Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just wondering about reforging: does the new stat stay green, or is it integrated in once you close the reforging window? Also, can you go back and restore a reforged item after logging out and back in, or is it permanent?

New Ysera model in too, she looks awesome.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    cpy: DX11 has been in for several patches. Right now they're still trying to get it to perform as well as DX9 does. However, DX11 has shown some scalability with Crossfire with 10.3 I believe it was.
    Gaiwyn: The new stat doesn't stay green. You can restore a reforged item later. Also, if you link the reforged item to someone, it doesn't show the reforged stats - it only shows the original item's stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you go on WoWTal.com, some classes have been updated. Warriors and shamans have been.

Reforging actually takes away 40% of a stat, not 50%, rounded down (If it can't get exactly 40%, it goes to the lowest step below 40%).

Quote Originally Posted by Resa View Post
    The streaming is only for use if you want to log in before you've finished patching - and its optional.
    There are internet speed requirements to run the streaming.

They'd never make someone use streaming just to prevent data mining - they'd kill off a portion of their userbase who are on cheaper ISPs.
    Not really. Imagine if it downloaded the Lich King encounter encrypted in the ICC patch, and only after someone cleared to Lich King on your realm did the server offer clients the decryption key. To the player, they'd not notice anything as the decryption would happen in a couple seconds and they'd not need to relog or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammurg View Post
    So it really is impossible to use the old beta patches and I can just as well delete them ?

16gb is most likely at least a 3-day project for me, my brother is constantly using half of the bandwidth and got to leave some for other stuff as well, so I'll have to cap it at 80kb/sec..sigh. 2mb connection for 4 PCs in one household is no fun.
    from the faq:

Q. Will I still be able to download patches from mirror sites?
    A. Yes, standalone patches will still work.

I'm guessing dont run the new launcher until you install all the patches.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    rimmer: The point is if you want to play beta right now, you have no choice but to use the new launcher and have it do the 15gb download. There is NO patch to go from yesterday's live beta, to current live beta.

This patch is ~13gb. There is currently no standalone patch as no one has completed the download, and posted on online yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Resa View Post
    rimmer: The point is if you want to play beta right now, you have no choice but to use the new launcher and have it do the 15gb download. There is NO patch to go from yesterday's live beta, to current live beta.

This patch is ~13gb. There is currently no standalone patch as no one has completed the download, and posted on online yet.
    well that sucks, at least i can leave it downloading when i go to work soon i guess.

Ysera doesn't look great. She looks a bit placeholderish (shoulders especially), torso and lower body is just a reskinned Alextrasza. And being a NE with BE animation is dissapointing.
    Last edited by hiZis; 2010-08-05 at 06:39 AM.

How much did that reforging cost..?

15+ Year Old Account
    Ysera is the sex. WTB her model for female NE's

Deleted
    ... I really hope they don't screw up their own fucking lore by having Ysera's eyes open all the time. They mentioned time and time and time again in the official lore/novels that Ysera always has her eyes closed and only opens them on very, very, very rare occasions.
    Don't fucking mention this stuff all the time if you don't wanna stick to it.

Also, yeah, while the Night Elf look, the horns etc. is well done kinda sucks that they simply rehashed Sylvannas/Alexstrasza's model and added the Druid T8 shoulders.... doesn't as major a character as Ysera deserve something more? FFS Garrosh got his own unique model.
    Last edited by mmoca812163483; 2010-08-05 at 06:42 AM.

Ysera now beats Alexstrazsa as the hottest female model in the game.

Sorry, im not fond of the slutty Ysera blood elf model at all. I would take the standard green dress NE any day.

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Ysera <3

@Ysera: WoW! <3 Blood Elf Model with Night Elf skin? The Ears are different <3 But why aren't her eyes closed?
    @Night Elves: Are our (night elf-)Models also updated? Maybe little more details.. like Blood Elves or Draenei..?
    @Warriors: Didn't see Class-Changes the last updates, does it mean we (Warriors!) are fine so far?

I do like how Ysera and Alexstrasza have the same armor sets, apart from shoulders, of course.

How much is that reforging? for pretty much all of the screens it shows 1G then on the final screen it's well over 10k which is insane for a reforge, how much does it cost?

15+ Year Old Account
    Do I understand the info about streaming data right? I only have to "stream-download" it once and it works like the normal game, not like the trial version. So basically it changes the patching method and the game will be completely installed?

All I can say is, Ysera's Dragon model had better look awesome when it's redone.