Page 1 of 3
LastLast

collectors editon worth it?

just wondering if this collectors edition would be worth it or not and how many buy them

To me its worth it because in 72 hours when all the CE's are sold out, you can jack up the price to an insane amount on ebay. Plus you get some cool stuff with CE's that blizzard sells. Like my SC2 CE, well worth its weight in price.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a poor college student, WoW is pretty much my only source of entertainment, so for me it's worth it to splurge on the extra goodies now and then.

The night WotLK released I was 7th in line, and only 6 CEs were available. The first 5 went to one family. I fully intend to pre-order the CE from Amazon this time around, regardless of whether or not it's more expensive.

Wasnt able to pre-order the CE in my city, it was a "If we get some, we will sell them at the launch". My gamestop got about 5 or so, most of them went to me and my roomates

10+ Year Old Account
    Have the contents of the collector's edition leaked yet? If so; what will in contain?

As a pet collector , I would say yes, it is worth every penny! Not to mention all the other interesting stuff you get with it besides the pet, Though I guess I can understand why some would see it as a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    As a pet collector , I would say yes, it is worth every penny! Not to mention all the other interesting stuff you get with it besides the pet, Though I guess I can understand why some would see it as a waste of money.
    The minute I logged in and let Frosty out of his cage, I was satisfied with my CE purchase

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    The minute I logged in and let Frosty out of his cage, I was satisfied with my CE purchase
    Oh I hear ya I'm still trying to persuade my other half that £800 for a Vanilla CE isn't alot of money ... most of the time he shakes his head and walks away... but sometimes when the beer is chilled and the mood is right..... well ya never know *grins*
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2010-08-03 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    Have the contents of the collector's edition leaked yet? If so; what will in contain?
    Nope

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    Then they shrunk him.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Frosty View Post
    Then they shrunk him.
    only have a few of the pet biscuits left from the cards that came with the CE, he used to look sweet in original form plus those things

Art Book, Soundtrack, In-Game Pet (plus possibly other unique items), possibly an authenticator, and other stuff? Worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Explosion
    "We're mostly water and bleach is mostly water, therefore we are bleach."

Oh I envy you all so, who are able to spend money so vigorously, I too agree that it is well worth the money if you have it, especially for things like the art book that is usually included, soundtrack is actually pretty easy to find from directory files ^_~ and behind the scenes is just amazing. Definitely going to buy Diablo 3 special edition

While I myself don't believe spending twice as much for a non combat pet is worth it, I'm considering buying a copy just to resell it at a later date.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't get wrath CE and I regret it. But now I have cataclysm pre-ordered for midnight launch and when blizz says they are taking out cataclysm CE I am going to have it all rdy pre-ordered (:
    socials
    TikTok flanleet | YouTube/Twitter/Instagram flan1337

Deleted
    Probably buying one to sell at a later date

I picked up a part-time job at Gamestop just to guarantee myself a collector's edition of WotLK but ended up quitting 2 weeks before it came out (tip of the day: NEVER work for Gamestop).

Oddly enough, I had 2 copies reserved at 2 different Gamestops but ended up going to the Walmart 2 minutes away at 11 p.m., wandered around for about 30 minutes and ended up 5th in line and was out the door with a collectors edition by 12:04.

Driving by all the people lined up around the corner of best buy not even let into the store yet honking my horn holding my collector's edition out the window was the best part and made it worthwhile.

And even if I'm not playing by the time Cata releases, I'll still try to get my hands on a collectors edition because people pay insane amounts of money on ebay for them.

[QUOTE=lorrel;8502219]
    Driving by all the people lined up around the corner of best buy not even let into the store yet honking my horn holding my collector's edition out the window was the best part and made it worthwhile.QUOTE]

Theres a word for this kind of person....

I have played since classic and never gotten a CE before, but am planning on getting one this time around, however I have a few questions for those who are familiar with the process.

Depending on the timing on the xpac hitting I will go the the Frys in Anaheim where the developers are and try to be there for that and i assume they have a good amount of CEs there

However if that doesnt happen I wanna know if I can preorder CEs from like Gamestop or only from places like Amazon

I am going to do the same thing I did with WoTLK.

Go to Walmart at 11:00 PM
    Get something to eat and drink
    Get in line at 11:10 PM
    12:00 AM strikes, and I buy my CE Copy
    Walk out of Walmart at 12:05 and bust a nut
    Drive across the street to Gamestop
    Wave it out the window while honking my horn
    Go home
    Install
    and wait for the server crashes and restarts to ensue.