Page 1 of 30
... LastLast

10 man raiding guilds, whats the point?

I cant grasp why people want to be in 10 man raiding guilds at all.

I've heard 3 strong arguments against it

The first is:

You don't have to deal with 15 extra retards (or something to this effect wording is different but thought is the same)

OK I get that you do have extra people to mess things up but the problem is a very large number of 10 man raiding guild players still do 25 mans in pugs now this doesn't make any kind of sense at all why pug the harder content? (and yes i know about sarth 3D when it came out yes 10 man was harder due to raid stacking than 25 man but its generally not the case) I mean nearly every 25 man guild has a solid 10 man that runs nearly every week some even have dedicated ones and worst case you can pug the easier content after the 25 man raid is done. Because most still do both any way.

The second one is:

I don't have time to do 25 man raids

OK so you don't have a lot of time to spend raiding but 10 man raids take just as long as 25 man raids. Why settle for the lower loot when you can do the same instance in about the same amount of time. Just find/make a guild that fits your schedule.

The third is:

I Just like raiding with my Friends

Cant you still raid with your friends in 25 man raids and um.... make 15+ new friends? I mean there are very social guilds out there isn't raiding with a group of 25 friends cooler than running with just 10?

Now I do understand some people have lower end computers and/or internet connections that cant handle raiding in 25 man and it is under those conditions legit to raid 10 mans only and maybe get lucky when you DCed in VOA 25 some one still lets you roll on loot when you log back in.

These are the 3 strongest arguments that I've heard for 10 man raiding and i still don't understand whats up with the large number of 10 man guilds out there I can under stand a few but it seems like there are A LOT more of them now-a-days and they raid Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and/or Thursdays right at the same time people are raiding 25 mans.

EDIT: For the retards that read half the post then started flaming me for being an elitist prick that hates 10 man casuals or some thing equally stupid. OMG WTF HES FLAMING 10 MANS GET HIM!!!

TL;DR:

Why do i see 10 man raiding guild that do their 10 mans on "normal" raiding days raiding their 10 mans when they could be raiding 25 mans at that time in a guild then do their 10 mans later when their group of friends do it also or vice versa instead of pugging 25 mans?

Edit 2: Even shorter TL;DR

10 man GUILDS why be in them if you ALSO raid 25 mans WITH PUGS

Also Read Before posting

Edit 3
    TONS of the posts are in this thread I do 25 mans with pugs for the trinkets so I can do better in 10 mans

if you are in a 10 man STRICT raiding guild i dont care its an ego thing for you I got it "i do the 10 mans without 25 man loot blah blah blah" its the same as doing 25 mans to you but you have a stacked raid set up and recruit based on 10 man setups

if you raid 10 mans because your computer / Internet sucks I got it you cant do any thing in 25 mans

if you raid 10 mans because you ONLY want to do them with your 9 friends and you follow the same rules as the STRICT raiding guilds I got it you only log on to play with your friends and friends only

Arguments from personal experince dont work stop posting them just because you had a bad experince in 1 or 2 raid guilds doesnt mean any thing people have horrible experinces in 10 man guilds and 25 man guilds does that mean they should find a 5 man only guild or give up?

Edit 4:

The cata argument

stop with this argument its over 6 months away and is in closed beta i could change it may not but still dont do arguments like this live in at least the near future because you are still playing this game in its current state

why play the game at all if your only argument is every thing will change in 8 months (or whenever its released) so why worry about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    There has never really been a time in the game when you could just do whatever you wanted with your class and be equally effective. Then, as now, smart players doing a lot of homework would figure out the most optimized way to play. You can choose to follow their recommendations, try to find an even more optimized way to play, or just do your own thing because that's more enjoyable for you, knowing that you may pay the price of being less optimized.

Re: 10 man raiding guilds, whats the point?

Real Excuse: I'm too lazy or too bad to find a 25 man.

Say it however you want, but anyone with any time invested in this game SHOULD desire to raid the highest content. If they are happy dicking around otherwise, then you should pity their lack of motivation.

