Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Cool looking stuff, cheers.

Edit: He says it takes 150 fragments to craft, what kind of time sink would that represent ?
    I'm guessing a lot
    Last edited by mmocf3b228c4c6; 2010-09-22 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Question

Yeah... sadly that would take many, many hours. The problem with getting Tol'vir fragments is that you would have to wait for the digsites to spawn in Uldum. With it being totally random you could get lucky.. but the chances are it won't spawn there above any of the other 50 areas on Kalimdor :P

So it's all about actually getting those spawns in Uldum! (Then maybe getting a bit lucky by picking up 4 per loot)

Mitarn or another person can tell me, what Highborne Scroll is use for?

its worth the equiv of 12 normal fragments for a night elf item

I can't see any sites on the isles Exodar crashed on, sad to see Blizzard ignored it so far, there are so many nelf ruins on these isles it doesn't make sense if they are just left empty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone maxed out Archaeology on the Beta yet? I couldn't bring myself to do it past 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykungfu View Post
    Has anyone maxed out Archaeology on the Beta yet? I couldn't bring myself to do it past 100.
    Yes, I saw the Realm first 525 Achievement flash a week ago. (on US PvE realm)

While I like archeology, I hate the fact it looks like it will be an insane time sink. Had a WPL dig site pop only to get replaced with one in STV when I dug it up >.<
    Daenerýs

“It's fear of the unknown. The unknown is what it is. And to be frightened of it is what sends everybody scurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, all that--it's all illusion. Unknown is what it is. Accept that it's unknown and it's plain sailing. Everything is unknown--then you're ahead of the game. That's what it is. Right?” - John Lennon

This is going to be GREAT! i cant wait!

Thank you Kenz for this amazing signature!

wow it's so cool

I can't see any sites on the isles Exodar crashed on, sad to see Blizzard ignored it so far, there are so many nelf ruins on these isles it doesn't make sense if they are just left empty.
    The reason you don't see them in any of the starting areas like Durotar, Elwyn, Exodar Isles, etc. is because the skill actually requires level 20. So they sort of cut those areas out. The first places you will start getting those fragments would be level 20+ areas.

And yeaaah. I can't wait for this to go live!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice guide.

Although ever since they mentioned triangulating the artifact in blue posts, I have to wonder how long before someone comes up with an addon that puts 3 lines on your map where you use Survey and triangulates for you. If that's even possible, that is.

Like, a map overlay that puts something on along the lines of this.
    Last edited by Zaerix; 2010-09-24 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaerix View Post
    Nice guide.

Although ever since they mentioned triangulating the artifact in blue posts, I have to wonder how long before someone comes up with an addon that puts 3 lines on your map where you use Survey and triangulates for you. If that's even possible, that is.

Like, a map overlay that puts something on along the lines of this.
    I figure Gatherer adddon will suffice for most people when they have all the spawn locations pinpointed. An actual Traingulator would be neat though.

if you have to do three surveys to triangulate, you could just start at random, follow the direction and light and be as fast without triangulation.
    it will anyways not be exact enough that 3 surveys will be enough. sometimes you survey, its green and you take a step in the direction survey again and you get your fragments, somtimes it completely changes directions by 90° even when red, so i guess you can forget triangulation.

While the triangulating method is cool and all and might well be useful later on, I just find that, more often than not, it ends up being easier just looking which direction the scope is pointing and following it based on the distance. You can use your mount to skip the longer red distances and after a bit of practice you will be able to do it quite effectively in 3 or less Surveys.

Is Dwarf, Night Elf, Troll and Fossile the only Artifact that work in Beta or?.

Think Tol'vir must work, since I found a Blue Battle Tank in Ogrimmar.
    Last edited by artemisthemp; 2010-09-24 at 04:46 PM.

Cant wait for this, but it looks like the dwarfs get screwed with one locations

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mitarn View Post
    The reason you don't see them in any of the starting areas like Durotar, Elwyn, Exodar Isles, etc. is because the skill actually requires level 20. So they sort of cut those areas out. The first places you will start getting those fragments would be level 20+ areas.

And yeaaah. I can't wait for this to go live!
    Which is disappointing. I'd love the option to dig on those isles.

---------- Post added 2010-09-24 at 07:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spitzbube View Post
    Cant wait for this, but it looks like the dwarfs get screwed with one locations
    not at all, dwarves have TONS of locations on eastern kingdoms so they're not at all screwed

Deleted
    Got a question. If I pick up Archaeology at lvl 80 when Cata launches, do I have to go through the low lvl zones to skill up my Arch, like Elwynn Forrest etc etc, or can I go directly to MT Hyjal and such?
    Last edited by mmoc45050943f7; 2010-09-24 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLOCOPTER View Post
    Got a question. If I pick up Archaeology at lvl 80 when Cata launches, do I have to go through the low lvl zones to skill up my Arch, like Elwynn Forrest etc etc, or can I go directly to MT Hyjal and such?
    From the looks of it you can jump straight to high level content to find low level artifacts. In TB's 84-85 Archeology Leveling video (It was giving mega xp thanks to a glitch), he didn't have high Archeology at all, but he was prancing around Outland anyway.