Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joey6000 View Post
    ah you're right did'nt think the 9% would be added to the 90% mana reduction. also have you re-tryed the Moonfire spam rotation, cause for me Im pulling about the same with both rotations about 10k
    I guess that answers the question whether the mana reductions are additive or multiplicative.

1% Moonfire Cost FTW.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering if anyone noticed how the subtle changes in eclipse would alter our rotations. Lunar and solar eclipse now increase nature and arcane spell damage by X%. Well, it just so happens that starfall is all arcane damage. Last I checked, it was a 36% increase with 0 mastery. A 36% increase to starfall damage would make me weep sweet tears of moonkin joy.
    Has anyone tested to see if eclipse increases Starsurge damage? I'm guessing it does.

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone noticed how the subtle changes in eclipse would alter our rotations. Lunar and solar eclipse now increase nature and arcane spell damage by X%. Well, it just so happens that starfall is all arcane damage. Last I checked, it was a 36% increase with 0 mastery. A 36% increase to starfall damage would make me weep sweet tears of moonkin joy.
    Has anyone tested to see if eclipse increases Starsurge damage? I'm guessing it does.
    Neither Starsurge or Starfall are affected by Eclipse. Only the 4 basic spells; Wrath, IS, Starfire, Moonfire.

Deleted
    At 22 I'm loving it. Stuff dies fast so you can't get into a real eclipse rotation in instances but Starsurge and the lack of RNG are both awesome!

When my 80 gets copied over, I'll see about high level stuffz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenorra View Post
    Neither Starsurge or Starfall are affected by Eclipse. Only the 4 basic spells; Wrath, IS, Starfire, Moonfire.
    Um, nope. They're all affected by it. Starfall is affected by Lunar Eclipse only, and Starsurge is affected by Lunar and Solar (since it's like Frostfire Bolt and goes for whatever does the most damage).
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Um, nope. They're all affected by it. Starfall is affected by Lunar Eclipse only, and Starsurge is affected by Lunar and Solar (since it's like Frostfire Bolt and goes for whatever does the most damage).
    if this is the case then why doesn't it's icon glow like the rest of the skills?
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    if this is the case then why doesn't it's icon glow like the rest of the skills?
    You're going to rely on a cheesy new beta mechanic to easy mode spells more? Why don't you try looking at your Starsurge and Starfall damage while under eclipse and when not.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    You're going to rely on a cheesy new beta mechanic to easy mode spells more? Why don't you try looking at your Starsurge and Starfall damage while under eclipse and when not.
    it crossed my mind but i dont have time to do it right now. I'll post back later when i get my results though......btw my spellbook tells me to go and train insect swarm yet when i go to a trainer it isn't there; has this happened to anyone else?
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    it crossed my mind but i dont have time to do it right now. I'll post back later when i get my results though......btw my spellbook tells me to go and train insect swarm yet when i go to a trainer it isn't there; has this happened to anyone else?
    I heard this happening to a lot of people. I still have Insect Swarm, oddly enough. (Although I think I had it trained back when it was a baseline spell back in.. Vanilla was it?)
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    only played kitty while leveling 1-80.
    have you leveled as balance?
    How do you see balance for leveling in cata?
    better, faster, safer than kitty or ?????
    I levelled my druid as balance from level 60. With tons of armour and some nice dmg spells such as starfall it was a piece of cake. Since starsurge hits like a train I can imagine it will be even faster in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflomnom View Post
    I find that it feels a bit lackluster.
    I am sitting at about 3200 SP in moonkin form in the PTR. On Live servers I have 3300 SP in moonkin. WTF happened to our SP? I talked to a lock friend of mine and he has 4100 SP on the PTR. WTF? Seriously.
    Wear all leather and use a 1h / offhand, they give more spell power atm. Went from 3300 on live to 3600 with 2pc/2pc pvp set.

OT: I love starsurge and I love going from 19k mana pool to 39k mana pool, Now I literaly cant go oom, especialy with the 12% mana reg on eclipse.

Yeah I love starsurge, the 40k+ numbers popping up with some buffs and procs are awesome too, only thing im sad about is not being able to tank anymore /cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Did more testing and I was wrong. The numbers I was seeing before had a been due to the debuffs on the test dummy therefore seemed unchanged by Eclipse.

15+ Year Old Account
    What bothers me more now is the fact that Starsurge is not affected by Moonfury.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    uhm, i don't know, I was able to go OOM selfbuffed (without innervate), but that is a thing that you need check with raid buffs.

btw, i'm quite confused. I do on live serv ~11k DPS self buffed on TB dummies with starfall, and at PTR only ~8k :| sometimes i can hit 9k. What rotations do you use?
    (my one: wrath, starg, wrath till eclipse, starfall, moonfire, starfire, sg, starfire till elipse (and probably with 1 sg), insect, wrath, starg, and again wrath till eclipse)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanhelsen View Post
    uhm, i don't know, I was able to go OOM selfbuffed (without innervate), but that is a thing that you need check with raid buffs.

btw, i'm quite confused. I do on live serv ~11k DPS self buffed on TB dummies with starfall, and at PTR only ~8k :| sometimes i can hit 9k. What rotations do you use?
    (my one: wrath, starg, wrath till eclipse, starfall, moonfire, starfire, sg, starfire till elipse (and probably with 1 sg), insect, wrath, starg, and again wrath till eclipse)
    That's what I do, but I don't go OOM (but I have occasionally had to innervate). I do have a 50%+ crit rate so that tends to move me into Eclipse faster (thus proc'ing Euphoria more). The problem is our crit rate is going to drop through the basement at 85 and we won't have Euphoria to rely on as much.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

I heard this happening to a lot of people. I still have Insect Swarm, oddly enough. (Although I think I had it trained back when it was a baseline spell back in.. Vanilla was it?)
    Back in Vanilla Insect Swarm was three tiers in to the bloody Resto tree!