View Poll Results: Which will be the best game?

Voters
46. This poll is closed
  • Cataclysm

32 69.57%
  • Guild Wars 2

14 30.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnZent View Post
    Time to be objective and not subjective guys.

In my opinion, Guild Wars 2 will win by far.

OT: This will cause a flame war just like all other VS threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

You saw the video of bunch of 30-50 people killing the arcany ethereal pink dragon in GW2? Compare how raids in WoW require organization, discipline and brain storming to find good tactic to kill bosses.

Now if you saw that clip on YouTube and I'm sure you did, this is far from anything in WoW raids. It’s hectic, headless chickens running here and there with no tactic at all other than mash you biggest dmg spell on your "10 spell max bar!!" The irony at the end they managed to succeed killing the dragon (flying away) and chest drop from him that everyone in this army of headless chickens got an epic item!! Apparently they are using the same loot drop mechanic that has been used in GW1 which was epic loot for everyone participated in the instance.

Good luck with that..!!

Quote Originally Posted by aimless View Post
    No way ? WoW sucks, vanilla sucked, TBC sucked more, Wrath of the lich king sucked even more and what will cataclysm do ? Suck a camel ?
    That sentence made so much sence...

Vanilla you don't even know shit about, because you didn't even play before TBC (I know this guy IRL), in TBC you didn't raid anything except the severly nerfed raids, and WotlK was pretty bad indeed, but you just went on ninjaing and being a prick against everyone so I can't really say you got the good experience of it. Don't accuse the game for being bad when you didn't experience it properly.

Applying your logic to GW, GW1 was extremely boring except for maybe 1 week at a time. Then GW2 has to be pretty shit doesn't it?

Troll less please.

---------- Post added 2010-09-02 at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    "10 spell max bar!!"
    Don't forget that 5 of them depends on your weapon (from what I've heard)!

Go suck a camel ficking lier bich XDD
    Tissen til Tonjemor er best!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slazky View Post
    blaablaa some IRL friend chit chat
    GW1 was extremely boring except for maybe 1 week at a time.
    Looks like you experienced GW1 just as well as "your friend" has experienced WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slazky View Post
    Then GW2 has to be pretty shit doesn't it?
    With that logic, because WotLK sucked, Cataclysm will suck too, ironic.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2010-09-02 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Looks like you experienced GW1 just as well as "your friend" has experienced WoW.

Going with that logic, because WotLK sucked, Cataclysm will suck too, ironic.
    Except that my friend has played WoW a very long time, way more than 1 week before taking a break again.

Don't you find if we go with the same logic again, GW2 will suck? You said exactly the same as aimless did.

Again people just argue for the game they prefer.

However to get over with a few things; I do not argue for GW2 because I don't like WoW, I argue for GW2 because that game in my opionion has the best potential, and then there will be more positive arguements on GW2 than WoW, which pretty much explains itself...

Next up, as this is being a "Cataclysm vs Guild Wars 2 - Which do you think will be the best game?" thread, it's not relevant with personal preferences regarding the graphic. Realistic is of course BETTER than the WoW graphic wheter people like it or not, even though they may prefer it another way.

Further, when it comes to leveling curve, that is also based on personal preferences, but you don't really know anything about further leveling and raiding in 80 when you're level 10 in WoW, so I would consider that as irrelevant.

When it comes to READING quests that's even worse than what mentioned above. I am pretty sure that every player except the very worste geeks actually care to read the purpose of the quest, when getting the five logs doesn't give you the ability to build a bonfire and cook some rabits on it or whatever, which is to be the purpose on GW2 questlines. (You get the point even though the example sucked)

Regarding the introduction of new stuff to GW2, I would say that jumping and swimming should be there from the begining, and that's not nessesarily a bigger improvde than Cataclysm will be, but how come people in general are annoyed at it then? Should mean that it's imporant to the gameplay. However, the (hopefully) new classes together with four new races is a nicer improve, than swimming/jumping in my opinion. In addition, all classes will be more or less completly new, while WoW will have some talent tree changes and probably rotation changes, but still the same classes basicly.

Well, I have not read much about Cataclysm, which is basicly because I am tired of WoW itself and I want to try something new and totally different. I may therefor not have been able to argue totally relevant on everything, but I argue of what I know or have heard about Cataclysm. CC was missed in WotLK and is good it's back indeed, but that's not enough in my opinion. that's one ability/tactic only, and not really essential though.

Regarding the amount of abilities, I would say WoW is better in the way you can use a lot more skills than in GW1 and GW2. However GW have own builds for every ability, which I think is better than having three different talent trees that usually give you a total of 6 options (PvE + PvP). Even though there are several Arcane PvE specs for mage, it's still the same basics, with a few changes depending on gear and stuff. Unfortunatly, GW2 will not give the ability to have two professions at a time, which again give the possibility to have even more different builds, but still a better concept than WoW, even though there should be a possibility to have all skills and abilities out at a time if that was preferred.

When it comes to PvE groups with a max amount which is less than half the WoW 25-man raid, that's aswell based on each and every person what he thinks. I think 25-man is a lot of chaos, and even though one, two or five dies you can still manage. The more importent role you will have, the more fun and intense may it be.

It seems like the only way to decide what to play is to choose the game that has the most preferred gameplay and graphics for each and every person.

Quote Originally Posted by EnZent View Post
    It seems like the only way to decide what to play is to choose the game that has the most preferred gameplay and graphics for each and every person.
    QFT, now lets not continue this flame war and instead comment on why you made your choice.