Holy Power in PvP

Just a few questions I had that I would like opinions on:

1) For Retribution Paladins do you think this will be an increased burst change?(like the Death Knight RP dump burst)
    2) For Holy Paladins do you think this will help you heal in a pinch?

How do other Paladins intend on using this new system to their advantage? I personally love this entire change, but that's just me.

A greater variety of tools is always a good thing. IMO the choice of which ability to use Holy power on will add a good bit of decision making into the class, which I fully support. I think, in particular, most pallies will tend to use the hard hitting holy power attack in arenas, whereas in BG's the increased ds dmg MIGHT see more use. Obviously in raids, there will be situations for all 3 holy power dmg abilities. Also, the free heal sounds like something that rets could make good use of, in a pinch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireWrites View Post
    Just a few questions I had that I would like opinions on:

1) For Retribution Paladins do you think this will be an increased burst change?(like the Death Knight RP dump burst)
    2) For Holy Paladins do you think this will help you heal in a pinch?

How do other Paladins intend on using this new system to their advantage? I personally love this entire change, but that's just me.

For retribution it will be used to give more variety on how we attack, similar to how rouges work in that we must use other weaker attacks to build it up then consume it to use a big buffed physical attack. The down side to this is we will have to get into and stay in melee allot longer then on live for max damage & in pvp especially because all ranged specs will get more cc and kiting tools then ever.

For prot it will be used to buff several CD based abilities like holy shield and gained much the same way by using other defensive abilities or attacks.

For holy it will be gained by using some other heals and helpful abilities and can be used to buff some heals or spent on a new aoe mana free heal that works much like shadowflame or cone of cold except that it heals (wont be very wide but can hit several ppl at a time if their in a line or clumped together)
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post

For prot it will be used to buff several CD based abilities like holy shield and gained much the same way by using other defensive abilities or attacks.
    Hopefully we don't see Prot in PvP at all anymore!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireWrites View Post
    Hopefully we don't see Prot in PvP at all anymore!
    Correction... Have you been watching the talents, if anything Prot and Holy will be the only two strong PVP trees for Paladins... Once again.

I can't wait to watch what Templar's veredict is gonna do to clothies, om nom nom meatballs[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Nöx; 2010-07-19 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nöx View Post
    I can't wait to watch what Templar's veredict is gonna do to clothies, om nom nom meatballs[COLOR="red"]
    I cant wait to mind spike pallys eating my fear.

nom nom nom dead pally.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Uridawnblade View Post
    Correction... Have you been watching the talents, if anything Prot and Holy will be the only two strong PVP trees for Paladins... Once again.
    You do realise aside 3-4 talent in the talent tree you see now, everything else will be changed for pally right, and YOU do understand that blizzard is completely overhauling paladins right??

If not go re-read some blue post and come back after, because everything you are looking at in pally tree is gonna change.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I cant wait to mind spike pallys eating my fear.

nom nom nom dead pally.
    Lool I love this post...full of win =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sexy_fish View Post
    Lool I love this post...full of win =)
    Sadly that is probably going to be true for all ranged classes and several melee classes yet again unless we get a better way to close distances and stay in melee.

So far all we know is that all ranged classes are getting more ways to kite and CC as well as a few melee classes getting more CC. Combine that with us losing most of our healing potential compared to what we have now and our attack system requiring we get in melee and stay there to do max damage & the fact that all our spells are losing dispel resistance.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    You do realise aside 3-4 talent in the talent tree you see now, everything else will be changed for pally right, and YOU do understand that blizzard is completely overhauling paladins right??

If not go re-read some blue post and come back after, because everything you are looking at in pally tree is gonna change.
    MOOOOOO

Yup i do realise that and i have been reading Beta forums and blue posts, its clear that Holy will be a strong PVP tree... Evidence is in the posts.

It's Beta, this will change for sure.

You're kidding right? Zealotry+wings+the summoned pet+ a base 20% melee haste = crusader strike, templar's veredict spam to death, not to mention improved HOJ on first tier now... And on top of that these rumors of an interrupt (I've yet to see a blue post on it)... It's going to be like the beginning of Wrath all over again.... Greeeeeaaaaat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlinsback View Post
    You're kidding right? Zealotry+wings+the summoned pet+ a base 20% melee haste = crusader strike, templar's veredict spam to death, not to mention improved HOJ on first tier now... And on top of that these rumors of an interrupt (I've yet to see a blue post on it)... It's going to be like the beginning of Wrath all over again.... Greeeeeaaaaat
    look into the talenttree, u have to skill the interrupt

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae.

Holy power in pvp is going to be extremely fun IMO. Depending on what the cd for crusader strike ends up being, we should be able to build it up real quick since I believe holy shock will also build it up. And all the abilities that use holy power will add so much depth to the playstyle. Do I keep on bursting with Templars verdict? Do I heal myself? Do I buff my holy damge overall. There are just so many things that holy power will allow us to do depending on the situation. Plus the ret tree just looks awesome overall. Pvp is going to be real fun and ret is going to have just a sh*t ton of burst in the right situations.
    Last edited by SuperJebba; 2010-07-22 at 06:32 PM.

True that SuperJebba. I am excited for Paladins! Finally, a new way for Ret to handle different situations.