Page 8 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh oh any vanilla alliance Paladin doing MC must have remembered how fun it was to buff 40 people (back then there was no 'greater' version of the blessings) -- not to mention the regular version of the blessing lasted only 5 minutes back then lol.

And was BoK a 31 talent in prot ? gee i cant remember now, that was a while ago lol.

Auction houses only existed in Ironforge and Orgrimmar, for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Really was it still in the game for that long? I cant be bothered to check the patch notes. Pretty redundant talents nontheless.
    I'm not sure about the Mage change (which is ironic since I actually play a Mage), but the Priest wand talent stayed in until 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by tofu_soldier View Post

And was BoK a 31 talent in prot ?
    31 point talent in retribution

Quote Originally Posted by tofu_soldier View Post
    Oh oh any vanilla alliance Paladin doing MC must have remembered how fun it was to buff 40 people (back then there was no 'greater' version of the blessings) -- not to mention the regular version of the blessing lasted only 5 minutes back then lol.

And was BoK a 31 talent in prot ? gee i cant remember now, that was a while ago lol.
    At some point it was the 31 points ret talent, but I think it was also the 31 prot talent for a while.

Very interesting read!

I found some interesting ones in the replies, so I added a few more with them. Will update again tomorrow, Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Thoriel View Post
    At the beginning of The Buring Crusade rogue and warrior's Mace Specc talent was giving chance to stun the target using Mace weapon. The stun had no ICD.

At that poing the rogues was playing pvp combat and they was able to keep their target stunned till its dead. > alot of complaining followed and this talent was replaced with the current one granting ARP very quickly.

On the other hand warriors version of that talent was unchanged till the end of TBC. Using Stormherald it was fun to watch RNG stun comming from everywhere but with the Wotlk this talent was changed too and that was the end of Stunlock warriors.
    Actually the rogue version stayed a stun proc until wrath pre-patch. They changed both talents to passive armor penetration with wotlk talents but through whole tbc both classes' talents gave a chance to stun. Only reason rogues didn't use it much after like season 2 was because subtlety became much better than combat.

Quote Originally Posted by nafreyue View Post
    didn't deadmines used to be able to go in a 10 man group, sure i saw/read that some where, could be mistaken on that though
    I remember reading that somewhere to

Quote Originally Posted by Makamoka View Post
    I remember reading that somewhere to
    Deadmines is still doable with a 10-man group :P Its just not intended to do so.

[ontopic]I didn't know that a rested level of 50% xp existed a long time ago [/ontopic]

Ah, the 'good' old days...

For those who don't know about the stuff that the OP has listed:
    In order to survive, you cling to all you know and understand. And you label it reality. But knowledge and understanding are ambiguous. That reality could be an illusion. You all live with the wrong assumptions.
    /Zetsumei

Artifact

As opposed to what people think, not epic nor legendary items are the highest ranked items in WoW, all though the highest ones still have never dropped there is a level above legendary and its called artifact. It ties in well in the lore and some GMs have had the luck to wield items like the martin thunder weapon for example. Martin Thunder has stats that are nowadays kinda obsolete but at the bottom of the tooltip is this : Use: Kills all enemies in a 30 yard radius... would be somewhat nice to have this item was removed in 3.3 but there are some others out there like alex's ring of audacity for example with Equip: Defense +1000. Consider yourself born again hardcore!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Just thought of a relatively recent change: Priests used to have racial spells of their own.
    Troll priests used to have a Shadow Shield type thing called Shadowguard http://www.wowwiki.com/Shadowguard

List of all of the priest racials: http://www.wowwiki.com/Priest_racial_abilities
    Last edited by Vervaine; 2010-06-17 at 09:45 PM.

Mages used to have to spec for evocation iirc
    Druids had to spec for innervate
    Druids used to only have combat rez
    Druids used to be able to use 2h axes
    As a rogue you used to be able to 'cast' your mount while stealthed.
    You also used to not be able to eat or drink while stealthed ^^
    Moonkins weren't introduced until mid vanilla
    Trees weren't introduced until late vanilla.
    Conjure water went per 5 (I think) only mid vanilla could you conjure a whole stack! You still had to conjure endless amounts to provide a raid with water.
    Summoning went per person, we didn't have stones back then. ^^
    Speaking of stones, before the lfg tool you had to go to the instance. Everyone. Unless you were so lucky to have a lock in the group since the dungeon stones didn't let you summon people. Certain instances people even especially looked for a lock cause it was so out of the way.

One of the random thigns I remember from mid-vanilla (not sure when it was changed) was that you could only hold your breath for about 30 seconds (maybe less). But, there were a few quests that were absolutely brutal due to the short duration of breath (I rolled an undead with extended breathing for this reason).

Edit: You noted the plains running ability of Tauren. First time I've seen someone mention this. I distinctly remember not rolling a Tauren (I wanted a druid and wanted horde) specifically b/c they couldn't get a mount. Little did I know that this had been remedied long after I had started playing, but I didn't know about patches and relied on the game booklet. I saw a tauren on a kodo around level 12 and immediately ditched my troll shaman and rolled a tauren druid. Ironically, I couldn't afford a mount unitl long after I hit 60 (didn't know about the AH or professions). Not fun in AV.
    Last edited by mickloven; 2010-06-17 at 09:43 PM.

Also, 'bout the locks. It's quite commonly known, but still; Every single summon required a soul stone. Now, think about having to summon a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    -Spell schools used to have a skill system similar to todays weapon skills. "Your skill in Fire has increased to 93"
    That explains why Forsaken Skills in Shadowfang Keep sometimes reduces the skill of magic schools. Always wondered what that meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    -Many people don't know this, but there is a "click to move" option in WoW. You can zoom out your camera and move it up, and play WoW as WCIII for example.
    I actually found that option some time ago. It was a little fun to use that.

You never lost experience in this game. Actually, Blizzard even touted that as a reason this game was better than EQ.

Oh, but you could unequip and equip items in battle (all items not just weapons) until the invention of addons such as items closet let you hit one button to avoid paying any repair costs. After they fixed that you could still change trinkets in battle until Blizzard decided it was an unfair advantage.

Deleted
    In Beta they had a 5 tiers for the now known "rested" status, back then you could be well rested, rested, normal, fatigued and exhausted. Well-rested players receive bonus experience points for killing monsters. Rested players receive a smaller bonus. At the normal rest level, players receive no bonus experience points for killing monsters. Fatigued players receive half of the normal experience points from their kills, and when exhausted they will receive a quarter of normal experience from a kill.

Only because it hasn't been mentioned yet:

During the development of WoW, Michael Koiter an employee (an illustrator but I might be wrong) for Blizzard died. Because of this, Blizzard decided to immortalize him in WoW. His tribute is in the barrens called Shrine of the Fallen Warrior(link: http://www.wowwiki.com/Shrine_of_the_Fallen_Warrior )It is located on a hill south of the road between stonetalon and the crossroads. When you get to the shrine you will find a spirit healer named Koiter.