Thread: Dark, Not Dark

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    well the first ones all do have something in common, the presence of undead or ghost mobs somewhere in there. for silithus thers the ruined druid town, for stormpeaks theres that cave of disturbed taunka spirits as well as the place with the frozen army. netherstorm had a couple of haunted dranie ruins and then that one human town in the south of the zone. twilight highlands and uldum may possibly have some manner of undead/spirit mobs as well--owing to the ancient nature of uldum and the creepy arcane nature of twilight bastids.
    Thats the first thing I taught when I read this thread
    Maybe when he says dark he meens something evil like the undead?

If you add the number in the alphabet of all the letters in each zone, and then divide them by the square root of 432 and then multiply that my pi, and finally divide them by 1600, they are equal to 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    My understanding is that deathwing will erupt from that pool and fly around squeaking, "Runescape! I was in Runescape! How do I get back to Runescape?!!"

I rather think op is just referring to how end game zones have traditionally had a threatening atmosphere, but how twilight highlands and uldum don't seem to have so much of that feeling to them. Nor do they seem that dark, figuratively and concretely compared to the first bunch.

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

The different approach to the end zones in terms of style give it a more mysterious and/or mythical look instead of the old, overdone, boring, tedious, lame DARK LORD OF THE UNIVURZ stuff?

They are all zones for the higher levels for the expansion?

EPL Silithus are are the high level zones for classic (57-60)
    Shadowmoon and nether are both high level zones for BC( 67-70)
    Icecrown and storm peaks are both high level zones in wotlk(77-80)

I am guessing Uldum and twilight highlands will be the high level zones in cata(84-85?)

Answer unclear. Try again later.

I THINK I GOT IT. They're all final leveling zones? Or, something. In that case, Winterspring was missed and all. Or something.

I don't even know.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    Basically, all of the end-game questing zones have had dark or overcast skies, in particular BC and WotLK. Compare this to screenshots of Uldum and Twilight Highlands.
    He's talking about damn skyboxes... could have said that in your first post. Pointless thread is pointless as shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipresskeys View Post
    You just made me shit my pants..
    What a bunch of bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkfremin View Post
    Luckily, I never liked the guy that much, so his absence will not affect me in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    Basically, all of the end-game questing zones have had dark or overcast skies, in particular BC and WotLK. Compare this to screenshots of Uldum and Twilight Highlands.
    Phasing can always happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    You gain 4 additional girlfriends once you stop playing WoW. It is statistically proven that WoW equals 4 girlfriends. No one exactly know where they come from, but WoW is the only thing that prevents the world from being flooded with insane amounts of girls.

Actually, that is the sole reason we even play WoW. We simply could not stand all those girlfriends jumping at you at every corner of the street if we didn´t.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    I agree with Obama on this issue.

So, did you think to yourself before posting this, "maybe I should form a coherent thought before making a thread?"
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

I thought it was pretty interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everone seems to be missing the point... what does the first row have in common, and what is different between the last two?
    Last edited by Selastan; 2010-06-26 at 08:36 PM.

I've got it! It has been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense!
    Also, the first list has an overcast/dark sky, while Uldum and the Twilight Lands do not...?
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarf; 2010-06-26 at 10:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I've got it! It has been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.
    I've seen that before..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I've got it! It has been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense!
    Also, the first list has an overcast/dark sky, while Uldum and the Twilight Lands do not...?
    You just made me go insane. I will not be able to focus upon something with my eyes, ever again.<_<'

All of the zones listed are the "end levelling zones" of the respective expansions, and I believe the OP is trying to say that there has always been one zone that's dark and one that isn't. (Not sure about the Cataclysm zones though)

Non-dark: Silithus, Netherstorm, Storm Peaks

Dark: Eastern Plaguelands, Shadowmoon Valley, Icecrown

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how pointless threads like these become so awesome. mabey i should try it...