Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Makes leveling new alts actually fun, instead of dicking around for 30 levels while your character feels nothing like your chosen spec at all.

Also, I'm all for removing passive talents that are almost mandatory when picking a spec. You have a choice when making a spec, and that's the right way, or the completely wrong way. At least this way, I won't have to play with players who pick the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by havokcla5h View Post
    I honestly don't see how this fixes anything.

They say that they are going to fix the trees by giving less talents and then force everyone to spend 31 points in the trees. This is just lame. Why don't they just remove talent trees altogether and just let us select what tree we want. This will take all the thinking out of it for us and let blizzard fine tune it to a degree where they don't have to worry about balance because everyone will have the same talents. In the end everyone will be running with the best spec for raiding or pvp for the tree of that spec anyways.

What blizzard should do is remove talents altogether and give us all the skills and let gear make the difference as to how we play period. We all know a class like a pally can tank, heal, or dps so why not just let their gear make them optimal for this?
    customization, my friend

I want to see this work, sounds like a good idea.

Can't help but to think of Warhammer Online talents/paths...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterbumps View Post
    @Shadowdream

Yes, and today each tree has 51-point talents. But can you pick up ALL the talents in a tree for 51 points? No.
    No, but do you pick the talents that are best according to EJs? Yes.
    There is no choice now, you pick the best talent tree, thats it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's amusing how much people will rage about a computer game like it was part of their integrity, as if the game is the only thing they have to their name. Pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else thinking someone big got fired at Blizzard? They'd never do anything like this before.. Deals with Facebook to try to draw in a few players but lose thousands in the process? Cut down talent trees? What's next? Kael'thas as a boss AGAIN?

There were a crap ton of random useless or seldom used filler talents. Good move. Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Im cautiously optimistic.

Of course, they need to fix Real ID first before moving on to other things.

This seems crazy at first, but locking you into the tree to start, its actually brilliant, instead of tucking away "cool" abilities at the bottom of a tree you can be fun from the start, potentially no more, enhance shammy sucking until level 40 when they get far enough down for dual wield.

O_o;

Damn Blizzard, pulling out all the stops on this expansion, aren't we? I'm pretty happy about this. No more randoms with [insert class here] that have points scattered haphazardly across every tree, doing/having poor [insert dps/health pool/healing] here. Penance at 10? Yes please.

They better let us get duel tree specialization at level 10 too because there is no way in hell I am going to level as a specialized resto druid or holy paladin, which I eventually intend to level.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with this change. People who do are just crazy and want a million things.

I like the idea in theory (getting rid of bloat, explaining to new players about talent trees) but I think in reality it will have a pretty big drawback: EVERYONE will have the same talent build for a particular tree... whereas now there are mandatory talents, after the change there will be mandatory builds.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash512 View Post
    This seems crazy at first, but locking you into the tree to start, its actually brilliant, instead of tucking away "cool" abilities at the bottom of a tree you can be fun from the start, potentially no more, enhance shammy sucking until level 40 when they get far enough down for dual wield.
    The talent trees now are lame and static. With alots of filler talents, no one reads the bonuses or anything. You find a specc from some website, and you choose those talents like a robot.

This is a much appriciated change.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    Very nice overall, but not letting you put points into other trees until you get 31 into your main tree is disturbing.
    This is really the only way they can give out spec-defining abilities from the start. Without this restriction, what's to keep someone from (for example) saying they are an enhancement shaman to get dual wield and then putting all their points into elemental or resto? This new system is kinda like a loan: "we'll give you top-tier abilities from the start, but only if you promise to actually spend enough points eventually to qualify for those abilities".

I agree that its too bad we don't have more freedom under the new system, but I think getting those key abilities from the start without having to worry about balance concerns where other specs could get stuff they shouldn't will out-weigh any negatives of these restrictions.

Overall, I think this should be a really cool change and can't wait to see the new trees! :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one like this change...bye bye elitists!

10+ Year Old Account
    i havent even experienced cata beta or anything and i can already tell that im going to have liked wrath better (which is sad)
    blizz needs to try and stop changing things that worked perfectly fine and work more on the things that are actually broken in this game

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    So we're basically doing 31/21/0 ish specs? Or are they reducing the talent points we get per level?
    Did you even read the entire post.