People will call me a douche for saying this, but its true. If you're in a 10man raiding guild and don't care at all for 25s, then you're either wasting your time or lying to yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

I've been in a 10 man guild for a long time, nothing compares to the fun you have raiding with a tight knit group of people that you've known for a long time, that you've played with since tbc, the raid atmosphere is completely different and so is guild atmosphere, loot isn't a problem, raid synergy isn't a problem and usually people leaving the guild or being late to raids isn't a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Evirx

You don't have to deal with 15 extra retards (or something to this effect wording is different but thought is the same)

I don't have time to do 25 man raids

1. if you're running with a group with 8 solid members and need to pick up others, a 10 man will leave you with potentially two retards (20% of the group), whereas a 25 man will potentially give you 17 of them (over 66% of the group). this means people who constantly die (and need rezzing), constantly whine about loot (longer loot, more initiated drama), and people who will leave mid-raid (more time taken out to form groups)

2. 25man raids, at least in the beginning, take longer to explain / set up encounters (buffs, ready check, group positioning), form groups, and take longer bio breaks. some 25man fights are also designed to take longer than 10man fights.

3. most people refer to IRL friends to close friends via the internet. they're different than meeting acquaintances online who you dont really care about. 10man also have a much closer and better atmosphere for making friends and strengthening relationships.

Well, here is my PoV (used to be in a "small" 25man guild, now 10man but i'm not playing at this time)

The people i like playing with are oldschool vanilla players, these are the ones i have more or less played with from day one, there is little to none of the so called guild drama between us, that happens when "new" players join and they don't get the phat loot.

A small 10man raiding guild with grownups that actually have shifthours at work, they cant play every single day and it's people that i trust, we have fun while doing PvE content and we sometimes do raids to opposing faction cities, not to kill bosses but to just piss them off by "sticking up" the bank or the likes, naked BGs (and yes it was fun to kick alliance ass in WSG in the nude) and generally having FUN.

A big guild can muster many members but i rather go for quality than quantity, of course it's everyones personal preferrence and if someone want a guild with 100+ members then that's fine, it's just not for me.

Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Deadinside
    I've been in a 10 man guild for a long time, nothing compares to the fun you have raiding with a tight knit group of people that you've known for a long time, that you've played with since tbc, the raid atmosphere is completely different and so is guild atmosphere, loot isn't a problem, raid synergy isn't a problem and usually people leaving the guild or being late to raids isn't a problem
    Exactly why I love my guild, except it exists for much longer then TBC (we've celebrated our 10 years last december)

10 man raiding guilds, whats the point?
    it's easy compared to 25 mans. will still be in cataclysm. it's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes
    People will call me a douche for saying this, but its true. If you're in a 10man raiding guild and don't care at all for 25s, then you're either wasting your time or lying to yourself.
    It is absolutely not true. If you are enjoying your time, how are you wasting it?

Or perhaps I enjoy ten mans a great deal more?

No matter how good, every 25 man raiding guild I've been in tended to have a core of ten players who did ten mans together and 15 extras who weren't too sociable as a whole. Those ten don't tend to be too accepting of changing their off-night group either.

My pc lags to hell in a number of 25 man encounters and to be frank 10 mans feel more personal. With the upcoming changes in cataclysm I have no intention of reverting to 25 man raiding.

Your attitude is sickening, there is more to this game than seeking 25 man challenges. The only reason many ten man guilds pug 25s is because they need the far superior trinket drops and such for things like heroic Lich King.

And last I'd checked, no ten man strict raiding guild had done LKhc, every single WoL kill I've looked at had the dps at least half decked in i277 and the healers/tanks in mostly i277 tier and such. This to me says that there is ten man content that is not "easy/easier" when you're appropriately geared.

Things like 6 min maly kills in 3.0 were harder thanks to composition troubles. Your original post says little more than "25s have better loot and people think they're 'better', why don't you raid them?! You ish noobtard! Dey moar fun! My opiniun = law!".

I enjoy 10 mans over 25 mans.
    my guild has 4 10 man raiding groups(one is an alt group), and one 25.
    as the leader of the second raiding group, I feel obligated to go to 25s, and I hate it.
    I find with 25s vent is pretty quiet, there's not as much joking, people are REALLY paying attention to the game, whereas in our 10 man, we all poke fun at each other, and are really laid back.

so what you are saying, is that in my case I should sacrifice fun for loot?

in that case, why even play the game? I LIKE having fun with 9 other people. I DON'T like quiet raiding with 24 other people, half of which I barely know.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve
    Crikey! I sure wouldn't want to fight this guy if he came back!

