What to do about dps?

Guys, I need a major help cause I don't know what to do to improve my dps. Here's my armory, and I use the unholy w/ reaping spec.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rsong&n=Mojica
    My guild is doing some heroic icc25, and my dps at static bosses i think is trash. On Saurfang i'm putting only 10-11k dps.
    My rotation is: PS-IT-BS-BS-SS-DC-HoW-SS-DC-SS-SS-DC.

I tried to change the order of SS and BS, but nothing changed.

About gear, i have a NES trinket, but dont know if it worth for unholy.
    So, what can I do?

Your gear looks to be good enough that a sub-Frost Reaping-less build will do better for you.

I'd keep DMC:G till you can get DBW or the new RS one. Just a guesstimate, only simming it can tell you for sure.
    Last edited by Wingwraith; 2010-07-14 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Change your expertise gems to pure strength gems. Exp is very low on Unholy SEP(Strength equivalent points).

Also, get Taiga bindings, it is sexy coupled with the aforementioned subfrost-spec, which makes haste > crit for you, that way you should change your str/crit to str/haste.

Also, do you use your cooldowns at the right times? Do you do a 180degree turn when summoning your Gargoyle so he doesn't melee the boss, and do you summon it while using potion of speed? Do you even use potion of speed? Do you pre-pot? Do you make sure your BA doesn't drop off? Do you use Blood Tap to make it *free* of cost instead of using an Unholy rune? Lots of things that could use a bit more polishing, nobody is perfect.

Also, at Saurfang, even at HC, you can spread your diseases to the adds if you time it right.

What I could say is, sim it, I don't think you will be getting a lot more dps than 12-13k in your gear.

And... get Necrosis. It's good. Seriously.
    Last edited by Pickwickman; 2010-07-14 at 07:09 PM.

I already tried to down a little my expertise, but always seems to lose dps... So i always try to keep at cap.

I got a mark to get a lvl 264 tier. What part should i replace to get better improvement? I was thinking about replacing my legs, so i can go exp cap and change gems to pure str ones. My fear is about Arp. Dont know really if it's so important to Unholy as it is to another specs.

Another question: If i go sub-frost, should i replace the DMC for the Herkuml?

10+ Year Old Account
    As unholy, Expertise really isn't your highest concern, you are losing dps by capping it.

Replace the +20 hit rating gem in your ring with +10 Strength +10 Hit and also the +10 Strength +10 Crit gem in your belt as this is better as far as min/maxing goes.

I'm not sure how big of a difference which tier piece you upgrade next is going to make so imo up the shoulders and hide the helm (it just looks better ).

ArP is a good stat for Unholy due to the large amount of damage you do from melee attacks, and it scales beautifully with scourge strikes physical portion.

HWT is better than DMC.

tl;dr Sim it

Meh, change your head to t10.264, it is 4str and 4arp more than the shoulders.

Get HWT, it is better than DMC, just as Ahpunch said. Also, his regem help is also correct.

Do note, you could read up on the latest news for unholy on the Elitistjerks.com forums. There you can also learn how to manage pets and cooldowns to get the most of your dps. Trust me when I say that misplaced Gargoyles can cost you 500+dps.

Overall SeP for UH: Hit(tillcap) >> STR >> ARP >> HASTE=CRIT >> EXP >> AGI
    With frost subspec Haste is better than crit, and with blood subspec crit is better than haste.

Have a good one,

Pickwick
    Last edited by Pickwickman; 2010-07-15 at 07:48 PM.