Page 1 of 3
LastLast

3 Years break, should I come back?

Next week I'm graduating from high school, and I'm already bored out of my butt so I'm considering coming back. I quit the game back in July 2007, during TBC. Originally I'm a vanilla player. Sadly when I quit, I deleted my main, thinking there's no way that I'll be back to WoW. Now I'm trying to decide whether or not I should try the game again. If it's bad now, I'll give up the idea and buy a PS3 instead. But then again, I want a virtual world to immerse myself in, and WoW usually delivers in that department.

So, EU players, how is the community doing? Are there new players/people leveling alts in the vanilla zones, or everyone are still busy decking their 80 mains with the latest gear? Would you recommend a someone to play WoW in its current status?

Wait for Cataclysm and level a Goblin/Worgen.

At the moment it's pointless, you'll hit 80, do some heroics and then Cata will be here with all of the new levelling content.
    Do it because you want to, not because you have to.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBestComeBackEver View Post
    Wait for Cataclysm and level a Goblin/Worgen.

At the moment it's pointless, you'll hit 80, do some heroics and then Cata will be here with all of the new levelling content.
    Grind heroics and fishing for full heirloom for the worgen? and the lich king fight i would say is worth it o.o

just wasting your money.. this game will make you even more bored... and buy a 360.. much better

Atm no, buy a PS3 enjoy other games, world of warcraft atm is kinda,.....boring imo. People are busy decking their 80 mains like you said, many of them mostly bored.

The leveling has becoming somewhat grindy again, and basically i'd wait for cataclysm imo for a brand new azeroth.

Pointless in coming back now, come back when cata is out

Just wait for Cataclysm launch day and roll on a new server.

If your really up for the challenge,

Roll either a Goblin or Worgen on Cata Launch day and aim for Level 85 First of that race Cool Feat to have.

Deleted
    I'm sort of in the same boat as you. Played a lot during vanilla and a part of TBC, after that I didn't play at all. I've been back in the game for I'd say a month or so now, and well, it's not that bad really. You're gonna have a lot of gearing issues, fair or not. Finding a decent guild is quite difficult at this point, because any sane guild with any decent progress requires decent gear for someone to fill their ranks, and any decent guild has decent progression. You might indeed want to wait for Cata to hit, it'll also be more fun leveling wise. But gamewise, I'd say yeah, give it a shot. It's not that awful really.

There's some really nice changes to the game out there, like dualspec and very quick catching up with gear, just by running heroic's. There's also very much shit around. Like GS, which almost forces you to wear the highest iLvl gear even if its not an upgrade (think off proc trinkets for instance), not to mention the ridiculous gear demands ppl got for pugs these days. Ofc these are just some examples whats good and whats bad, but there's more out there (I just cba listing them all :P)
    Inspecting raid instance floors since 2005

honestly, no

go enjoy being 18 / out of high school
    cokloc's videos: on WeGame.com on YouTube.com

evrybody is raiding.
    ICC is easy ( it realy is)
    epic items are not epic anymore
    and old zones are empty ( it's understandebel couse northrend is much cooler looking)

sorry for bad spelling

No.

There's zero benefit from deleting a character and obviously there is a downside if you come back. You're either not very smart or you rage-deleted your toon when someone killed you in PvP. We don't need any more players like you either way.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    evrybody is raiding.
    ICC is easy ( it realy is)
    epic items are not epic anymore
    and old zones are empty ( it's understandebel couse northrend is much cooler looking)

sorry for bad spelling
    Winterspring > Northrend

10+ Year Old Account
    you could wait for cata, but since you are bored now you could level to 80, and hit 85 asap when cata hits. with the dungeon finder etc leveling is easier then it ever was. There are a couple new players, but some are leveling alts aswell. You see alot of heirloom geared people. Gearing up is very easy and fun aswell now. If you think you still be playing when cata comes it say give it a go. If you are just planning to see what wotlk is about, im afraid you are a little late. But ofc if you are looking for an MMO wow is always a good choice i'm still loving it, after trying some other mmo's

Yeah wait for Cata. You can always go back and get all the WotLK titles and mounts at 85 in Tier 12.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thedankson View Post
    No.

There's zero benefit from deleting a character and obviously there is a downside if you come back. You're either not very smart or you rage-deleted your toon when someone killed you in PvP. We don't need any more players like you either way.
    Deleting characters has nothing to do with a person intellct. Diaf.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aendos.Silvermoon View Post
    If your really up for the challenge,

Roll either a Goblin or Worgen on Cata Launch day and aim for Level 85 First of that race Cool Feat to have.
    There's is no way you could get realm first Worgen/Goblin unless you're rolling a DK sadly =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    There's is no way you could get realm first Worgen/Goblin unless you're rolling a DK sadly =/
    There is. RAF level granting. Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say wait til Cata, or just go have fun in the game of IRL.

NO

Keep your nostalgic memories intact.

Quote Originally Posted by dgarner32 View Post
    just wasting your money.. this game will make you even more bored... and buy a 360.. much better
    PS3>360

Begone Microsoft fanboy.
    Last edited by Zeppelin535; 2010-06-26 at 09:15 PM.