Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyneup View Post
    Looks like us rogues have to change again to Assasination (for those who are Combat now)
    I'm doing great with subtlety on beta atm

My patch says it's 4.68gb, but I'm not sure if this is the same one as above since I didn't log on much in the last few weeks and don't think I actually finished DLing the others.. Hmm. Anyone know what the size of the last ones were?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    My patch says it's 4.68gb, but I'm not sure if this is the same one as above since I didn't log on much in the last few weeks and don't think I actually finished DLing the others.. Hmm. Anyone know what the size of the last ones were?

i believe last background download was 4.68gb, but i could be wrong of course

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    i believe last background download was 4.68gb, but i could be wrong of course
    i have 4.68gb as well and this one goes faster then the other 2 so far im at 16% after 25 min other 2 i was at like 5% after an hour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2er View Post
    Godamnit, another long as hell download.
    Only if you didn't already DL Parts 1 and 2. Mine finished in about 30 minutes including checking which is -fast- for a background download.

15+ Year Old Account
    Montyn whispers F222\
    Renie has died

lol

Uhh doesn't the patch have to be two weeks or more out? Season 8 is ending with 4.0 and we haven't got the two week notice yet, as far as I know

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    They changed rets to the most boring class possible now. Instead of pushing 4-5 buttons in a rotation now we push 2 button majority of the time and a few other buttons every once in awhile.
    Currently Ret IS broken, we all know this:P

On live the buttons you press (with the only "planning" being, I'll hit the thing that comes of cooldwon first ololo) are: CS, DS, Judge, exo and hammer of wrath.
    That's 3 attacks that you know when are coming off cd, and 2 attacks which needs proc or low health to us. that's 5, ok, of which 3 are used the most. You can ofc use concecration if the mana allows it. The dmg cooldowns you need to use are : Wings

On ptr you have: CS, judge, exo, Templars verdict and hammer of wrath. You got DS for AoE now (altering which spells to use when AoE'ing, that's good). They are also working on making Holy wrath usefull more often too That's 6 confirmed attack, of which 3 are used the most, and 3 are situational. But keep in mind HoW can be used druing wings too now.
    The dmg cooldowns you need to use are: Wings, Zealotry, Guardian and Inquisition (this one you need to manage quite often too). Again, Concecration can be used, but it's gonna hurt your mana bad :P
    In cata there will also be times when you need to use survival cd's or even off heal or heal yourself to help the healer, and thus helping the raid.

How you can possible say ret becomes more boring is beyond me.
    Meh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    But asking a whole guild to "socially grind" is really unnecessary. Hell, most guilds don't have enough time in the week to run all the current content, let alone sacrificing a Thursday to have "Old Grinding Night".
    ? its supposed so Guilds dont get bored after clearing all content like after bc and wotlk

Especially considering that all the legendary can only be equipped by one or two classes. Asking a hunter to grind Elementium ingots for a mace he cant use when he'd be better off running Sunwell for the bow is just poor design imo.
    maces can be used by more then one class, so can bows....

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Lemme gues u didnt download the EU Patch? ^^
    Last edited by mmoc9b6e6339ec; 2010-09-25 at 12:27 PM.

But asking a whole guild to "socially grind" is really unnecessary. Hell, most guilds don't have enough time in the week to run all the current content, let alone sacrificing a Thursday to have "Old Grinding Night".

Let some guild members grind professions, some grind XP, some grind weapons, some grind rep...diving up the effort, not senseless duplication of efforts.

Especially considering that all the legendary can only be equipped by one or two classes. Asking a hunter to grind Elementium ingots for a mace he cant use when he'd be better off running Sunwell for the bow is just poor design imo.
    I think you forgot that achievements are completely optional!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it probably won't hit Tuesday, as we have a message saying there will only be rolling restarts, unless they can just flip the switch on now that we have the data?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret needs more burst.... needs different abilities to do different jobs

one that thats fair damage but heals your something.... not all abilities which are damaged based. We need abilities for different situations.... but no with just use the same abilities 24/7

15+ Year Old Account
    Boub,

in regards to the DK news about Runic Empowerment, I'd suggest you add the second statement of GC, where he's quoting a player who rightfully points out that some people might misunderstand the concept behind this ability.

It won't refresh a rune, which is currently running the 10 sec CD but has a chance to refresh a dead-locked rune which would start to cooldown when the first finished.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ret and feral QQ's make me rofl as an enh shaman after all of wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by stians View Post
    You don't think it'll hit retail this Wed, right? :P

Well since they have announced 15 minute rolling restarts on most realms for next maintenance, I would assume no way the patch is coming this week
    "Peace is a lie"

Can someone help me out.. what will we get with 4.0.1 exactly? Just the pre-Cataclysm events? When does the world change and the new quests open up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Can someone help me out.. what will we get with 4.0.1 exactly? Just the pre-Cataclysm events? When does the world change and the new quests open up?
    Pre-cata quests. I think the new talent system. But quests and new zone will be when u buy cata

Quote Originally Posted by Malleus View Post
    If you think that Retris currently push buttons in a rotation, then you are a very bad Retri and shouldn't be complaining.

The changes make Retris more like Rogues, with core yellow attacks that build resource points, a finisher that consumes them and scales with the number of resource points you have, and a DPS buff that also uses resource points and must be juggled with your finisher. The difference is that where Rogues have several finishers to select from but only one core attack, Paladins have several resource-generating attacks but only one finisher. This makes them tougher to play and generally more fun.
    Several resource-generating attacks? We have 1 resource-generating attack and the rest of them is all RNG, it's extremely boring. Also calling me bad is laughable since I took a 10 month break from the game and came back in 245/258 gear and beating Rets in 264/277 gear. Our current priority system is much entertaining then this new HP model. I guess it's just personal preference because having to hit CS->HoW->Judge->DS->Conc->Exo in that priority order is much more entertaining then hitting Judge->CS->CS->TV and then hitting CS->CS->TV for majority of the fight with other abilities in every once in awhile. Atleast now it wasn't a straight forward rotation, it currently can end up being CS->Judge->DS->CS->Conc->Exo->CS->Judge->CS or even completely different depending on how much haste you have. Basically it's never a set rotation on live but it will be which is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoCoffee View Post
    Pre-cata quests. I think the new talent system. But quests and new zone will be when u buy cata
    The new world and new quests are open to everyone without needing to buy Cataclysm.. so I thought those would be accessed prior to launch?