Thread: Trinkits

Trinkits

Tiny Abom in a Jar or herKuml War Token. IDK which since TaiaJ doesnt show on Maxdps.com

10+ Year Old Account
    First off you spelled trinkets wrong, and you also failed to mention your class, so we can't exactly help you if you don't give us the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerel View Post
    First off you spelled trinkets wrong, and you also failed to mention your class, so we can't exactly help you if you don't give us the info.
    Now, I'm a Druid, so this may not apply to the other classes in this game, but I think it's pretty save to assume that a post in the Paladin forums means he's a....

Hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Bashful View Post
    Tiny Abom in a Jar or herKuml War Token. IDK which since TaiaJ doesnt show on Maxdps.com
    maxdps hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaha

He's probably talking about paladins since it's in the paladin forums
    I'd say Taiaj, but you should link your armory character just to be sure

Quote Originally Posted by henern View Post
    He's probably talking about paladins since it's in the paladin forums
    I'd say Taiaj, but you should link your armory character just to be sure
    No matter what kind of gear he has, TAiJ will ALWAYS be better than the war token... I think..

10+ Year Old Account
    Can people please stop spreading stupid information? Maxdps.com is horrible. Horrrrrrible. A fireball mage spec doesn't even exist on that site.
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerel View Post
    He is posting in the paladin section of the forum, so I think he is a priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tiny abom.

Redoing my first statement because it wasn't correct. White and yellow dmg still means a lot for ret, but afaict, the across the board proc reductions really hurt both TAiaJ as well as Bryntoll and Nibelung. Still a decent trinket, I guess, but not BiS or even keeping up with the top trinkets like Herkuml, either DV or either WFS.

Edit: I rechecked (I was playing a mut rogue when it was nerfed, which would explain why I recall it not proc'ing anything except melee). For ret it does proc on CS/DS, but NOT at a rate that makes it magically awesome. The last statement of my post is more applicable to my rogue brethren than my pally brethren.

And I haven't found why the lastest RAWR isn't modeling it right such that the only value is listed as the hit so that if a person is hit capped, the trinket has zero value. Even still, I can't see it being a BiS trinket

Absolutely, go with Herkuml War Token. It's a top trinket and easily worth the badges.
    Last edited by Mackeyser; 2010-06-28 at 09:00 AM. Reason: correction

15+ Year Old Account
    you know that rawr is modeling taiaj wrong?
    and what made it superior for rets than for any other class was the fact, that it procced of seal applications, seal refreshings, seal ticks, seal procs and so on.

as long as you can't confirm, that THIS was changed, I don't see any reason for it for not being BiS anymore. even if you're at exactly 263 hit or even above without the trinket itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashful View Post
    What's your other trinket then?

this isn't even a thing to think about. Tiny abomination in a Jar is the best in slot trinket EVEN if you do not use 1 fucking point of its hit.
    and never use maxdps.com use rawr.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    Redoing my first statement because it wasn't correct. White and yellow dmg still means a lot for ret, but afaict, the across the board proc reductions really hurt both TAiaJ as well as Bryntoll and Nibelung. Still a decent trinket, I guess, but not BiS or even keeping up with the top trinkets like Herkuml, either DV or either WFS.

Edit: I rechecked (I was playing a mut rogue when it was nerfed, which would explain why I recall it not proc'ing anything except melee). For ret it does proc on CS/DS, but NOT at a rate that makes it magically awesome. The last statement of my post is more applicable to my rogue brethren than my pally brethren.

And I haven't found why the lastest RAWR isn't modeling it right such that the only value is listed as the hit so that if a person is hit capped, the trinket has zero value. Even still, I can't see it being a BiS trinket

Absolutely, go with Herkuml War Token. It's a top trinket and easily worth the badges.
    You have got NO CLUE. TaJ is like 500 dps better than any other trinket available doing some 8-10% of a rets total damage done.

hahaha, dude you've got to be fucking kidding me. are you serious?

'facedesk'

U mad bro?

15+ Year Old Account

Seriously. Below is the list of all Trinket rankings:

Tiny Abomination in a Jar(Heroic)>Tiny Abomination in a Jar>Sharpened Twilight Scale (heroic)>Death's Choice (heroic)>Whispering Fanged Skull (heroic)>Sharpened Twilight Scale>Death's Choice>Whispering Fanged Skull>Deathbringer's Will(heroic)>Herkuml War Token>Deathbringer's Will>DMC:Greatness (Strength)>Comet's Trail