Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I like that idea, if not achievements at least feats of strength. I would like to see more class focused things such as titles and tabards

I think they should just have more random achievements in general.

As stupid as it sounds, I had heaps of fun cruising around hugging and killing various critters, as well as levelling weapon/unarmed skills.

Achievements have so much more potential to make the game fun, but it just seems like Blizzard is lazy with them

They could make a bunch more random easy to get ones, as well as a few insanely long and dedicated ones (ie. Insane in the Membrane)

Oh well, can only hope

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see this spawn a shadow of the character that acts as hostile to the target's faction, does the same damage and has the same abilities, but lasts for 15 seconds or until killed.
    XD

I can't wait to see if they implement the new priest talent that will spawn a shadow of yourself that moves towards the target and deals shadow damage. Any sort of clone in the game is cool, whether procced from abilities or trinkets.

I thought it would be more interesting to have more profession achievements.

Crafting Professions
    Alchemy
    "Healthy Living" - Recover a total of 250,000 HP by drinking Endless Healing Potions while under the effects of any Battle and Guardian elixirs. Rewards title: "Imbiber <name>".

Blacksmithing
    "Anvil You Temper It" - Craft 100 high level blue items (level 85 / iLevel 3xx) at 15 different anvils. Rewards title: "<name>, the Tempered".

Enchanting
    "Charmed, I'm Sure" - Enchant 25 of every type of item that can be enchanted, including at least 5 epic level weapon enchants. Rewards title: "<name>, the Charming".

Engineering
    "To The Stars, Bowen" - Activate your rocket boots from the back of a dragon- or drake-type mount, drop a Cobalt Frag Bomb from your Frag Belt and fire off your Hand-Mounted Pyro Rocket at an enemy before activating your parachute. Rewards title: "Dragonheart <name>".

"Scrolling Along" - Passively create 50 of each type of the following rank IX scrolls: Strength, Stamina, Agility, Intellect, and Spirit. Rewards title: "Scribe <name>".

Jewelcrafting
    "Socket To Me" - Put a Jewelcrafter only gem of each colour in every equipment slot, except relics, ranged and trinkets. Rewards title: "Refractor <name>"

Leatherworking
    "Hide And Seek" - Make 50 of every type of leather from scraps. Rewards title: "Tanner <name>".

Tailoring
    "Lands For Bags, Of Course" - Make 10 of every type of general storage bag in 25 different locations. Rewards title: "Baglady <name>" for female toons; "Bagman <name>" for male toons. The bonus here is that they have completely different connotations (Bagman has at least four different meanings in different English-speaking cultures).

Gathering Professions
    Mining
    "I'm Smelting, Smelting!" - Smelt 1,000 of every type of ore. Rewards title: "Smelter <name>".

Herbalism
    "Recovery Plan B" - Recover 250,000 health through the Lifeblood skill while under a high level herb gathering effect and in combat. Rewards title: "Weed Plucker <name>".

Skinning
    "A Keen Edge" - Skin 10,000 beasts, including at least 50 from each family and every zone in Azeroth, Outland and Northrend. Rewards title: "Hide-taker <name>".

Secondary Professions
    Archaeology
    "I Dig It" - Dig up 500 artifacts total in 25 different zones (not enough known about this secondary profession to come up with anything more specific). Rewards title: "<name> Jones".

Cooking
    "Burnt the Toast" - Bake 1,000 loaves of bread total in 25 different locations. Rewards title: "Baker <name>".

First Aid
    "The Good Samaritan" - Give back a total of 500,000 health to other players by bandaging. Rewards title: "Doctor <name>".

Fishing
    "The One That Got Away" - Let 10 fish get away in every fishable zone in Azeroth, Outland and Northrend. Rewards title: "Recaster <name>".

Disclaimer: I cannot guarantee that these are balanced.
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    XD

I can't wait to see if they implement the new priest talent that will spawn a shadow of yourself that moves towards the target and deals shadow damage. Any sort of clone in the game is cool, whether procced from abilities or trinkets.

I thought it would be more interesting to have more profession achievements.
    ^^^ This is the kind of stuff that I am talking about.

Stuff that isn’t related to anything crucial in the game, is fun, and in some circumstances still takes a bit of work to get.

You can easily get addicted to chasing achievement points, and gives you something else to do in the game.

I really hope that add some fun achievements to do with Archaeology.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    There should never be any achievements that promote sucking in a BG and distract you from winning such as playing with no talents and no gear.
    Personally I would be pretty cross with Blizzard if they actually added some like that and we had to deal with people pursuing them and making us lose.

BG achies should be 100% about winning and completing objectives as they are now.
    Because No Achievement is Completely Situational and Based on Total Luck.

no you no.... anyone should be able to get the achievment makeing it class = not all can get it = fail so again no....

Very cool idea.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Read your posts and glad most of you like the idea. However, you guys are right about the rewards and how it can be unfair to some classes who might have harder achievements. So, instead of a reward that is an epic mount/item the rewards should just be for aesthetic purposes and I got the idea from the poster above me =)

The reward for completing class achievements should end in a quest chain where you become renowned by your faction's class trainers and maybe have one final task such as collect these regents or defeat this monster. If you complete it you get a class title (some of them are not very good but I tried to do every class) :

Druid: "Archdruid <Name>" or "Dreamwalker <Name>"
    Hunter: "Expert Marksman <Name>" or "Beastmaster <Name>"
    Mage: "Magister <Name>" or "Archmage <Name>"
    Paladin: "Grand Crusader <Name>"
    Priest: "High Priest <Name>"
    Rogue: "Master Assassin <Name>"
    Shaman: "Elder Seer <Name>" or "Stormcaller <Name>"
    Warlock: "Dreadlord <Name>"
    Warrior: "High Warlord <Name>:
    Deathknight: "Scourgelord <Name>"

Some people might say that it might be lame if you only get a title, but they made a fair point that this has to be fair to players of all classes.
    Last edited by Vesheke; 2010-07-13 at 03:22 AM.
    Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice but the "!" at the end of the post made me think that it was actually being implemented. Damn trickery!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Would be nice but the "!" at the end of the post made me think that it was actually being implemented. Damn trickery!
    Ha! Exactly as planned!!!

Well, I would post this on the wow forums, but my account is not active right now. So anyone who wants to bring up this topic on the official forums feel free to do so, but make a post here as well telling me if you did
    Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Quote Originally Posted by manofmagic View Post
    no you no.... anyone should be able to get the achievment makeing it class = not all can get it = fail so again no....

They could make it that, you can only see your class achievements in the achievements screen (obv.), and make it that each class gets the same amount of possible achievements and achievement points.

This way, achievement point collectors are in no way disadvantaged/advantaged by being a particular class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesheke View Post
    "That's a sick puppy!": Win a duel with someone close to your level using only "Eyes of the Beast"
    Too bad this is gone in Cata...

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this Idea!

Warrior: Being Skilled: ''Succesfully kill a frost mage in any battleground.''
    "It is fortunate
    to be favored
    with praise and popularity.
    It is dire luck
    to be dependent
    on the feelings of your fellow man."

New one for priests -
    "Super Creeper" - make /moan emotes at X players under level 15

Shaman achievement: "Jesuslol" Die on one boss encounter and self res 3 boss encounters later.

Warrior - "Real men have chest hair" - defeat X players in a BG without nothing above the waist equipped

definitely a cool idea