Is there a way to make a macro that uses cast spell on mouseover and if there is no target on mouseover it casts on the current target? I intend to use them on my holy pala

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    Macros go in order, so where you have '; Backstab', there is no conditional on Backstab, meaning it will always try to Backstab unless you're in stance 1/3 with no modifier selected. The other 2 never fire, because the macro never gets to that point. Even if you're holding shift, you still meet the requirements you've set forth for Backstab. You can fix it a couple of ways, but I would probably just write it backward from what you have.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:ctrl] Hemorrhage
    /use [mod:shift] Rupture
    /use [stance:1/3, nomod] Ambush; Backstab
    Thanks, will be using this!

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys.

Not sure if this is something that is covered by a macro or not.

Im having trouble along with some others in my raid clicking, lets say the bombs bags in Blast Furnace.

Its a right click interact button that, with lots of adds up can be lost behind mobs.

Can you macro an interact with it?

Quote Originally Posted by KalinPopov View Post
    Is there a way to make a macro that uses cast spell on mouseover and if there is no target on mouseover it casts on the current target? I intend to use them on my holy pala
    This should work.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover, noharm, nodead]Spell Name
    /use Spell Name
    This assumes you're trying to cast healing spell or a buff of some kind kind. If you want to cast an offensive spell, replace noharm with harm. If you want targeted resurrection, replace nodead with dead.
    Last edited by Propelled; 2015-03-12 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Propelled View Post
    This should work.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover, noharm, nodead]Spell Name
    /use Spell Name
    This assumes you're trying to cast healing spell or a buff of some kind kind. If you want to cast an offensive spell, replace noharm with harm. If you want targeted resurrection, replace nodead with dead.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover, noharm, nodead][] Spell Name

That's pretty neat, wasn't aware you could order it like that. What's the reason for the empty condition box?

That's pretty neat, wasn't aware you could order it like that. What's the reason for the empty condition box?
    it's the same as /cast Spell

Should probably add a [@mouseover, noharm, nodead, exists] aswell.
    ----

This would be the most generic version of it. Doesn't care about help or harm.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover, exists][] Spell Name
    Massive rep for shanthi for that website though. Love it. http://www.macroexplain.com/
    Last edited by Jabberie; 2015-03-12 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberie View Post
    it's the same as /cast Spell

Should probably add a [@mouseover, noharm, nodead, exists] aswell.

Exists is implied by the other two conditionals (noharm, nodead), so it isn't needed. IE: Since the macro has to check if your mouseover is alive in order to determine whether it can cast on the mouseover, that means a mouseover target has to exist for it to attempt the first part of the macro. Therefore, it will continue onto the second part (empty brackets, no conditional) if there is no mouseover.

In your generic example, the exists is needed, because there is no other conditional attached to the mouseover. If you don't put the exists, it just attempts to cast on a mouseover target no matter what, which means it will never move on to the next part of the macro, whether you have a mouseover or not.
    Last edited by Rarch; 2015-03-12 at 03:13 PM.

An empty condition box means "cast as if there are no conditions applied", which is basically "do what you would do if I just press the spell button in the spellbook.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Not sure if this is something that is covered by a macro or not.
    Im having trouble along with some others in my raid clicking, lets say the bombs bags in Blast Furnace.
    Its a right click interact button that, with lots of adds up can be lost behind mobs.
    You have to have a unique hardware event to trigger "interact with target" -- though you can keybind exactly that in the Blizzard options. (I have it on middle mouse button for my own convenience.)

Unfortunately, unless you can macro targetting the bag, and use that keybind, you can't have a macro to do what you want. (or an addon.)

Can you make a macro like this:

Macro #1
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead] Zen Sphere
    Macro #2
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@player,nodead] Zen Sphere
    Macro #3
    Code:
    /castsequnce macro1, macro2
    I'm trying to have zen sphere alternate between me then my focus/my cotank with the same button.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit:
    Never mind I don't think this is possible but if someone figures something out it would be interesting to explore the idea more.
    Last edited by Skorkin; 2015-03-18 at 06:08 AM.
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4 GB GDDR5 CPU: Intel Core I5 4670K 3.4G Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Pro4 LGA 1150 Intel PSU: Corsair HX 750 Watt
    CPU-Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Ram: HyperX 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Case: Corsair High Airflow ATX Cube Case
    Monitor: Asus VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz Mouse: Razer Deathadder Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma Stealth Mic: Blue Snowball SSD: PNY XLR8, 240GB

Quote Originally Posted by Skorkin View Post
    Can you make a macro like this:

Macro #1
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead] Zen Sphere

Macro #2
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@player,nodead] Zen Sphere

Macro #3
    /castsequnce macro1, macro2

I'm trying to have zen sphere alternate between me then my focus/my cotank with the same button.

I'm fairly certain that isn't possible for multiple reasons. First, I don't think it's possible to trigger a macro with a game play command via another macro. Second, the syntax would be screwy, and I don't think it would react the way you want it to. You may be able to just make the /castsequence macro as is, though. I've never tried attaching conditionals to a castsequence macro, but I guess there isn't any reason why it wouldn't work, unless that's just a general rule of /castsequence. Try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [@focus,help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead] Zen Sphere, [@player,nodead] Zen Sphere

I would recommend adding a reset to it in case you die in the middle of the cast sequence; /castsequence reset=combat(...) seems like it would fit here. That's completely untested, so if it doesn't work, you'll likely need to go with modifiers instead of a cast sequence.

- - - Updated - - -

As I look more closely at this, I'm thinking it probably won't work. I think conditionals can only be applied to the entire sequence, not individual spells within the sequence.

