Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThExPriDe View Post
    Well it can't be much worst than it is right now. If you ask me, Blizzard is actually learning from their mistakes.
    It always can.
    Don't have any doubts about it.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Music to my ears.

Oh, and bring back 8 piece tier sets!

Quote Originally Posted by kildal View Post
    However, though i sound very negative, i like the way the game goes as i get more and more casual myself.

I like how i can get more out of the game in less time.
    Noone says you must be hardcore, that is the point of making casual gear - blue and hardcore gear - epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammikaameri View Post
    The point is still that why not just make it like it was, that having epics meant that he is actually hardcore or an active&good player. Now everyone is fully epic'd, and saying that you have full epic no longer means that you are even good for a heroic.

I do know that you can look at ilvls, but I'd prefer it the color way, and the way manual says. Epics being the best available items for that level.

ilvl and the colors serve the same purpose, btw. The point is, the ilvl requirement for an item to be considered EPIC should be raised.
    You need to realize the game isn't like that anymore though. Just because you liked it then doesn't mean it was necessarily good for the game that it was that way. Resorting to distinguishing players based on the color of their gear is quite silly if you ask me, as even in BC there were some blues that were better than epics. Yes, ilvl and colors serve the same purpose, but again why should there be such a difference other than people wanting to feel all special again because they want to stand out with their higher ilvl gear.

The players that have the 277 gear honestly don't give a shit. They have their mounts and titles and that's all they need to feel good about themselves in this game. They don't care if other players can get near equivalent gear or even epic gear so why should you?

15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, this is going to set Cataclysm apart from WotLK in the first few months, but after the second raid tier is implemented people will still be able to farm hero points in heroics and buy the first tier's epics from vendors. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    To be honest, this is going to set Cataclysm apart from WotLK in the first few months, but after the second raid tier is implemented people will still be able to farm hero points in heroics and buy the first tier's epics from vendors. Just sayin'
    Exactly, a lot of people are failing to realize this and are getting all excited thinking they'll have gear that an alt in 3 months won't ever get.

Think everyone is agreeing with everyone but then thinking the other person is not agreeing >_>.

The general bulk of this thread: epics mean nothing, they are standard, everyone haves them. You cant tell a geared out player from a fresh 80 without help (e.g. item level and gear score)

What everyone wants to see: Epics, when you get them, they are actually awesome, they show you put in the hard yards. They should mean something besides doing 5 heroics in one night and "being decked out in epics, now I roll faces with awesomesauce" (Or whatever the kids say now days).

What is a good example of how this used to be: tier 0, yeah, Valour etc, back before Molten core was awesome, it was blue, and it meant you spent ages and was skilled for the time of the game you played.

Took some time they realized the QQ on boards are valid points.
    First thread of this kind popped up nearly 2 years ago, asking just this.

Glad they want to do it - hoping it will be done the right way.

And the world went truly silent......

....as a million nerds had orgasms
    Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    Your logic has no place in a sea of unfounded nerdrage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker
    Sir I am going to have to ask you to calm down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Nope I see the objective the reward and I charge out with my penis erect, ready for the action!
    For the first 15 minutes you are staring at a black screen, the next 30 minutes you are watching monkeys throw poo at each other. That's 45 minutes of complete nonsense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phai View Post
    Originally Posted by Ancilorn
    Well, hopefully this comes as good news. We're actually working on restoring the epic feeling to epic items in Cataclysm. Epic loot should be epic, and something to be very proud of. Our plan is to try and get the Heroic -> Blue Gear and Raid -> Purple Gear balance back.

This is further proof that not everything Deathwing does is entirely a bad thing. =) (Source)

There you go
    /cheer

Quote Originally Posted by Ammikaameri View Post
    The point is still that why not just make it like it was, that having epics meant that he is actually hardcore or an active&good player. Now everyone is fully epic'd, and saying that you have full epic no longer means that you are even good for a heroic.

