like or dislike these enhancement ideas?

and quote the ability, and tell me why exactly. These ideas are mainly ones found suggested in some fashion on this forum.

Maelstrom weapon also have a chance to proc a stack on damage taken (PVP idea to make MW a more prevalent ability in pvp, simultaneously improved offense and defense)

Have attack power increase our intellect instead of just spell power (seems like a easier fix then trying to get us to function with a base mana pool, and we could have the same spell power total because of catas new stat mechanics)

Have our mana regen happen passively (like ret paladins) or tied to something that isnt melee, maybe even shocks (this would be to help with pvp also)

as for shamanistic rage (this one is my idea) it now has a dispell ability on it, i think it should make us immune to those that which we can dispel for 1-3 seconds after. otherwise we can get into situations where such affects are being spammed (thinking rated BG's) and its dispel effect becomes almost worthless.

edit: im sure the maelstrom weapon idea is me wishing it was used more in pvp, like how it can be used often in pve. but the other suggestions i think are ideas to fix things that are actually broken or inneffective in some part of this game.

Maelstrom weapon also have a chance to proc a stack on damage taken (PVP idea to make MW a more prevalent ability in pvp, simultaneously improved offense and defense)

Like it. Though Id be content if it worked vs Absorbs misses etc.

Have attack power increase our intellect instead of just spell power (seems like a easier fix then trying to get us to function with a base mana pool, and we could have the same spell power total because of catas new stat mechanics)

This could work. But I understand where Blizzard wants Enh and Ret to share the same Base Mana Model here. I think its just too powerful getting Int for free, after just removing it from our Items.

Have our mana regen happen passively (like ret paladins) or tied to something that isnt melee, maybe even shocks (this would be to help with pvp also)

Best Idea since sliced bread.

as for shamanistic rage (this one is my idea) it now has a dispell ability on it, i think it should make us immune to those that which we can dispel for 1-3 seconds after. otherwise we can get into situations where such affects are being spammed (thinking rated BG's) and its dispel effect becomes almost worthless.

Absolutly! though giving us nearly a full strength Cloak on 1 min cooldown may be a bit OP. Maybe 1 second.

I didnt think about it working vs misses/absorbs, simply changing the proc to happen on swing rather then on damage would fix that wouldnt it?

Im unsure how you think getting int for free is OP but getting equal spellpower for free isnt? obviously they would undo/tweak some of the mana conservation talents they gave in accordance, so the only thing that changes is the number of spells we can cast before going oom, everything else would boil down to being the same. Though if someone can explain it to me id gladly hear them out.

It may not be OP, since we only ever use a portion of Int (less than half our damage is Magic). But, we would receive Spell Crit, Spell Power, and Mana. Plus a certain immunity to mana burns. I think they want us vulnerable to mana burns, Like Ret.

Each Item I saw in Cata. Gives 4 stats.

Casters get: Int, Stam, Spi, and One of either Crit, Hit, Mastery, Haste.

Melee get: Agi, Stam and Two of either Crit, Haste, Hit, Expertise, Mastery.

Giving us "For Free" what amounts to basically as a Fifth stat on gear. May be a little much.

as idea 2.) and 3b.) are mine, i like them, obviously

idea 1,) with maelstrom sounds good. we depend on maelstrom for pretty much anything in pvp, so it´s a bummer to have it not stack while being dodged/parried/absorbed etc, or being focused ins tunlocks all the time.

maybe make it chance to prtoc when attacking (not dealing damage) and being attacked ( not getting damage ). the very fact that focusing the shamy helps him selfheal is godly, we could get a nice chunk of pvp burst/selfheal if the enemy decides to pick on us.

3a.) i think is to boring. manareg should be part of our playstyle, not something that works automatically (the reason i dislike primal wisdom, or rets passive mp5)

4.) assuming we bring back shamanistic rage to it´s manareg use (which wouldn´t be needed with improved shocks manareg), we´d use it only for dmg reduction in pvp, so i dont think it´s to much adding an additional pvp utility effect to it. maybe let it heal you for each effect that is dispelled, to punish teams putting 10 debuffs on you at once :>

ps.: i dont think int instead of spellpower would be "to much" it comes down to mana and a small amount of spellcrit. since enh uses a decent amount of spells, i think we should get spellcrit through gear as much as melee crit. making it int makes mana management design so much easier, and manaburning melees shouldn´t be a viable strategy, ret and enh have already the combined weaknesses of casters and melees (silence, ms, mind numbing to a degree.. )
    Last edited by Omanley; 2010-09-07 at 04:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    more/better shaman ideas come out of the player community than what i see put forth by the development team

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    It may not be OP, since we only ever use a portion of Int (less than half our damage is Magic). But, we would receive Spell Crit, Spell Power, and Mana. Plus a certain immunity to mana burns. I think they want us vulnerable to mana burns, Like Ret.

Each Item I saw in Cata. Gives 4 stats.

Casters get: Int, Stam, Spi, and One of either Crit, Hit, Mastery, Haste.

Melee get: Agi, Stam and Two of either Crit, Haste, Hit, Expertise, Mastery.

Giving us "For Free" what amounts to basically as a Fifth stat on gear. May be a little much.
    If blizzard comes out and says they want enh/ret to be susceptible to mana burns ill believe it, until then i just dont see it. Rets passive manaregen seems like it counters taht idea itself.

also as for a 5th stat for "free" I think your looking at the game too much from the Pov of a pure caster/melee dps.

as a enhancement shaman, a hefty part of our dps is from spells, essentially in order for us to scale appropriately we need our melee dps and spell dps stats combined to the extent needed for us to scale at the correct rate. If one is not linked to the other at all, well the class doesnt work. it wont scale correctly because only part of it will scale.

your line of thinking is we are getting too much, but in reality its giving us enough to function comparitively to other classes because we have our damage sources spread as they do. Deathknights dont have this issue because they were melee/spell casters at their base, shamans are not, they have to work without interfering with elemental/resto too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AedanWolfe View Post

There is a glpyh for SHAMRAGE that dispells all dispelable magic effects on us, wwhich will be awesome against shadow priest and warlocks.

But the Maelstrom proc'ing off incoming attacks is a MUST for pvp blizz make it a glyph!

Im also worried since we're losing intellect our spell crit is going way down, make mental quickness turn like ALL the melee crit into spell crit as well!

i believe we enhancement needs help against melee in pvp BADLY so give us some stun we could use like an idea i have
    Tidal Burst
    water blast up from the ground around the enemy dealing small dmg and blinding the target for 6 seconds reducing chance to land an attack by by 15% and if target is affected by frost shock prior to tidal burst, it causes hypothermea stunning the target for 3 seconds.

and maybe...

Shrink!! i dont know what to call the ability but it would be simialr to natures grasp of the druid and activated and would last for 30 seconds one charge that when some one strikes you with a melee attack they are shrunk reducing thier strength agility stamina and size by 20% for 10 seconds

Like :P
    Yes. That Shaman Just Licked Your face.

shrink would be prty cool to have but we would proly have peeps QQ bout it being op even if it were say 5%