Thread: Disc Charts.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Disc Charts.

So im wondering, as a disc priest im always at the bottom of the chart never had complaint or anything. Always in the 3k on healbot in 25mans. But anyways, just did 25 heroic loot ship. (easy? I iknow right.) But this guild couldnt down it. As healers there were 2pallys 2priest (1holy 1disc me) and 1shammy. Now shammy had 6k pallys had 4k i holy priest had 3.4k and i had 3.1k. Guild blame me for my heals being to low. Is this true or are they just slow and dont know what a disc priest is for? For the recorded yes i shielded non-stop and PoM on CD Penance was mostly on CD but way to much damage going out to put it in my main rotation. Also kept renew on tanks at all time. Not QQ promise. Just pixiles and im just wondering =)

Firstly, yes it is easy! It is even puggable.

Secondly, you should get the Guess Absorbs add-on for recount.

Thirdly, a guild that believes meters are everything and doesn't understand the importance of the roles of a disc priest definitely won't progress far into ICC. Wiping on 25 Heroic Gunship simply proves this.

Fourthly, renew....?

Sounds like terrible DPS or Tanks was the problem.

DPS cause wipes on loot ship for by not killing the adds

Sounds like your guild may just be filled to the brim with bads. (although the Shammy healer might be okay, was he one of the ones that doesn't quite understand Disc priests or was he just shutting up to avoid the steamroller of ignorance from the rest of the raid?)

In either case, let them know that all of us on the forums are laughing at them. Then when they gkick you, count your blessings and join a good guild this time.
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

I use Skada to link meters that include Absorbs. Trust me, our disc priests are ALWAYS at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by tremors View Post
    So im wondering, as a disc priest im always at the bottom of the chart never had complaint or anything. Always in the 3k on healbot in 25mans. But anyways, just did 25 heroic loot ship. (easy? I iknow right.) But this guild couldnt down it. As healers there were 2pallys 2priest (1holy 1disc me) and 1shammy. Now shammy had 6k pallys had 4k i holy priest had 3.4k and i had 3.1k. Guild blame me for my heals being to low. Is this true or are they just slow and dont know what a disc priest is for? For the recorded yes i shielded non-stop and PoM on CD Penance was mostly on CD but way to much damage going out to put it in my main rotation. Also kept renew on tanks at all time. Not QQ promise. Just pixiles and im just wondering =)
    1. Sounds like your raid was bad, I have 2 healed 25 Heroic Ship battle
    2. Recount doesn't show absorbs without an addon, try setting up a world of logs account for your Guild it shows absorbs

- Semi Retired Heroic ICC Disc/Holy Priest
    3. In any fight where there is AE dmg shielding like crazy is great, you absorb dmg, and you put on buffs that increases other healers output. Disc priest are really nice for 25 mans and they're easy as hell to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, what was killing your group? The debuff/damage that the Allie ship puts on tank can really hurt and needs to be healed even after back on Horde side. Where healers pulling aggro? Did DPS move from damage? Sure the fight is easy, but you still need to move/ heal correctly...

Any random trade pug manages to kill this "boss" on heroic. Even if you were afk you couldn't be the reason they wiped.

Run wol you go from bottom to the top.

There is little damage on that fight if done correctly, seems like a lot was going wrong

get skada its has a tab that shows healing and absorbs we have a disc priest in hour guild and the combined absorts he does and healing compared to some poeple he is very high actualy so tell your guild that they are brainless
    I DESERVE A FUCKING MEDAL !
    *unwraps it*
    omnomnom chocolate!!!...

The riflemen on the edge of their ship must be killed, they're easily overlooked by anyone who's new to the fight.

Deleted
    Use Skada instead of recount

Renew is a complete waste as Disc - whenever a tank has jumped over to tank Muradin, spam FHeal/Penance to stack DA and be ready with PS if the DPS is a bit slow on the Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with Renew on tank if you have an extra GCD.

If there's nothing to do, there's lots of non-optimal things you can do to pad the meters. I like to Mind Vision adds on Gunship when I'm bored.

Disc priests are notorious of being the lowest HPS/healing done on Recount because it does not count absorbs.

Next time you play, check out the pallies spells used. Like if they are beaconing on a regular basis, judging for 15% haste, and finally if >80% of healing comes from Flash of Light, they are doing it wrong.

I have been spat on before just because an addon is telling me that I am not doing my job correctly, even if it is not programmed to show it.

anyone who takes disc into much account on a meter does not really understand how it works. first if they look at healing only of coarse you will be bottum it doesnt show all the absrbs u do, which is effectively healing, but if u look at an absorb+healing meter it is also skewed since one its only guessed absorbs so it isnt 100% accurate with the current in game mechanics and 2ndly even though a disc priest does do an enormous amount of absorbs its not like it is WAY OP or that if u win as disc ur super good its that it will always have first dibs on incomming damage, a druid can prehot a pally can precast but noone can do even 1 point of healign until ur bubble is gone. my points is a good disc can work wonders for a raid, but a bad disc can spam pw:shield on anyone with out WS and he will still do more healing+absorbs then any other healer, its just the way disc works.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Disc priest are really nice for 25 mans and they're easy as hell to play.
    They are hard to master though