Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drubibu View Post
    Hi guys I have a problem: I dont have enough keys so I want my regular key press to be serpent sting and modifier alt to misdirect to my pet. But i cant seem to get the following macro to work:

#showtooltip
    /targetenemy [noharm] [dead]
    /cast [nomod][harm] Serpent Sting
    /cast [mod:alt][@pet, exists] misdirection
    /startattack
    /PetAttack

Is it even possible to do this? It doesn't misdirect. I need to manualy target my pet to work.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /cast [mod:alt,@pet,exists] misdirection;[harm] Serpent Sting
    /startattack
    /petattack
    the problem in your misdirection line is that you use 2 condition brackets in the serpent sting and in the misdirection line.
    Macros check each [] separately, so [mod:alt] directly causes misdirection to be cast and the [@pet, exists] to be ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    >>>>/targetenemy [noharm][dead]<<<<<<
    /cast [mod:alt,@pet,exists] misdirection;[harm] Serpent Sting
    /startattack
    /petattack
    wont that first line always return a negative? as in you can't target an enemy that is friendly...which will make it target a dead enemy

i think it should read
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /Targetenemy [nodead]
    /cast [@pet,mod:alt,help] misdirection;[harm] Serpent Sting
    /startattack
    /petattack
    targets the closest living enemy, and fires serpent sting /starts attacks and on mod:alt misdirects to your pet

i changed exists to help as runs the same exists check and will check just in case your pet becomes mind-controled or something (not sure it can, but its shorter and does the same exists check anyway.)

EDIT: Nevermind, i was wrong about how /targetenemy command worked
    Last edited by McSpriest; 2012-04-06 at 08:21 PM.

Deleted
    The conditionals on /targetenemy apply to the current target - it reads:
    "If the current target is not harmful or dead (in other words, not a living enemy), THEN target the closest enemy."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    The conditionals on /targetenemy apply to the current target - it reads:
    "If the current target is not harmful or dead (in other words, not a living enemy), THEN target the closest enemy."
    ahh i see, I always thought it was the reverse for that, ok then

I'm rather stuck on trying to get this form of macro to... well work- as I can't seem to think of a working modifier or method that will achieve the desired end result.

As you know, on the beta, your tiers offer you three choices. Talents also reset every time you switch spec at the moment (that won't occur in the end, but the same reason will apply) I dislike replacing the spells from the spell book onto my bars.
    Here's the VERY SIMPLE example of the General Idea.
    Example:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Soul Link
    /cast Sacrificial Pact
    /cast Dark Bargain
    I've placed all three of the abilities your offered to choose from at level 45 into one button. The button will stay on my bar through a talent reset and cast the spell- but it will, obviously, show the tooltip of Soul Link, whether or not I selected it (So basically a grayed out "?" at all times with no writing). I can't think of any conditions or modifiers that would allow it to skip or glance over Soul Link if I don't have the spell (but instead have Dark Bargain or what not), any ideas- or outside of a Macro's capabilities?

Deleted
    Outside of a macro's capabilities, yes. Outside of an addon's capabilities, no - it can automatically replace one spell on your bars with another.

I can draft something up for you, but I need you to check a few things for me, first, as I'm not sure about how talent APIs work on the beta.

Actually, addons are disabled on the beta right now, aren't they? Think I heard something along these lines, correct me if I'm wrong.

I want to prompt the user for a filename, with parameters for the name described in the prompt, and then save the active document by that name in a specific directory (not user chosen). I would prefer to do this in a merge, because I am more fmailiar with the merge language, but a solution by macro would be fine, if not too complex.

I think this is maybe a simple thing. I would hope to prompt by GetString and thereby have the name in a variable, but how do I then get the variable name into the document name box in the save document screen?

Deleted
    Hello, I am curious as now that the Noble garden has started, os there a macro that makes you loot the Brightly Colored Egg if it is nearby? I highly doubt it but yet my hopes are up

Quote Originally Posted by dooffie66 View Post
    Hello, I am curious as now that the Noble garden has started, os there a macro that makes you loot the Brightly Colored Egg if it is nearby? I highly doubt it but yet my hopes are up
    Nope sorry.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Hello everyone! I was wondering if there is a macro that allows you to target only the targets that are alive. For example, today I farmed a pattern and I used a macro to find the mobs easier. However, when I use it, I also take in target the mobs that are already dead. Thanks in advance! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Msbrightside View Post
    Hello everyone! I was wondering if there is a macro that allows you to target only the targets that are alive. For example, today I farmed a pattern and I used a macro to find the mobs easier. However, when I use it, I also take in target the mobs that are already dead. Thanks in advance! :-)
    Code:
    /tar Rare Mob
    /cleartarget [dead]

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Cheers, gnome!

I want a code to change colors in some /e, for example "Jarael know that %t fear" in blue, or say "Jarael is attracted by %t" in pink, this can be done ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gringo371 View Post
    I want a code to change colors in some /e, for example "Jarael know that %t fear" in blue, or say "Jarael is attracted by %t" in pink, this can be done ?
    Possible, but only visible to you (not others).

Deleted
    I'm not into macros and I want to ask a quick question.

Is it possible to make a macro that casts Incinerate when I'm standing still or Fel Flame when I'm moving?

Quote Originally Posted by panalfik View Post
    I'm not into macros and I want to ask a quick question.

Is it possible to make a macro that casts Incinerate when I'm standing still or Fel Flame when I'm moving?
    Not possible without the use of modifiers. This macro will cast Fel Flame if you're holding down the shift key, otherwise it casts Incinerate.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift] Fel Flame; Incinerate

I've made macros like this before fairly easily, I'm probably making a clueless mistake but... I need a Macro that will cast my spiders Web (its just /cast Web) on my focus target if I have a focus, and if not, on my current target. If its possible to do without a modifier, that'd be great.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,harm][]Web

http://i.imgur.com/vlAZ2.jpg

Anyone know what unit frames he's using for the health bars? I tried Pitbull4 but they have these ugly ass icons for the holy power that kills it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by t0mat03 View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/vlAZ2.jpg

Anyone know what unit frames he's using for the health bars? I tried Pitbull4 but they have these ugly ass icons for the holy power that kills it for me.
    looks like http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gframes
    with some settings changed