Retri pvp @ lvl 30 and onwards

Hey guys!
    I've got a lvl29 paladin that I dusted of last night. I geared him up in the plate chest BoA and Leather shoulder Boa along with the Repurposed lava dredger. These were the Boa's I had lying around from my DK, Druid etc so they aren't perhaps perfect for my paladin but they are what I have right now anyway.
    Long story short, I had the pleasure of trying my friends paladin out in TBC when he had decent pvp gear and it was a blast, recent events made me remember these joyfull sessions and this is what made me dust of my old lvl29 paladin. After getting the Boa's equipped and the skills laid out I went straight for a WSG game and found myself surprised by the lack of attacks I had at my disposal. Most of the time I would simply seal up with justice and judge this every 10 seconds whilst standing in consecration and trying to time my hammer of wrath stun. As you understand, most of the time I would simply wait for my melee weaponswing and honestly, it feels a bit lackluster.

Have I missed something vital or is this how lvl29-30 paladin pvp is? Seal of justice, judgement of justice, hammer of wrath and consecration .. and thats it? Luckily, when I did hit, people took a fair beating and I ended up on a positive score but apart from this, it just feels like I don't have a lot of attacks right now, I mean.... judgement and autoattacks only?!
    Whats your take on this gents and ladies?!
    <Clampy> "I remeber when i first started my character and i was leveling as protection wearing spirit gear and it took me about a year to go from 1-30. but i didnt care! because everything was new and exciting and I WAS A WARRIOR!"

Yup that's it. Once upon a time, in early 3.1, you could also use exorcism on players. This led to pally twinks blowing up almost anybody else in a few GCDs.

Retri is incredibly boring at low levels, that's why they're making Crusader strike baseline in Cata.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike View Post
    Yup that's it. Once upon a time, in early 3.1, you could also use exorcism on players. This led to pally twinks blowing up almost anybody else in a few GCDs.
    once upon a time they added 3.2 where you could use exorcism back on player :O

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
    once upon a time they added 3.2 where you could use exorcism back on player :O
    Once upon a time, we were a balanced class.
    Oh no wait we still aren't

Cata wil fix it! (TM)

10+ Year Old Account
    on your way up to lvl 80 you should do great against melee classes assuming you have any idea how to gear, against ranged classes/healers however you will have allot more trouble. Once your at 80 & start running into players with 700+ resilience however your damage will nosedive, speaking from experience I have crit a mage for only 2k when I was wearing full t10/10.5 with a 264 weapon because he had a little over 1100 resilience. There is also the fact that because resilience cuts down your critical chance so much that you will rarely get consistent art of war procs for instant heals or exorcisms once your enemy has a decent amount.

Hopefully they do a much better job balancing us in cataclysm, lowering burst of all class/specs & lowering our self healing potential as ret or prot should allow them to give us more tools for gap closing & combating casters/healers. This should ensure that we are a little less godly when fighting melee but not complete cannon fodder when fighting casters/healers.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Even at 80 we lack pretty much all the important tools. Also stop using Seal of Justice use Seal of Command for now and get a the BoA axe.
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010

Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    on your way up to lvl 80 you should do great against melee classes assuming you have any idea how to gear, against ranged classes/healers however you will have allot more trouble. Once your at 80 & start running into players with 700+ resilience however your damage will nosedive, speaking from experience I have crit a mage for only 2k when I was wearing full t10/10.5 with a 264 weapon because he had a little over 1100 resilience. There is also the fact that because resilience cuts down your critical chance so much that you will rarely get consistent art of war procs for instant heals or exorcisms once your enemy has a decent amount.

Hopefully they do a much better job balancing us in cataclysm, lowering burst of all class/specs & lowering our self healing potential as ret or prot should allow them to give us more tools for gap closing & combating casters/healers. This should ensure that we are a little less godly when fighting melee but not complete cannon fodder when fighting casters/healers.
    In Cataclysm resilience will no longer reduce people's chance to be critically hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Thanks guys, Exorcism and the Boa axe helped, its coming together now. Earlier today I got 9-1 in WSG 30-39 bracket as lvl30 and that is a number I am quite happy with atm =)
    <Clampy> "I remeber when i first started my character and i was leveling as protection wearing spirit gear and it took me about a year to go from 1-30. but i didnt care! because everything was new and exciting and I WAS A WARRIOR!"