You win troll of the month. Now.. See you in a month.

Cant you still raid with your friends in 25 man raids and um.... make 15+ new friends? I mean there are very social guilds out there isn't raiding with a group of 25 friends cooler than running with just 10?
    This reason is why I prefer 10 man raiding. and yes you can raid with your friends (and more) in 25-man but 10-man feels closer and more personal I guess. 25-mans seem to cluttered to me, too many people, just feels crowded (and yes I know there were 40-mans in vanilla, I did play in late vanilla but never got to 60 before TBC lol).

Overall, yes I do run 25-mans because as you said they drop better gear, they're on a seperate lockout etc. but I don't enjoy them as much for the reason I said above so for me they're sort of an extra raid if I have the time or there's a group being formed.

"People will call me a douche for saying this, but its true. If you're in a 10man raiding guild and don't care at all for 25s, then you're either wasting your time or lying to yourself."
    I won't call you a douche, I'll call you an ignorant tool. Many people simply don't enjoy raiding with that many people, thus why 40-mans were removed and why in cata 10/25's will share the same loot and lockout. WoW is a fucking game, games are made for enjoyment, If I'm doing what I enjoy how am I wasting my time?
    Also no I'm not lying to myself. I really don't enjoy 25-mans as much as 10's. I raided in TBC through the 10's and onto 25's and in WotLK I have done most of the raids on 25 (not ICC) and I will always prefer 10's.

Did a 10 man guild abuse you in some way or steal your high school sweetheart?
    Cake!

Say it however you want, but anyone with any time invested in this game SHOULD desire to raid the highest content. If they are happy dicking around otherwise, then you should pity their lack of motivation.

Your beliefs are clearly not that of others, which also makes your assertion of "dicking around" baseless. I know! Lets do 60 man raids!

15+ Year Old Account

Your opinion is amazingly subjective, how can you not see that? It is NOT true, it is just your opinion, and you are entitled to it. That does not make it fact. Arguing this point makes you a troll.

Imagine...some people don't care about loot, or progression, or status, or rank...they just play to have fun. You do not see the game this way, and have chosen to exclude that possibility from your rationale; however, any logical mind can make the case that it is QUITE possible that some may raid 10's jut for the fun of it, rendering your post illogical.

Now, if you said "In my opinion", I would have no argument with your statements; however, you have chosen to include me in a blanket of disillusioned, unmotivated, and/or poorly skilled players because I am not in a 25-man raiding guild, by virtue of your assumption of truth that could not be farther from it.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

I raid 10man content whit RL friends while we all are in 4 differnt guilds raiding 25man.
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

if blizzard does everything right with cataclysm, the 10 man "slackmode" raiding will be over, and 10 mans will be as demanding as 25 person raids. haha.

also, 10 man loot is scaled. you can do 10 man Naxx with heroic gear. you can do 10 man maly in naxx gear. you can do 10 man Uld in 10 maly gear. you can do 10 ToC in 10 Uld gear, and you can do 10 ICC in 10 ToC gear.

hell, you don't even have to do heroic to see all content, so I don't understand the problem. if ALL you're doing is 10 mans, 10 mans is all you have to do anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve
    Crikey! I sure wouldn't want to fight this guy if he came back!

You win troll of the month. Now.. See you in a month.

25 man raiding guilds, whats the point? Oh right better EPIX.

Long story short: 10 mans are more fun if your rolling with friends, 25 man raids the same cannot be said as you'll always find the majority to be stupid idiots, like tier 10 paladins not being able to push more than 6k -.- or idiots not knowing how to spread on the blood queen during her air phase. You find such failings less in 10 mans because you only need to rely on 9 others instead of 24 others.

25 man raiding guilds, whats the point? Oh right better EPIX.
    For now, yes, for cataclysm, no.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff
    if blizzard does everything right with cataclysm, the 10 man "slackmode" raiding will be over, and 10 mans will be as demanding as 25 person raids. haha.
    It's funny how people who call 10 man "slackmode" are always decked out in ilvl264 gear or higher.
    Ofcourse it's going to be easier if you have 25 man and even 25 man heroic mode gear.

To the OP: so because we enjoy raiding10 mans more, we are wasting our time? Get lost.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."