Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I heard an Outbreak Glyph is in the design ideas to reduce it to a 45 second Cooldown. Was a while ago though.

they should revert PS to dispell HOTs again ;D

That would so be worth the major glyph spot IMO. Sure you lose out on 20RP (not counting % bonus) But I'm sure The extra OB will take care of that damage loss.

Quote Originally Posted by _Khasim_ View Post
    Definately looks like the initial rotation for Unholy PvE will be now IT->PS->BS->SS->FS->DC and after that it'll be just spamming two abilities +rune dump FS->FS->SS->SS->DC.
    Congratulations Blizzard, you've made our class even easier to DPS with. We need more reputation-destroying noobs! Aside from that, I like that we're gonna hit with larger numbers now, it's good for e-peen.
    You do realize Unholy is a fairly set rotation with little thought required, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post

Wtf? 1 Frost 1 Unholy? What are Blood DKs supposed to do with Runic Empowerment Frost Runes? We get Necrotic Strike for Unholy Runes, Death Strike still costs 2 Runes and now Festering Strike costs 2 Runes as well? Lame.
    Blood DKs are supposed to press Plague Strike for a free Blood Boil, and I would assume Icy Touch right after to keep the disease timers even.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

i think this is very very KEWL

i wish i was trying it out right now D:

ITs purly pvP because of the double rune cost.

Why wouldn't it be used in PVE?

Do people just spout random crap, without thinking about it all?

Festering strike uses 1 blood rune, and 1 frost rune. Scourge strike uses 1 unholy rune. Reaping activates on festering strike. Welcome unholy to the world of how blood used to be.

outbreak -> festering strike, scourge strike, festering strike, scourge strike, scourge strike, scourge strike, scourge strike, scourge strike.

Rinse and repeat, RP dumping as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Karramyn Langston View Post
    do you even realize that scourge is no longer a double rune ability =_=

Quote Originally Posted by Talkryn View Post
    Do people just spout random crap, without thinking about it all?
    Yes.

After three pages of people saying that this new strike will fit perfectly in unholys new PVE rotation, you come up with that.

Well played sir, well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Loith View Post
    I think what we are failing to see here, is that since this strike has been added, and it is mostly intended for Unholy, Is that Unholy is sitting in a much better boat as of right now for least rune minimum damage usage. Correct me if im wrong, But with Epidemic Pushing our disease time up to 48 seconds and our basic rotation will allow Festering strike to give us an extra 12 seconds of disease's That makes 60 full seconds of diseases.

60 seconds happens to be the cool down on Outbreak, Giving Unholy the extra two runes to use on higher damaging strikes per rotation. Say hello to never wasting time on single rune disease strikes again.

Now if they could only do something this cool for Frost I would be Very happy. As it stands PS feels like a HUGE waste of time and a Rune, Least make it worthwhile. Hell, If unholy doesn't have to use theirs why do we have to use ours? Heres hoping for a OB glyph that adds 6 seconds to strikes! woot.
    Because Epidemic is way too far down the tree for Frost (or Blood) to reach, amirite?

I think this strike basically makes 3/3 Epidemic go from a marginally useful talent for blood and frost to an extremely useful one. 3/3 Epidemic + 2xFeS = Outbreak can be used for diseases.

And to use up that 1 UH rune as blood, just put a few more points into UH for morbidity and use it on DnD. Or don't, really, just make sure you use FeS + DnD early enough that the DnD cooldown is up before you need to FeS again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldurok View Post
    Because Epidemic is way too far down the tree for Frost (or Blood) to reach, amirite?

I think this strike basically makes 3/3 Epidemic go from a marginally useful talent for blood and frost to an extremely useful one. 3/3 Epidemic + 2xFeS = Outbreak can be used for diseases.

And to use up that 1 UH rune as blood, just put a few more points into UH for morbidity and use it on DnD. Or don't, really, just make sure you use FeS + DnD early enough that the DnD cooldown is up before you need to FeS again.
    Using FeS means no Oblit or Death Strike...

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Using FeS means no Oblit or Death Strike...
    Which is made up by using Outbreak instead of IT + PS for diseases.

I haven't tried figuring it out for frost, mostly because I don't really know anything about dps, but it might not be worth it there.

For blood it's great though. Using Outbreak for diseases instead of IT + PS actually gets you an extra DS right off the bat, and using FeS gives you something to do with the Frost rune left over after DnD.

Now, if that one DS + HS would out-threat DnD + FeS, then you have a point I guess. But if DnD threat remains unchanged, then DnD + FeS will allow you to use DnD with its new 1 UH cost without messing up your rotation as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Mostly it makes me wonder what the new glyph for SS will be.
    If it stays the same, there will be no need to ever reapply diseases, with epidemic increasing their duration by a massive amount already.

honestly it if you think about it this way it kinda balances out the 3 specs(in terms of harder damaging abilities)

right now blood has DC, HS, DS three
    frost has OB, FS, and HB for three
    unholy only has DC and SS. since imo BS doesnt really count for shit besides refreshing 5% dmg increase and doing a little dps

but now unholy will have DC SS and FS making it a much more interesting tree in both PvP and PvE

Quote Originally Posted by JDPickle View Post
    If it stays the same, there will be no need to ever reapply diseases, with epidemic increasing their duration by a massive amount already.
    Welcome to the thread, let me introduce you to Festering Strike.

Unless you're saying that both glyphed SS and FeS will increase disease duration. In which case, "HOLY REDUNDANCY, BATMAN!"

Epidemic seems like just 3 wasted filler points for Unholy if FeS just keeps compounding the duration of the diseases then it doesn't matter how long they last if your popping 2 FeS in a 12 sec period your disease will nvr fall off but to it will take at least 12 sec to throw out 8 SS and at least 4 DC's not counting random RE procs and Sudden doom procs it would be 12 sec of just SS-SS-DC-SS-SS-DC-SS-SS-DC-SS-SS-DC (I think GCD in Unholy would be about 1sec could be wrong) and popping a Gargoyle will now take a lil thought since it costs 1 Frost and 1 Unholy Leave ya sitting there with a blood rune and no DR coming back from that Frost Rune (unless that's a tooltip error)

Quote Originally Posted by Aldurok View Post
    Welcome to the thread, let me introduce you to Festering Strike.

Unless you're saying that both glyphed SS and FeS will increase disease duration. In which case, "HOLY REDUNDANCY, BATMAN!"
    Don't count on current glyphs to survive the cataclysm. And when it's redundant, you can opt for a different glyph, right?

Beyond what other people have said, I would not count on festering strike infinitely increasing diseases. It is my guess with limited knowledge that it will either apply UP TO 6 seconds, or will apply it twice (allowing for 60 seconds with epidemic 3/3 (unholy talent)).

I would not expect much more then that at all, and for now in regards to cataclysm ignore all glyphs.

How would you have an Unholy dps rotation then, knowing that Scourge Strike will only cost 1 Unholy rune?
    It's a strike for both pve and pvp, without leaning more towards one or the other.