Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Heroes of Newerth, hard as hell. :X
    CS:S *shiver*
    Syobon action!!! Oh my friggin GOD! It got to be one of the most, if not THE most insane 2D platformers in the world! It's so hard, you've got infinite extra lives, because you are going to die that much.
    Syobon action-cat for secret last boss in WotLK!

Quote Originally Posted by sithorion View Post
    -heroes of might and magic iii, on hardest level, it took f00king long, and they had insane armies while i was in my first tier.. Meh
    qft

Battletoads. i never managed to beat the third level, that racing level.

Another World

Legend of the Sphynx on the Acorn Electron!

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

15+ Year Old Account
    trying to 3 star every level on Angry Birds for the iPhone is a nightmare :P

trackmania united/nations forever on a lvl above 500.
    GL
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Conker's Bad Fur Day with Keyboard... about 50 of my ~55 deaths were because I had trouble turning/jumping with the keyboard. God, that sucked...

Quote Originally Posted by kratos23 View Post
    Battletoads. i never managed to beat the third level, that racing level.
    my brothers got to the place where you have must run faster than that mouse, they didn't know the secret of it and lost there

Ikaruga .. gets harder on co-op!

Ninja Gaiden 2 on NES, it was just brutal at certain levels and you had no save option so turning off the console after six hours of trying one level had one of the most enraging/depressing effects I felt as a kid.

Still waters run deep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    kaizo mario world 1 and 2
    This I cant even get past the third level >.>

Deleted
    Ninja Gaiden on NES.

If you think you've played a hard game, try that.

Deleted
    I'd say Prototype on hardest, but the only real challenge is the last boss (and that's only really made hard by the 213652362 times you're gonna fall into the water and waste time), so I won't. Hardest all in all is probably Shadow the Hedgehog or Bloody Roar 2.

geometry wars starts to get pretty insane later on
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post

Tbh, 99% of people who play this game do not know what they want, but they want it now.

Common "Another World" and "Monkey Island" are not hard games ! Monkey is long but not "hard". You just have to twist your mind sometimes to find the solutions ^^.

Prince of Persia (the original) was really hard because with no save possibility, you had to learn the game by heart and you didn't have so much time to finish it (yes there was a timer).

For more old games : Joust on Atari 2600. When you have grinded 20-30 levels, it became really insane !
    Oh my that game was just so fun ! Especially with 2 players !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moarqqplz View Post
    geometry wars starts to get pretty insane later on
    This, I find it a bit random, but them damn snakes get me every time EVERY TIIIIIIME

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazgul View Post
    Ikaruga .. gets harder on co-op!

Classic! I don't think I ever really got that far, but I remember I enjoyed failing a lot

Same vein on the Saturn is Radiant Silvergun, now that's some hard shit!

Deleted
    Castlevania 2 simons Quest - seen this on AVGN and its a must play^^
    and "asshole Mario" - search for it on youtube^^

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember this one online game that was very hard and hard to figure out as well.
    Very strange game, can't remember the name, but it was an ASCII game which contained Falocn Punch Boss and Pedobear boss.

Other than that, most likely God of War in Titan Mode.
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by drhovertop View Post
    I'll echo the mentions of Ninja Gaiden(might as well mention all of them, even the NES versions)
    Oh, don't remind me. I've only played the 'original' Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox, but god dammit that was hard. The bosses kicked your ass throughly (I'm especially thinking of Alma when I first encountered her), and healing potions were few and far between. Hell, even the normal enemies could be a pain in the ass to defeat. I believe I started over again a few times as I became better, just to conserve healing potions enough for the boss fights, but in the end I managed to complete it. It had a very good balance between hard-enough-to-be-challenging while still being completable, but that's what I like about it.

Ninja Gaiden 2 (Xbox version) however is another story. The boss-fights are dead easy (I've never used more than a few tries on each boss, except for one or two bosses where I used more), and the normal enemies aren't worth much either. Health isn't a problem anymore, as you get healed up after each fight, and potions are easy enough to come by. I must admit that I was disappointed with the difficulty (or lack of it) when I began playing it.
    Last edited by Mewbaraue; 2010-07-09 at 12:26 PM.
    If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.