Poll: Have you ever been hacked

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I'm not using the default windows applications to control this thing. There are some really good and cheap software, that has been proven almost bulletproof against most hackers. I'm not going to tell names, because if you want to be secure, you'll have to learn to do most of the work by yourself.
    Contrary to the popular belief, a home PC is actually easier to defend from hacking then a large computer network or a popular web site.
    Cheap? As in it costs money? That seems to be most people's problem with buying Authenticators.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by w00faz View Post
    You would not use one if u dont have smartphone or are not in list of countries which blizz ships to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Cheap? As in it costs money? That seems to be most people's problem with buying Authenticators.
    http://elitistjerks.com/blogs/koasch...r_edition.html

Boom, free Authenticator. No smartphone required, all you need is a google account.

I've never been hacked, but I bought an authenticator because I don't want to risk it. Oh man, I have to spend 3 seconds typing in 6 digits into a box after I'm typing in my password, what a major waste of time.

I'm in the "Get an iPhone and a free authenticator club".

I have been hacked several times but since i started copying and pasting my password it has never happened again....thats free to do

*omg my 1st post!!!!

I'm not using the default windows applications to control this thing. There are some really good and cheap software, that has been proven almost bulletproof against most hackers. I'm not going to tell names, because if you want to be secure, you'll have to learn to do most of the work by yourself.
    Contrary to the popular belief, a home PC is actually easier to defend from hacking then a large computer network or a popular web site.
    That makes no sense at all. If you want to be productive you could share the details of your system, otherwise I'll just assume you have no clue what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastu863 View Post
    I have been hacked several times but since i started copying and pasting my password it has never happened again....thats free to do

*omg my 1st post!!!!
    Copy pasting your password has nothing to do with it because a keylogger can detect that too.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went 3 years without an authenticator and didn't get hacked. Bought one as soon as they were available and still have not been hacked. Never hurts to be careful...

The computer I play games on is an entertainment machine, so I don't do anything wayward on it at all. I got hacked from an addon from Curse (DBM). My other computer does this, that and the other and rarely gets anything, though it probably should with all the shit I do with it.

Better rename thread to

Who here is an overconfident idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post
    Better rename thread to

Who here is an overconfident idiot
    It seams people who got hacked get really offended by this thread lol. Anyway I pointed out that I find it interesting that 25% of people who have taken this poll has been hacked, that's a lot more than I expected!

Played since Vanilla, owned 3 accounts, never been hacked once. Do not own Authenticator, nor any high end software.

Just don't be stupid and you're safe.
    Rawr. That is all.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is that if you don't have an authenticator, people really believe *they* are the reason they haven't been hacked. Like they're doing something right, but yet when they inevitably do get hacked without one, they'll be here posting "BUT I DONT GO TO MALICIOUS WEBSITES!"

Quote Originally Posted by w00faz View Post
    You would not use one if u dont have smartphone or are not in list of countries which blizz ships to.
    Unless your phone is REEEEALLY old or EXTREMELY shitty you can run the official java authenticator available from blizzard...no need for a smartphone. I'm running it on a Nokia 5350, which is a really crappy 80 euros worth of phone.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been hacked twice, both one right after the other.

Still have no idea how though, I don't check the emails, I'm not stupid with web pages, and I didn't share my account with anyone.

I did however share my computer with a 13 y/o who likes to randomly download and install stuff... so that might be how.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Still have no idea how though
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    I did however share my computer with a 13 y/o who likes to randomly download and install stuff
    Sherlock Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring View Post
    That makes no sense at all. If you want to be productive you could share the details of your system, otherwise I'll just assume you have no clue what you're talking about.
    I have a perfect clue what I'm talking about And I shared enough details. Most of you won't be able to setup the application correctly even if I tell you the exact name, so it doesn't matter.
    Think about that : What software is capable of controlling every process in your system ?
    Outgoing connections, incoming connections, DNS requests, system wide protocol rules, all kinds of interprocess communication like memory injections, driver loads, keyboard logging, direct disk access, OLE automation control, DDE communication, launch of network enabled application, checking every application with rules for change by a hash algorithms/digital signature, restricting changes/access to important folders for everything but specified applications, blocking access to the registry/startup/services/processes for everything by default. And preset rules for thousands of applications if you're lazy to do it yourself. Even if a trusted application is doing something wrong, it will be blocked. Detailed logging of internal events, packets, blocked/allowed content and more. It tells you what application accessed what and when, in which direction was the connection and where it was going or coming from, on what port and protocol...
    So yes, it doesn't matter even if i download the virus and click on it. It will be blocked and I will be asked to setup rules for it. And it's blocked not because the application think it's a virus. It doesn't have a clue what it is. It's just blocking everything by default and letting me decide.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-08-25 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Explain mr.smartass how can anybody "hack" u if u dont click unknown links ?
    With the modern advertising systems even the most trusted sites can become risky places. You don´t even have to click those ads.
    THERE IS NO 100% SECURITY ON THE NET!! You can try your best, but your safety will never be guaranteed.

It´s stupid to forgo an authenticator. And yes, you can compare it to the real world. Or do you think you didn´t pay for the locks and the anti-theft devices in your car?

I have a perfect clue what I'm talking about And I shared enough details. Most of you won't be able to setup the application correctly even if I tell you the exact name, so it doesn't matter.
    Yeah, we're all stupid and you're brilliant. I'm gonna go with: You're about 14 years old and have no clue what you're talking about.

I started playing at the beginning of BC, and I wasn't hacked until just a few months ago, when I moved in with my boyfriend and started using a mac, I got hacked again recently, and smartened up and started using an authenticator.