Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokkor View Post
    WTB phasing in dalaran. I lag like shit there
    reroll engineering
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=40895
    i also used them in WG, helps so much.

Depends on how much phasing there will be. you rarely see anyone running around in the world anymore, because of dungeon finder, other teleports and flying mounts. most ppl are fking around in cities. if they put phasing on top of that, this game will feel even more like a single player game. i couldnt care less about people killing my quest mobs etc. its an MMO. i want to meet allys that i can kill, and hordes that i can group with...

Cata: phasing, teleports, flying mounts. no world pvp, you never see anyone = BORING. Yes i have already canceled my account because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by 5648945621 View Post
    Cata: phasing, teleports, flying mounts. no world pvp, you never see anyone = BORING. Yes i have already canceled my account because of this.
    Phasing is only rarely a problem, usually the questlines get done quickly (They're the "Big XP"-sort or like the Sons of Hodir chain give other benefits that people really want), and i can't think of any phasing quests that require you to group, if that is reason to quit WoW (Oh yeah, ganking lowbies is dead, O M G), you won't really be missed much.

What's with the "You never see people"-argument anyway? i see them at daily-hubs (Some of them, the tournament is still good money), in instances and in cities, even before LFD-system and phasing that was where people were because there was no reason to be anywhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by grimhound View Post
    I'm entirely serious.
    I find that hard to believe.

Deleted
    1/10

Deleted
    Depends on how much phasing there will be.
    I actually agree with this and the OP. An MMO is not and should never be a single player experience. While levelling you may do a lot of quests by yourself, but at least you have the option to do almost all of them with other players. Cata phasing/phased questing will decrease this yet again - maybe substantially. I would *hate* to be a total MMO or WoW newbie levelling in Cata with no one around to help you much of the time.

Also, how are you meant to fight the enemies or strike terror into newbies walking into the wrong part of the zone on pvp servers if you cannot see them? People used to join pvp servers to learn how to avoid being ganked and gank themselves. In fact, what's the point of pvp servers at all these days, especially once Cata arrives?

All activities in the game have now been carefully walled off from each other or instanced, leading to minimal social interaction with new people. Worse, it generates behavioural expectations that strangers are not to be trusted, are not worth your time unless their GS is significantly better than yours, and can be safely treated like dirt because they are not people you are likely to ever interact with again. The cross-realm LFD tool is a big source of these problems, but they started a long long time ago.

Next I wouldn't be surprised if WoW adds player and/or guild housing - fail!
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-08-13 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Phasing is only rarely a problem, usually the questlines get done quickly (They're the "Big XP"-sort or like the Sons of Hodir chain give other benefits that people really want), and i can't think of any phasing quests that require you to group, if that is reason to quit WoW (Oh yeah, ganking lowbies is dead, O M G), you won't really be missed much.

What's with the "You never see people"-argument anyway? i see them at daily-hubs (Some of them, the tournament is still good money), in instances and in cities, even before LFD-system and phasing that was where people were because there was no reason to be anywhere else...
    let me guess, you're a pve hero that plays on a pvp server? and yeah, ganking will be dead in cata, world pvp died long time ago. not that im interested in ganking.

Quote Originally Posted by gharld View Post
    tbh the only thing that would ruin my wow experience is for blizz to put copy rights somehow on all their races thus preventing me from seeing draenei hentai..........yep
    this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grimhound View Post
    In the videos of Cataclysm and with our experience with Wrath, there is a group of players who became ex-players because the world lost what made it wonderful. It lost its population density.
    yo not making any sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    yo not making any sense...
    He must be, most of the playerbase is still quite dense!

Make it so you can see people in your group regardless of what phase there in and I don't see the problem.

let me guess, you're a pve hero that plays on a pvp server? and yeah, ganking will be dead in cata, world pvp died long time ago. not that im interested in ganking.
    Actually i'm a "PvE hero" (Nice derogatory tone there, BTW) on a PvE-server, but this sort of whine-thread would have every form of convenience in the game removed again for some cheap "Lol, pwned that noob!"-thrills, the WoW-servers can't handle actual world-PvP anyway, the whole Wintergrasp-saga should be enough proof of that, so all the world-PvP that there can ever be is ganking or camping meeting stones at raid-times, anything else is fenced in, instanced or not.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    TBH the only thing that would ruin my WoW experience is for Blizz to put copy rights somehow on all their races thus preventing me from seeing Draenei Hentai..........yep
    I just created an account here, just to be able to agree with this statement.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Skipped past the last few pages but I love how in the beginning of the thread people completely ignored the posts saying phasing works differently in cata than it works in WotLK

And to the people saying you'll dislike not seeing anyone while levelling: 'cause you see such a huge abundance of people when you quest your way through 1-58 right now, eh? ;p

If anything you'll see more people than now, because phasing and new quests will make the whole process more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulf View Post
    Make it so you can see people in your group regardless of what phase there in and I don't see the problem.
    Yea, I think that's what Blizzard is planning on. Or more accurately a way to share your phase with the rest of your group. I haven't seen the feature integrated into the beta just yet, but I have a feeling it's only a matter of time.

The whole issue with "world PvP" is kind of silly. If your questing in the same area, you're going to run into players of a roughly equal match, same as before. If you enjoy obliterating players who are far below your level, you'll just have to learn which zones don't phase that much if ruining other player's good time is that important to you.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Go back to sleep, troll.

Deleted
    Forum trolls ruined WoW for me.

Phasing, on the other hand, is a wonderful storytelling tool.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to fucking complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.
    hhaha i see what u did there lol

op. phasing doesn't ruined the game people like you that get half way in a quest chain and never finish it so they are stuck in the middle and cant see anyone around them are the only ones with the problem.

cause if u do a long quest line, there will be people on the phase side and people that haven't done the quest. you are probably in the middle where people don't stay .

so go an finish your quest and stop crying

Deleted
    Phasing is the best thing that could happen to WoW after the glory days of Vanilla WoW.

As for helping lowbies, they arent phasing the entire world, quest by quest.