 players (except for UBRS which is 10 player)

Wrong! Strath/Scholo/LBRS were 5-mans back then, but because in vanilla dmg/healing was really bad, we "raided" the instances with 10-man. So no Quests but faster and easier Loot... UBRS was relased in a patch after EU-Release and it was 15-man all the time.
    Strat, Scholo and LBRS were raids from the beginning. They were "changed" to 5-mans later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    -There was a hunter that stacked spellpower gear(for mend pet) and soloed Azuregos.

That was at beginning of tbc so it was +Healing Gear, at this time there was no spellpower...
    Gear had bonuses to healing and damage in vanilla. Again, no clue what you're talking about.

Deleted
    -You could swap armor and weapons during combat(now its only weapons).
    Not to forget Librams ;P

and out comes people that played when most of this happend and they have to pick at every little thing he missed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ukrainium View Post
    Strat, Scholo and LBRS were raids from the beginning. They were "changed" to 5-mans later on.

Gear had bonuses to healing and damage in vanilla. Again, no clue what you're talking about.
    dragging the thread down with attitude :-/ way to go.

BTW, Strath and scholo were 5 man instances, and UBRS 10, but it was possible to get in them with 10 and 15 in raids, but you couldnt complete any quests. when they changed them, they became strictly 5 and 10 man only.

Didn't Trolls once (vanilla) have in combat regeneration of their health?
    Don't think I saw this mentioned yet.
    If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing?
    No more outdore activity for me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duder View Post
    They still do. It's a 10% health regen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor View Post
    I'm not sure whether or not this has been posted yet, but I vaguely seem to remember a time when the looting system only gave you the choices to roll or not. Which was later updated into the current version of need, greed or pass
    Not sure, though I do remember a time when looting a chest did not bring up the loot roll box when in a group and people used to /roll manually for the rights to one, though this was later changed for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Duder View Post
    They still do

Not sure if this still works or if i remember it correctly but ,

i remember when warlocks summoned an infernal then hearthstoned, the infernal would become a hostile mob and attack people , got far to many lvl 12's in durotar killed with this.

Oh , and for some reason people forget sanctity aura , 10% more holy damage
    Last edited by smoomin; 2010-09-18 at 05:26 PM.
    Article 37 : A Bro is under no obligation to open a door for anyone. If a women insist on having their own professional basketball league, then they can open their own doors. Honestly, they're not that heavy.
    Article 49 : When asked,"Do you need some help?" a Bro shall automatically respond, "i got it," whether or not he's actually got it.

Deleted
    Omg the UC thing with hearing that conversation is true o_O
    alot of nice info , ty for posting
    Can also hear some of what Medivh says if you listen carefully, i managed to make out "the tides of darkness has come again" =D
    Last edited by mmoc5d0d0a8293; 2010-09-18 at 05:56 PM.

"the tides of darkness has come again"
    Oh please Blizzard make this the next expanion. Full scale Horde vs Alliance based expansion, not just a side note like in Cata.

Ahh...memories. I never thought that I'd feel nostalgic about Vanilla WoW...but I do. 90% of these "facts" I remember. Good old days.

Deleted
    Not sure if this still works or if i remember it correctly but ,

i remember when warlocks summoned an infernal then hearthstoned, the infernal would become a hostile mob and attack people , got far to many lvl 12's in durotar killed with this.
    Yeah it would break out of the enslave eventually like the doomguard.

Another thing I've noticed is that if you turn the ambience up in ironforge and everything else down for a while, you can distinctly hear the sound of a vehicle reverse beep.

I loooooooooove this thread. I love I so much that it has become the first (and most likely the only) thread that I have ever rated!
    Last edited by Vladilena; 2010-09-21 at 08:45 AM.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

OMG NO WAY
    i just realised this

Deleted
    Shammys could dual-wield 2 spellpower weapon from an early boss in BT. Then they used spells to 1shot ppl in BGs.

Awesome list!

I played a paladin back in vanilla, but I remember a few things that changed about rogues:
    -Vanish required Flash Powder
    -Rogues had a class specific profession (in addition to lockpicking) that allowed them to brew poison. The mats were all from a vendor (Poison supplies).
    -Speaking of lockpicking, that required "Thief's Tools" I believe, in addition to disarm trap. You obtained that from the quest that taught you poisons (and could be bought from poison supplies, along with flash powder).
    -I also remember an item that was useless by the time I realized it existed: blinding powder, was it? It's now a gray item with flavor text, same goes for thief's tools, flash powder, and all the mats for brewing poison.

For paladins, I only remember BoK as a low-tier Prot talent, and I remember seals were 60 seconds before WotLK. This may be just a hazy memory but in vanilla Lay On Hands had ALOT of cooldown, somewhere around an hour or something.

I also vaguely remember Detect Magic and the old honor system, with the points and ranks awarded at the end of the week, with gear that costed gold and required a certain rank. Great post, BTW!
    Last edited by Terkis; 2010-09-26 at 10:00 PM. Reason: spelling.

-If you enter the house north of Goldshire at 7:40 am, you will see 5 children forming a pentagram. You can hear banshee screams, creepy music, and the C'thun sound file saying "You will die".

That scared the hell outta me mon!