Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Methinks some people around here take too adherent and determined an approach to the application of polish upon Blizzard's proverbial knob.

phasing = "oh we can't use the icc summoning stone"
    phasing = "oh i can't help you with that quest"

That is all. Besides these two things that I have encountered, it is, as stated above, a great story telling mechanic. Everyone used to see the same game, but with phasing, you can see how your progression through the story has affected your environs. OP, see it for what it is. Obviously you're not raiding 25s if you think you're not experiencing content "along with the multitudes". People don't chill out in random zones anyway... :S

Quote Originally Posted by grimhound View Post
    I've seen TotalBiscuit's videos of the beta. I've seen Gilneas completely desolate and abandoned as if the game were taking place in some bad private server because everyone phased out. I paid to get away from that, but it appears there is now no difference between playing on a legit and a private server.
    Lol, I have done all of the gilneas quests and the only time people are removed is when the part of the land that they were standing on has fallen into the ocean. Other than that, I could see other people around me. I even did the evented quests with people that weren't even in my party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to fucking complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.
    I would have prefer a Mauve.

No.

Good bye then, I don't want your stuff, don't bother to write back and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

15+ Year Old Account
    I kinda of agree with you,on a small server when you are phased, I do not see alot of people.It would be nice to see other people in other phased zones,not all of them but those that have every few changes.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParty View Post
    I would have prefer a Mauve.
    We could quit the game together in protest?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    Actually no.

Some people have complained about phasing when they go back to helping a friend with a group quest. They see a cleared out meadow and their friend sees the boss and adds for the quest and neither person can see each other. I haven't had this issue, but it seems a valid complaint.

...or when you try to summon people to ICC without a lock. The four people who go out there are all in different phases and no one is able to see anyone else to summon. This is just annoying and needless. Blizzard could have just made the entrance area be outside of all phasing (ie editing the phases to ignore that particular spot and only have one phase for the entrance).
    Didn't they say they were fixing this in Cata? The ability to help/see your phased party? Look it up.

I personally like phasing and think it brings many great additions to the game. The only time I've had a problem with it is outside ICC. Phasing makes questing not only more enjoyable but more streamlined. So I don't think that newbies will even need much help anymore. This is good because now new players who have no high level friends to help them won't feel like they are stuck in a rut that is impossible to get out of. Phasing doesn't destroy group questing either, if you and your friend are the same level you can progress in the story along with each other without error. I see no way that phasing used in the correct places could have any negative effect on my WoW experience.

TL;DR: Phasing helps lowbies more than you ever would.

Isn't the entire goblin starting area completely phased out of existence unless you are a level 1 goblin?

Deleted
    Methinks some people around here take too adherent and determined an approach to the application of polish upon Blizzard's proverbial knob.
    Well forgive us for enjoying an excellent application by a company we've enjoyed for six years or more. Nobody is calling Blizzard gods or anything here, It's just that this particular idea is a good one.

...Cataclysm. The entire game has been destroyed...
    Pun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moaradin
    What do you do when you see a Xbox 360? You turn 360.2 durr

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen TotalBiscuit's videos of the beta. I've seen Gilneas completely desolate and abandoned as if the game were taking place in some bad private server because everyone phased out. I paid to get away from that, but it appears there is now no difference between playing on a legit and a private server.

Beta Realms are almost always empty when he begins recording, have you looked at the times when he records?
    1am-4am on weekdays, almost the same time every time too.
    I'd be surprised to see one person in Live nevermind Beta Realms at that time, irregardless of phasing (in Questing zones)

Phasing doesn't get rid of players, it just makes them invisible if they are doing certain quests (such as killing spiders which on your phase aren't there) but this is so you feel like you've made a difference.
    I myself hated how you'd do something and it would make no difference at all, Phasing is the best techno WoW has made, it makes it more immersive than most other MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by kriissii1 View Post
    Pun?
    Probably gonna be slapped by a mod for this, but.. nice catch there. Quite funny.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParty View Post
    I myself hated how you'd do something and it would make no difference at all, Phasing is the best techno WoW has made, it makes it more immersive than most other MMOs.
    Yeah its totally awesome not seeing people who are in the same area. Really immersive. I can't wait to level my 3rd alt and not see anybody else until level 60 unless I'm in a town.

Don't sweat the small stuff

I'd quit the game too if i only hung outside of ICC and no one was there to play with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    Yeah its totally awesome not seeing people who are in the same area. Really immersive. I can't wait to level my 3rd alt and not see anybody else until level 60 unless I'm in a town.
    What are you on about? That is well blown out of proportion.

You remember how the beginning of Wotlk the place would bug out cause of too many people at once, and how when it was working it was impossible to kill anything because everyone else (WHO WERE VISIBLE BTW) got em first?
    Well think that, but every new starter zone too, that is how cata will be.

I'll admit. The true beauty of this is that on PvP servers, players from vanilla can just refrain from doing any quests and be phased to the lowest level of the new areas to gank without fear of retribution or reinforcements.

Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    You are over exaggerating, out of the thousands of people on your server The chance that you will meet someone on the same quest as you is quite high. Not only that but you are assuming almost the whole world will be phased. Totally not true. Most likely only quest lines and minor areas you'll never visit again will be phased. Phasing helps the game more that it's "hurting" it.