Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    *rubs her temples* First off, it's not racist, I think there's a word for it, anti-semetic or something. Because jews aren't a race, it's a religion and kinda a race...it's a whole mess I'm not getting into.

Second, it's ignorant in a slang, and not official sense, because he knows I was joking and was taking from a stereotype that someone who is jewish might not be so generous.
    The worst kind of racist scum is the kind of racist scum that (a) doesn't even realise they are being racist and (b) when they are called out for it, try to deny it.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpdaddy View Post
    QQ I want to fly in old world! ah well who wants a rushed game full of bugs/glitches???? Guess i will give the ptr a go...
    I do. I would rather have a bugged game with glitches than no game they have been dangling in our face for over a year. Most of the people who say "It's not ready yet" are people who already have beta so it dosn't bother them. Us normal people would like a game sometime rather than this bullshit they pull where it will probably be released on Dec 31st (only for stockholders who they told would be released in 2010). And yes when it's released with bugs I will still complain because they should have picked their asses off the floor, stayed on schedule and know how to program their own game they have had for 6 years.

If I met a Wow developer and they said "soon..." I would have to stab him in the face because that is never true. (where are those dances mentioned in WotLK release? minor? Then get off your asses and do it sometime instead of so far lying while dangling an expansion you seemingly never plan on releasing. Harder than I think? Then you must be mighty incapable for multimillion dollar software company that can't seem to get some half decent programmers to do something I knowis at least possible (in this example the dance studio) in the year friggin' 2010!). The dance studio is just an existing example of Blizzards incompetence, it's not the only thing I care about but its a perfect example of how lazy and flakey they can be at (most) times on even the smallest and simplest things. Either admit you are dropping it or do it, don't pretend like you have people working at it constantly (or even still thinking about it) because it is soooooo difficult that you couldn't release it when WotLK released

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still expecting a November release, since, you know, it's not official... but this "information" makes me wonder what happened on blizzard's side to cause this "supposed" postponement.

I just really want the time to move FASTER so we can get to Blizzcon and get the damn date already !

15+ Year Old Account
    Still think cata will come in November tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I do. I would rather have a bugged game with glitches than no game they have been dangling in our face for over a year. Most of the people who say "It's not ready yet" are people who already have beta so it dosn't bother them. Us normal people would like a game sometime rather than this bullshit they pull where it will probably be released on Dec 31st (only for stockholders who they told would be released in 2010). And yes when it's released with bugs I will still complain because they should have picked their asses off the floor, stayed on schedule and know how to program their own game they have had for 6 years.

If I met a Wow developer and they said "soon..." I would have to stab him in the face because that is never true. (where are those dances mentioned in WotLK release? minor? Then get off your asses and do it sometime instead of so far lying while dangling an expansion you seemingly never plan on releasing. Harder than I think? Then you must be mighty incapable for multimillion dollar software company that can't seem to get some half decent programmers to do something I knowis at least possible (in this example the dance studio) in the year friggin' 2010!). The dance studio is just an existing example of Blizzards incompetence, it's not the only thing I care about but its a perfect example of how lazy and flakey they can be at (most) times on even the smallest and simplest things. Either admit you are dropping it or do it, don't pretend like you have people working at it constantly (or even still thinking about it) because it is soooooo difficult that you couldn't release it when WotLK released
    Nope. I might be bored to tears of ICC, I even quit my raiding guild and have been doing nothing but leveling alts out of boredom, but I still don't want cata to come out before it's ready. If they DID release it in it's current state (or even, it's state a month from now) you'd have yourself upset over the fact that certain zones are entirely unplayable. I'm not in beta, but as far as I heard there are plenty of people d/c'd merely by hitting WATER. Sounds fun. Apparently Searing Gorge is an entirely unplayable zone due to bugs. Once again, totally sounds fun.

And I'm really not sure why people are still whining about the dances, yeah, it would be nice if they confirmed/denied whether they're going to happen but I'd still much rather have a few new pieces of gear/a few new quests/a few new ANYTHING other than silly dances that no one will notice. Like, seriously. Dances would amuse you for what... 5 minutes? 'Cause unless they add even MORE stuff to make a custom dance important, then it's hardly even a relevant change.

On another note, the sundering or whatever you could call it (Deathwing pewpewing the land) is going to happen before cata is released, so we will have new content soon(tm) enough.
    Last edited by Odexy; 2010-09-27 at 10:33 AM.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I do. I would rather have a bugged game with glitches than no game they have been dangling in our face for over a year.
    Of course you would. There is nothing better than having character stuck in wrong phase and not being able to do anything, or your client crashing every time you try to log on your character, that was on wyvern taxi flying over Feralas, or bring stuck in invisible wall area, where you are "floating" and cant even HS out of there or using unstuck or any way of killing yourself.

And the best part? Everyone would have these issues and GMs wont be able to solve then quickly enough. You could be stuck for days before your request got to the GMs through the hundreds of other requests of similar nature. Not that GMs are quick to respond even now on live anyway.

Release date will be announced on October 22nd. Mark my words.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    this means you can buy tier sets from either badge pts or tokens or bo you need both ??

and also mage ftw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic013 View Post
    I dont see a reason to stay in Shat/Dala without it.
    And that is exactly why they are doing it. They don't want Dalaran 8or Shatt) be the default location in Cata, they want Stormwind/orgrimmar to be the "new Dalaran".

Hence this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I'm still expecting a November release, since, you know, it's not official... but this "information" makes me wonder what happened on blizzard's side to cause this "supposed" postponement.
    I expect it's an issue with the discs not going gold yet - for an early November release they'll need to have started making the DVDs by about now. Basically, it'll take the best part of a month to get the DVDs printed, boxed, and sent to the shops, and they can't launch until then. They can, however, launch patches 4.0.1 (1 - 2 weeks away) and 4.0.3 (late Oct / early Nov), since these don't require shipping of DVD's, so they can still go live as scheduled.

Anyway, I'm still hoping for a mid-Nov launch. 1 week before Xmas is bad as guildies will be on hols

As I said, as will I say now,

We will have a cata-prepatch the week after next.

We will have another one the beginning of November. Or late October.

They will announce the release date at Blizzcon, as well displaying the cinematic.

I think that will be either early December, or late november.

YEAH, I will be able to finish my bachelor thesis for november 22 and not miss the cata release hooray for blizzard!

So doesn't taking out the portals kinda screw people who are leveling and want to get to an auction house?

Arggh for all the people that keep saying it no its meant to be justice pt's it was changed from hero to justice many weeks ago.

Portals going from dala and shatt, not suprised.

finally prices for gear seem a tad steep
    A full set (minus weapon until they provide one a tank can use in mainhand) of 8 items works out as 13750 JP's equivalent to 5000 badges of frost or triumph most stuff has gone up by a factor of 10 in cost, but we've yet to see if the sources of points have also scaled accordingly in cata, either way grinding badges before the conversion will only render you less than a 3rd of the points required to slip into that blue gear asap.

Vicious Gladiator Vehemence.

I like the sound of that.

Awww sucks to be me then, that's too close to my exams and then going back to college in less than a month. Oh well official release date for me is going to be sometime next year.

I'd rather have a later release date than have the release the expac all buggy and shit. It's already going to be buggy enough going from PTR to Live, but we want as many of the kinks worked out as possible before it's released.

Plus: It'll be right at the end of exams for me, and close to my birthday (super awesome).

It's good to see that Justice points only grant blue items, and the removal of portals makes it even better for me, players really teleport A LOT these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its gonna be december i hope its the 14th. Im out of the country on holiday at the end of november / start of december and i dont really want to miss out.