I do know that you can look at ilvls, but I'd prefer it the color way, and the way manual says. Epics being the best available items for that level.

ilvl and the colors serve the same purpose, btw. The point is, the ilvl requirement for an item to be considered EPIC should be raised.
    yet again, how can you say this if you haven't played the game since the release of Wotlk? no one currently playing this game says that it's neat to have full badge tier10 with badge loot, everyone that has a similair statement to mine says that they consider the heroic loot from icc and the previous heroic loot from raids to be "Epic" it has a meaning and you can distinguish good players with it and if you want to look at someone and think "wow he's badass" in a game, well there it is if the person has full iLvl277 gear he is a good player and he knows what he's doing (most of the time) the same thing existed in vanilla from what i've heard, for an example half the raid dying during the boss and still getting loot because of high DKP? well he had an epic and he didnt deserve it because he didnt do his job during the encounter and yet he may have won the item? you catching mah drift?

sweet now when I'm in orgrimmar decked out in my epix n00bz will be liek 0mg that guy is so 1337. and my epeen will grow like pinocio's nose grows after telling a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Keisy View Post
    Yo, Dawg!So i heard you like epics, so you ll feel epic wearing an epic...oh wait
    Yo dawg, we herd you liked equipping epics, so we put epics in your epics so you can equip while you equip!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    For the first tier, yes. However, once tier 12 is released you should expect them to make all of the tier 11 gear available via heroic badges. As it should be.
    Wait..WHAT? Do you really, REALLY honestly think that this system that they have now with shite loads of raid content being unused (ulduar says hi') and free T9 from heroics.. and a single raid to do for 6 months. Then when you finally unlock hard modes you can look forward to doing the same encounters AGAIN but now with your pants on your head so you take abit more dmg. Just boggles my mind atleast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay vanilla...thx guys for your annoying whining....i appreciate doing scholomance 100 times lasting upwards from 50-125 hours of play time to finally get that "omgz so epic staff" that doesn't even have half the stats of a raid weapon that can be gotten within a few hours...

The only thing that made the huge lack of solo content in WOTLK bearable to play was the ability to do heroics for 72 hours straight to get 232 gear which didn't even compare to 271 gear...

It would be stupid just to fog solo players off with a blue set that doesn't have any option to be upgradeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haravovadia View Post
    hell, in vanilla half of the first raid (ZG) loot table was blue.
    You didn't play before TBC, shut up.

OT:

I think the change is good, but not really needed. I fail to see how the color of gear matters, I always thought the stats were what mattered. Silly me...

If more people buy the same cookies as me, do my cookies suddenly taste bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Madworld View Post
    Wait..WHAT? Do you really, REALLY honestly think that this system that they have now with shite loads of raid content being unused (ulduar says hi') and free T9 from heroics.. and a single raid to do for 6 months. Then when you finally unlock hard modes you can look forward to doing the same encounters AGAIN but now with your pants on your head so you take abit more dmg. Just boggles my mind atleast.
    I'm trying to understand what you're saying but it may just be me as it's late here and I'm pretty tired.

If you don't like the way the current raiding system is then you won't like cataclysm, as they haven't hinted from going away from the WotLK model at all. And why should they? More raiders than ever raid, more players than ever can get into decent gear on their own and not require a guild just to be able to do the most current raid. The only down side is old raids get left behind, they get seen by most current raiders but get left behind.

If you raided in BC at all you'd realize how much better this system is as opposed to how it was in BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

It would be stupid just to fog solo players off with a blue set that doesn't have any option to be upgradeable[/B].
    What do you need raiding gear for if your a solo player?

What a load of crap. This is equivalent to saying all Ilvl 200 gear should be blue instead of some blue and the Naxx stuff purple. A few months in, or perhaps an extra raid in, and this will be entirely moot, as people simply farm badges for the latest gear.

Do people really remember the Tier sets from Molten Core? They were garbage, and had poor stat itemization. I would laugh at Warlocks in full Felheart, while I wore mismatched blue gear along with selected epic items until I got more Tier 2.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    epics werent very epic in tbc

was to low to care in vanilla

epics were never very epic in wotlk

but legendary will always be legendary