I think it's going to break at the "...Sphere, [@player,nodead]..." part. Let me know if it ends up working or not, though. I'm curious now.
    Last edited by Rarch; 2015-03-18 at 06:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorkin View Post
    (snip)

- - - Updated - - -

Edit:
    Never mind I don't think this is possible but if someone figures something out it would be interesting to explore the idea more.
    The highligheted part isn't possible. Macros can change targets only with a number of conditionals, and more importantly, can't know whether you cast your last zen sphere on your focus or yourself.
    A modifier macro would be easiest, I suppose:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,help,nodead,nomod][@targettarget,help,nodead,nomod][@player] Zen Sphere
    casts on your focus with no mod, or on yourself if you press alt or shift or ctrl.

Actually, can someone tell me if this above macro would also work like "/cast [@focus,help,nodead,nomod][] Zen Sphere", casting on current target with ctrl or shift and using the usual "Alt-for-selfcast" functionality if Alt is pressed?
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2015-03-18 at 12:25 PM.

im using this macro to cast power word: solace on my focus if theyre an enemy and i have a focus, otherwise on my targets target if their target is an enemy, otherwise on my target if i have no focus and my target is an enemy. is there any way to make the macro change to mindbender with the same focus/targettarget/target conditionals if i have that talent instead of solace? if i select mindbender it just turns to a question mark. theyre in the same tier (mindbender is talent 3/2 and solace is talent 3/3)

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@focus,harm,nodead]Holy Fire
    /stopmacro [@focus,harm,nodead]
    /use [@targettarget,harm,nodead]Holy Fire
    /stopmacro [@targettarget,harm,nodead]
    /use Holy Fire
    Last edited by kheath812; 2015-03-27 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    im using this macro to cast solace on my focus if theyre an enemy and i have a focus, otherwise on my targets target if their target is an enemy. is there any way to make the macro change to mindbender with the same focus/targettarget conditionals if i have that talent instead of solace? if i select mindbender it just turns to a question mark. theyre in the same tier (mindbender is talent 3/2 and solace is talent 3/3)

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead,talent:3/2][@targettarget,harm,nodead,talent:3/2][talent:3/2] Mindbender;[@focus,harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead][] Holy Fire

A slightly more readable version (though redundant "/cast"):

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead,talent:3/2][@targettarget,harm,nodead,talent:3/2][talent:3/2] Mindbender
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead][] Holy Fire
    Last edited by shanthi; 2015-03-27 at 10:32 PM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead,talent:3/2][@targettarget,harm,nodead,talent:3/2][talent:3/2] Mindbender;[@focus,harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead][] Holy Fire

A slightly more readable version (though redundant "/cast"):

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead,talent:3/2][@targettarget,harm,nodead,talent:3/2][talent:3/2] Mindbender
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead][] Holy Fire
    thanks! works perfectly

Been trying to get a all in one macro to work
    #showtooltip
    /cast [button:1,nomodifier] garrison hearthstone; [button:1,modifier:shift] conjure refreshment
    /cast [button:2,nomodifier] hearthstone; [button:2,modifier:shift] conjure refreshment table
    /use [button:3] conjured mana pudding

can't seem to get the modifier part to work. Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Nalleron View Post
    Been trying to get a all in one macro to work
    #showtooltip
    /cast [button:1,nomodifier] garrison hearthstone; [button:1,modifier:shift] conjure refreshment
    /cast [button:2,nomodifier] hearthstone; [button:2,modifier:shift] conjure refreshment table
    /use [button:3] conjured mana pudding

can't seem to get the modifier part to work. Thanks for the help
    Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [btn:1,mod:shift]Conjure Refreshment;[btn:1]Garrison Hearthstone
    /cast [btn:2,mod:shift]Conjure Refreshment Table;[btn:2]Hearthstone
    /use [btn:3]Conjured Mana Pudding
    /use [btn:3]Conjured Mana Fritter

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [btn:1,mod:shift]Conjure Refreshment;[btn:1]Garrison Hearthstone
    /cast [btn:2,mod:shift]Conjure Refreshment Table;[btn:2]Hearthstone
    /use [btn:3]Conjured Mana Pudding
    /use [btn:3]Conjured Mana Fritter
    Gave it a try but the modifier still won't work. I used to use a button similar to this and had no problems before, so I'm a little baffled atm lol.

are there generic names for tiers of abilities that are all actives? i remember seeing a post somewhere around here someone made that listed off all the generic names for class tier abilities that would cast whatever ability from that tier you had skilled. for example, /cast shadowfiend will still cast mindbender if i have it skilled. disc priest level 90 tier. cascade, divine star, halo. is there some /cast [x] i can use that will cast the appropriate ability from that tier no matter what i have tiered? or do i just have to use a [talent:x.y] conditional? i ask because im trying to make an appropriate weakaura. not necessarily a macro question but i could apply it to macros in the future anyway so im curious.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    are there generic names for tiers of abilities that are all actives? i remember seeing a post somewhere around here someone made that listed off all the generic names for class tier abilities that would cast whatever ability from that tier you had skilled. for example, /cast shadowfiend will still cast mindbender if i have it skilled. disc priest level 90 tier. cascade, divine star, halo. is there some /cast [x] i can use that will cast the appropriate ability from that tier no matter what i have tiered? or do i just have to use a [talent:x.y] conditional? i ask because im trying to make an appropriate weakaura. not necessarily a macro question but i could apply it to macros in the future anyway so im curious.
    Only a very few. You can use the "[talent:7/2]" conditionals, but I prefer to use the Talent Macros addon which rewrites a macro when you change talents. Basically, the talent: versions are really long, and it's easier to use the addon that switches macros instead of trying to cram everything into 255 characters desperately. *cough* Especially when some talents have, like, 15 character names. :?